Date of birth: Sep 3, 2000 (19)
Place of birth: England

Position: Defender - Left-Back
Current club: Manchester United
Contract expires: Unknown​

Last edited:

Red00012

Poor 1st half , better 2nd half.

Great turn of pace, seems comfortable on his right as well.

Alemar

About time. He deserves a thread more than Young does, if based on performances.

snowkarl

About time. He deserves a thread more than Young does, if based on performances.
He wasn't better than Young usually is.

Rose tinted glasses because he's a youth player.

He was OK but not ready for the league or anywhere close. Still an okayish performance but mostly he didn't do much wrong, rather than too much right. But looked positive and stable.

Alemar

He wasn't better than Young usually is.
He was about the same, but it was his first start and there are all the chances for him to become better. With Young, the only possible trajectory is further down...

so why do we still play Young if Williams performs the same, commands perhaps 5-7 times lower salary and actually has a lot of potential?

snowkarl

He was about the same, but it was his first start and there are all the chances for him to become better. With Young, the only possible trajectory is further down...

so why do we still play Young if Williams performs the same, commands perhaps 5-7 times lower salary and actually has a lot of potential?
What do you think would happen if you played this totally inexperienced kid against a PL team? He would get targeted and absolutely destroyed after which his confidence and reputation would be permanently destroyed.

Did you see Gomes and Greenwood today? Beyond poor. Playing kids will not make us better, it will make us even worse.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

I'm a huge fan of Williams but throwing him at the deep end against PL opposition would be suicide. Plus, if he has one bad game he'll be forever tainted to some on the Caf.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If I'm honest, the most impressed I've been at in the LB position so far this season has been Tuanzebe and even then he gave away a shocker.
Did he even venture over the half way like once?

el3mel

Decent. Not great but not terrible in comparison to some of his teammates.

UnitedChampionsAgain

Looks like he's trying which is a rare thing at United these days. Always seems to run the ball out of play though when he's about to cross but plenty of time to improve.

Adam-Utd

Did you watch the game? A lot of it didn't come off to be fair but he was constantly trying to go forward.
I wasn’t talking about Williams. Tuanzebe against arsenal.

If that’s what you meant then yes I did watch. While he defended well he wasn’t comfortable going forward with it at all apart from a few simple passes into feet. Let’s stop shoehorning players into positions just because they can run.

dronesoul

Impressed me with his lack of fear and his will to break through lines. I can see why he captained the U23's at 19 years of age.

RedIan

I was very impressed with this kid last night. Great pace, and looks skilful. I’d have given him motm but for David D keeping us in teh game with a Few good saves

SteveW

I wasn’t talking about Williams. Tuanzebe against arsenal.

If that’s what you meant then yes I did watch. While he defended well he wasn’t comfortable going forward with it at all apart from a few simple passes into feet. Let’s stop shoehorning players into positions just because they can run.
Shoehorning players into their normal positions? Interesting

Adam-Utd

Shoehorning players into their normal positions? Interesting
Tuanzebe isn’t a LB, has never played there before. He didn’t look comfortable passing but did defend well.

Thiagoal

I actually think Brandon has all the skills needed to play in midfield! Great tackler, really comfortable on the ball and is great driving forward

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I actually think Brandon has all the skills needed to play in midfield! Great tackler, really comfortable on the ball and is great driving forward
STOP MOVING PLAYERS OUT OF POSITIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!:mad:

;)

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Based on that video, looks like we have yet another left winger !

In Rainbows

He's developed well in the past year. Sad that Laird has been injured as he was the favorite in terms of talent.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
He's maybe showing the erraticism of youth in that run and I'm sure he won't be given the time and space to pull it off in the PL but it's great to see a young player looking so confident on the ball.

Hope we can nurture Williams instead of limiting him like we seem to do so often with players these days.

Alabaster Codify7

Fairplay to him, I like what I've seen so far. We need to start shifting people permanently though - Demi Mitchell and CBJ clearly have no future here, just get rid of them, please.

I still think we need to replace Shaw as LB to be honest - Williams won't be ready for a couple of years, if at all, so I think we need a new LB.

mu4c_20le

He reminds me of Evra. If we develop him correctly and he steers clear of serious injuries, we could have a gem on our hands.

jackal&hyde

Has the chance to replace Young and be a regular part of the team by the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.