Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Sheffield United as very physical side, he struggled in this game but showed how important it is to have a good attacking FB. Should start over Young and Shaw for now.

roonster09

Scout
Apart from the goal what “attacking threat” did he show?
Goal itself which was the biggest contribution and a moment that changed the game. Won penalty in Europa league. He is still adapting to the higher standards. He is much more threat than this going by his U23 games.

Nick7

Awful today bar the goal. Just like Dalot, Young is actually better than him at this age. He has promise though so hopefully he’ll get better.

Disclaimer: yeah Young is shit I know but that doesn’t mean Williams is any better.

bushyzor

Although he struggled today, I still have high hopes for this lad. He’s young and has a lot of promise, particularly in his attacking runs. He also is quick to recover. I would definitely persevere with him over Young.

Ace of Spades

Good goal, but was bullied a bit. Did not help that Jones was playing on his side as well.

Andersons Dietician

Goal itself which was the biggest contribution and a moment that changed the game. Won penalty in Europa league. He is still adapting to the higher standards. He is much more threat than this going by his U23 games.
So he in reality hasn’t really shown more of an attacking threat than Young or Shaw so people saying he should play over them is just due to some romanticism or dislike of the other options.

He wasn’t good today at all and in reality he has played 1 pretty good game since he’s come in to the team and even in that game he wasn’t that much of an attacking influence that he shamed Shaw or Young. Generally so far from what I’ve seen he looks promising but Shaw and possibly Young still offer us more in terms of our overall performance.

3KDré

I would agree Young is currently better. However if we are building a team we just need to play him through these types of games, through any growing pains. Young has a season left in him, max. He should not even be here. Play Williams, let him grow into the team. Shaw is unreliable, this is his best chance, just let the kid play if we think he can be a good player for us in the future. If not we have to get someone in ASAP.

Bwuk

So he in reality hasn’t really shown more of an attacking threat than Young or Shaw so people saying he should play over them is just due to some romanticism or dislike of the other options.

He wasn’t good today at all and in reality he has played 1 pretty good game since he’s come in to the team and even in that game he wasn’t that much of an attacking influence that he shamed Shaw or Young. Generally so far from what I’ve seen he looks promising but Shaw and possibly You g offer us more.
Shaw offers f*ck all considering he’s never fit.

Young is finished. Give Williams a run.

I like him a lot. Instead of celebrating the occasion of his first ever goal he was straight back up the field trying to get everyone fired up. We need that focus.

roonster09

Scout

He wasn’t good today at all and in reality he has played 1 pretty good game since he’s come in to the team and even in that game he wasn’t that much of an attacking influence that he shamed Shaw or Young. Generally so far from what I’ve seen he looks promising but Shaw and possibly Young still offer us more in terms of our overall performance.
If you are reading someone else's posts and assumed it was mine, then this reply makes sense.

I said "Sheffield United as very physical side, he struggled in this game but showed how important it is to have a good attacking FB " where I said he strugged in this game and importance of attacking FB as he was a goal threat. He scored a goal today, denied in Brighton game with good goal keeping, he won penalty to win a game and all this in handful of games. You need FBs who can influence games with moments. I didn't say he was consistent attacking threat.

I'm a fan of Shaw but he isn't reliable player, the player who can't stay fit shouldn't be relied upon at all and he didn't show much attacking threat or goal scoring threat. There are more reasons why people think Williams should play ahead of Young and Shaw. Young is shit, gives away possession all the time trying to play long ball, lacks composure when he is under pressure. Shaw doesn't offer much in final third and also he can't stay fit.

Williams has showed promising signs and games like this are very much needed for his development.

zenith

I really like this guy, lots of fire on the belly and has the talent to go with it. Was not that great today but showed a that he is not easily bogged down. He's got the core of very competent LB.

One for the future, but for now shaw would start when he's fit.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
This is what bugs me about stats. Anyone that watched the game would have seen for the first half he was shitting bricks. Absolute deer in headlights. In fact he was so much of a liability that Jones took it upon himself to cover his channel on all occasions.
He couldn’t trap the ball, he couldn’t position himself, he was being tossed around and there were moments where his body just froze with the ball at his feet. It was a glaringly scary day for him until he scored.
I’m very glad he had this day though. He’s never going to be this scared on a football pitch ever again.

Zoo

Massive learning experience, had a really difficult game but kept going and scored a cracking debut goal.

Walters_19_MuFc

Struggled defensively today. Was pegged back for most of the match, which obviously took a lot from his natural game. I guess this was a learning curve for him today, but he took his goal extremely well.

Red00012

Great goal , but he was generally poor.

I’d still rather him there and gain experience than having Young there.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He just needs experience, young players have games like that, it happens. As long as he learns from it there's no harm done.

Based Adnan

He was let down by the senior players around him. Well taken goal. Has now equaled Shaw's goalscoring record in 100 less games.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He didn't have his best game today, first time he's struggled a bit - but wow what a goal. Really pleased for him, a beautiful strike and it'll feel all the better knowing he turned the game.

I hope Ole sticks with him and shows faith.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Massive learning experience, had a really difficult game but kept going and scored a cracking debut goal.
That's what he needs. Yes, he had a very difficult afternoon but it's a learning curve.

Flying high

He struggled today, but he needed more support on that side at times. Young would have been run ragged. Williams is firmly ahead of him now, imo.

What a strike for the goal though. Blimey. Does he score many goals?

Red_Aaron

Great experience for him today, had a rough afternoon overall but he never shirked the challenge and scored a peach too

This will stand him in good stead one day

Devil may care

Tough game for him today defensively but he'll learn from it, he has a great attitude and what a cracker his goal was to inject some life into the team.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
This is what bugs me about stats. Anyone that watched the game would have seen for the first half he was shitting bricks. Absolute deer in headlights. In fact he was so much of a liability that Jones took it upon himself to cover his channel on all occasions.
He couldn’t trap the ball, he couldn’t position himself, he was being tossed around and there were moments where his body just froze with the ball at his feet. It was a glaringly scary day for him until he scored.
I’m very glad he had this day though. He’s never going to be this scared on a football pitch ever again.
He will learn from this. First start away from OT.

Alemar

He was rather poor, but he made up for it (to an extent at least) via a goal scored. Many others didn’t make up for their poor performance.

Also, in terms of experience this was a very good game to have.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He wasn't good enough today. Did nothing in attack before the goal, looks nervous to keep possession, & defensively struggled & had to conceded free kick. However, after that one goal he scored he looks less panic on the ball & much better in keeping possession & able keep the game alive. 4/10 or 4.5/10 performance in my opinion. Before the goal that boost his confidence he had 2 or 3 max.

However looks, I didn't expect Ole to take a risk to start him in away PL game since it's always tough for player who just joined the first team recently from the youth team but Ole did and I hope he keeps his starting XI spot against Aston Villa. Home game should be less nervous for him especially after today's experience.

Hughes35

He was poor today but he seems mentally tough to keep going and score that great goal that changed the game.

I really like him and feel he has potential.

zenith

He should start against villa. He'll have much more an opportunity to express himself and get on the front foot and the goal must have given him immense confidence

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He has a big future at the club, imo. He is ready to play and improve, and I look forward to watch him play every week, not like with Shaw. Great mentality to bounce back from a poor performance.

In regards to his struggles, it was clear how our play from our the back and non existent midfield made it easy for Sheffield to press our fullbacks. Both him and Wan-Bissaka were nervous due to the pressure but that's because they had little time and very few passing options in the build up, they were basically left alone in a shit situation to do something by themselves due to our slow tempo from our central ball-players.

Him being right-footed on the left made it easy for him to score that goal. I'm far from opposed to it and his overlapping is really good too. Great finish too.

Robertd0803

I like him a lot. Instead of celebrating the occasion of his first ever goal he was straight back up the field trying to get everyone fired up. We need that focus.
Yeah thought that was a nice touch from him and Greenwood as well.

PaulRich

Big learning curve for him last night. Not the best overall performance and got caught a few times but still had the cojones to get himself up there and put his foot through the ball. That was Young or Lard Arse that would have been a trap and a cut back to the D all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.