Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

jb8521

its literally 18 months after signing a pro contract with us and follows one or two 1st team appearances. seems very hasty. perfectly logical thought process but apparently that's illegal.....
17 year olds can only sign a maximum 2 year contract. The only difference between this & every other young player signing a contract throughout the years is that it's more public because he's been playing in the first team & it's a 4 year contract rather than the usual 2/3 year contract because the club rates him. There's nothing hasty about it at all since it's basically a no risk but potentially high reward situation.

TrustInOle

Quality performance from the lad, growing more and more with every game, with tonight being his highlight I feel. Shaw should be worried.

AneRu

Very good tonight. Should be given chance at LB for the league
We all know he won't because Ole has his clique but getting game time in the EL will suffice. More good performances will see him force his way into the side.

The Red Thinker

He seems to have it all. Pace, technique and decision making. Let’s hope he keeps it together and grows into becoming a solid LB.
Having seen countless young talents come and go, I would just be chuffed if the lad could make himself a solid backup LB.

Fosu-Mens

Plays with the heart. Seems to have "adapted" to the senior level quickly in that he seems relaxed and sure about what to do. Might benefit from playing with a lower intensity in some situation. Better at passing than most of the other players out there.

ash_86

First time Ive watched him and he's excellent. He should be ahead of Shaw

Based Adnan

Better than anything Ashley Young has shown in years. Should be above him in the pecking order.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Is it even that controversial to say he's got more potential than Shaw?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Is it even that controversial to say he's got more potential than Shaw?
Shaw was playing at a higher level at 16 years of age - but that means nothing now.

williams makes those runs forward with speed and desire that you’d expect from shaw. We know how important fullbacks are and having that energy overlapping is vital.

This kid is going to be all over shaw if he doesn’t get his act together! Might just save us having to invest in another this summer.

I thought he was excellent today, our best player tonight.

Devil81

I like the look of the lad and the greatest compliment I can give him is he's looking first team material with little adaption.

Shaw should be worried as we've got a fantastic young talent breaking through.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Amazing from him tonight when you consider the atmosphere, and the lack of bollocks from the men around him.

But CBJ once had me convinced he would be our left back for years to come, so I'm going to hold back.

kundalini

Good performance. Did well to win the penalty. Competed hard. A bit fortunate to get away with hand-ball given the way decisions have been going recently.

R'hllor

Watch him sitting on the bench, so we can watch hoofs from YOungy

DoomSlayer

I guess he is the natural successor to Young as a right-footed LB. :lol: Hopefully Williams gets more chances.

tomaldinho1

Already fitter than Shaw, looks promising. Now let's try not to hype him up so much we then destroy him

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
A really good performance from him, showed a lot of composure.
Ole seemed really pleased with him just then speaking to MUTV.
It would be nice to have him as our first name left back, but I don't want to get carried away.

Bwuk

Very impressed with him.

Plays with the right attitude as well. Shaw could learn from Williams attitude alone.

dbs235

Would love it if he played ahead of Young from now on. Even if he's not ready, it's not like Young has set the bar high.

Idxomer

He was very good defensively which was a surprise for me as I saw some listing that as one of his weaknesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.