Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Yes he had an off game, but people are forgetting he started away to Chelsea and kept them quiet?

He's a young inexperienced lad but he's got bags of talent. So pleased with his goal, not many would have the confidence to hit that first time on the half volley.

Ekeke

Great finish, but struggled defensively at times and this was the first match where it felt like him wanting to use his right foot the majority of the time from left back looked like a limiting factor.

thomas porter

He seemed to be uncomfortable with his positioning at wing back and it impacted his overall play as he made uncharacteristic errors. The 1st half would have been difficult for any fullback as it seemed like Sheffield had 1-2 more players on the field than we did.

Great goal and hope to keep seeing him out there until we get Shaw back.

Nick7

Bizarre. He hasn’t really been that good for the first team and I don’t like the idea of a right footed left back or vice versa.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Absurd decision if they think he’s the answer to LB. He’s a solid choice but equally if not more limited in attack than Shaw

FujiVice

He's impressed enough to get a chance to claim the left back position. So young and inexperienced, yet shows the type of character we want. Hope he makes it.

dev1l

Absurd decision if they think he’s the answer to LB. He’s a solid choice but equally if not more limited in attack than Shaw
In the few games he played he already scored as much as Shaw did since joining us and he got that decisive pen vs Belgrade away.
Not bad for someone "limited in attack"

Adam-Utd

:lol: love redcafe.
Williams just scored a brilliant goal on the weekend and now he’s limited as shaw?

it’s clear you’ve never really watched him properly. the guys had less than 10 men’s appearances and expect him to play like Cafu

MittenCrab

Shaw needs permanently kicking up the backside to get a performance out of him...and Brandon's just the lad to do it.

pascell

thankfully we didn't give Shaw a stupid contract recently :mad:. Seriously, its like clockwork how this club is run now
I can't see why you've got so much anger over this? This is be Youngs last season at United, so having Shaw and William's battle it out to be first choice left back, is actually very good for us as both have to be at their best to play.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
:lol: love redcafe.
Williams just scored a brilliant goal on the weekend and now he’s limited as shaw?

it’s clear you’ve never really watched him properly. the guys had less than 10 men’s appearances and expect him to play like Cafu
To be fair, he’s not fully shown what he’s capable of going forward which is why the folk who don’t watch the academy might think he’s limited. People just need to have a bit of patience while he finds his feet.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
No way this is true. I doubt that Ole( or any coach) work like that. What message you send? Be injured and you are fecked? And it is not that Williams played in some superb form these couple of games. I say it is BS

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
He assisted Rashford's goal too, right? So a goal and an assist away at Sheffield United - not too shabby for a fullback.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
What the feck

arthurka

Shaw shouldn't be anywhere near the starting line up, Ashley Young offers more than him and is always available.

Adam-Utd

To be fair, he’s not fully shown what he’s capable of going forward which is why the folk who don’t watch the academy might think he’s limited. People just need to have a bit of patience while he finds his feet.
That’s fair - but I’d take what we’ve seen of him in the reserves to be the “real” Williams. He’s clearly playing a bit more sensibly and within himself, that’s normal for a youngster especially in defence.

once he’s settled in he’ll become more and more attacking.

kidbob

Denis Irwin.....
Exactly. It can work if you have the ability and anyone who've watched the reserves know that Williams has the ability. Funnily enough it's his defending that I'd consider a problem over his attacking while watching him for the youths. He may never become Irwin (who by the way os the best full back in PL history and one of the modern greats) but the guy deserves the chance to prove he's better than Shaw (who has been a sicknote). Might be a controversial opinion but Laird is even better than Williams and I expect him to overtake AWB in the next 3 years if we care about 'modern' fullbacks and his development goes well.

Dante

Average bang
Of course Shaw is going to be behind Williams. Shaw is injured and so can't be considered a starter. It's up to him to get fit and win his place back.

Twitter can often be pointless, and that tweet is right up there.

el3mel

It'll be ridiculous if we scrap signing LB for Williams. Yes, the lad has been decent but not extraordinary, and bar his goal last match it was an awful performance. I hope we're not that stupid.

Get rid of Shaw and sign a LB while keeping Williams as a backup.

Last edited:

kidbob

It'll be ridiculous if we scrap signing LB for Williams. Yes, the lad has been decent but not extraordinar, and bar his goal last match it was an awful performance. I hope we're not that stupid.

Get rid of Shaw and sign a LB while keeping Williams as a backup.
I'm guessing that Wiliams has made LB less of a priority position in January is all. As in we'd all love a new LB but we need 2 CM over it right now, which is what January should be used for. It's not that we don't still want a new LB it's just that it's less of a priority. I'm ok with that to be honest as long as Shaw can stay fit.

kundalini

Nightmare performance. Asleep playing Mings on-side for their 2nd goal. Poor attempt at a challenge in the move that led to their first goal. Booked again.

el3mel

Very very poor again. Last match was also very poor but covered by the goal.

Shaw will take his position again with all his faults.

Based Adnan

A reminder that Ed briefed to the media that we're no longer in for a LB because of the emergence of Williams. The guy is a fecking clown who hasn't got a clue. Williams is a good player but should be eased in as 2nd choice behind Shaw for now.

flappyjay

He likes diving inn and leaving his side of the pitch open when he doesn't get the ball.

Nick7

I don’t think he’s at all good enough to be a first team player yet. Has been bad in every game he’s played in the league that I can remember.

el3mel

A reminder that Ed briefed to the media that we're no longer in for a LB because of the emergence of Williams. The guy is a fecking clown who hasn't got a clue. Williams is a good player but should be eased in as 2nd choice behind Shaw for now.
That's Manchester United for you. Few good performances are pretty much enough to take long term decisions.

mu4c_20le

He is only ahead of Shaw who isn't fully fit yet. Thought he did well for a kid who's only playing his 5th league game of his career. Not alot of fullbacks crash into the opposition penalty area like he does, and Ole (and Jose) likes fullbacks like that because it lets Rashford cut in and become a second or third striker.

Cost us 2 points with a very basic error but hes only a kid. He wont do that again.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I don't really think there's much of a player there. Maybe will be a premier league footballer long term, but nothing at all that sticks out as anything more than just any other guy there. Shaw gets a lot of stick (rightly so) but Williams isn't a patch on him if we're being honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.