Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Shame this has been such a weird year because of Covid, because he'd have really benefitted from the experience of a loan.

Dan_F

Yeah desperately needs a loan, even if that means bringing Dalot back.

Is right that his new contract was £60k a week, or was that just tabloid shite?

mu4c_20le

I really want Brandon to be good. However, I can't remember him having a single good game since he went off injured against Southampton last season. The ghost of Ethan Laird haunts this kid. Hard to see him having a future at Old Trafford.
Calm down, he's getting less minutes than Angel Gomes did.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Needs a loan next season (hopefully we get a backup RB to allow this)

SAFMUTD

Amazing we gave him that contract, has regressed immensely

Lassitude42

Just too lightweight. Lacks the pace and strength to ever be a top tier full back. Doesn't have the necessary athleticism and gets bullied by opposition forwards.

Idxomer

He doesn't even stand out at the u-23 level, so no surprise here.

Manny

Grammar Police
He looks and plays like a kid out there which disrupts the rest of the backline.

I dread it every time he is put on pitch.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Go back to U23. Whoever gave him a raise should be fired and kicked out of the club
He hasn't even been particularly good for the U23s in his brief cameos this season.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
He played alright. Miles better than Telles.

lost7

He was looking like a world beater when he first burst to the scene. No idea what happened to him. Maybe left back is his favoured position?

Red Royal

He hasn't even been particularly good for the U23s in his brief cameos this season.
Really, that is worrying. I wo der what his character us like. I hope he isnt someone who thinks he made it and stopped putting in the hard work.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Amazing we gave him that contract, has regressed immensely
I don’t think he regressed, I think he had a purple party for a couple of games & people got a false sense of his level. He never stood out in the reserves & Laird was viewed comfortably better than him. This is just his level.

OverratedOpinion

I don't rate him at all but he didn't do anything wrong. Probably helped that they quickly realised how determined Telles was to throw away a 5 goal lead and attacked down his side exclusively.

Jezpeza

As disappointing as they were, technically they were far better footballers than Williams. He’s pretty bad, he should probably drop a division or 2.
perhaps, but personally think he is no worse. I’ve always been against not playing players though. He hasnt even been around the team in cup squads. I just dont see how players like him and VDB and Diallo are ever going to get into form. He hasnt played first team football for months and is meant to hit the ground running after coming off the bench for 45 minutes?

SAFMUTD

I don’t think he regressed, I think he had a purple party for a couple of games & people got a false sense of his level. He never stood out in the reserves & Laird was viewed comfortably better than him. This is just his level.
Which makes even more impressive the fact that we gave him that kind of contract, he's a U23 player not even close to challenge for a starting place and yet we gave him a contract that makes him earn more than most LBs in the league.

Abraxas

We could really do with getting Williams out on loan and seeing what he is made of, he is very unlikely to displace the current incumbents. Which means he can only be stagnating at present after a promising introduction. Then he comes in now and again and his performance is ripped apart which is a pretty unproductive situation for a young player that hasn't even found a position yet.

Wasn't there some suggestion Southampton were interested? We need to get him out at a good level where there is a good prospect he'll play and see what he can do.

Irrational.

I’m sure he will carve out a decent career at a PL club, but can’t see it being with us. He’s a Danny Simpson/ Phil Bardsley level talent.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Hasn't kicked on from his debut season, but he's not as bad as some are making out. Maybe So'ton/Hassenhuttl will be in for him again in the summer? If so, we could fetch between £20-25m for him, which would be handy.

thepolice123

Hasn't kicked on from his debut season, but he's not as bad as some are making out. Maybe So'ton/Hassenhuttl will be in for him again in the summer? If so, we could fetch between £20-25m for him, which would be handy.
Nobody is dumb enough to pay 20-25m for him. :lol:

Fingers crossed though.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
This season should’ve been the loan where he did alright for a side like Saints and then the this summer we could’ve been looking at £10-20m for him. Instead, he just sat collecting dust, with around 600-700 minutes of football under his belt.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Nobody is dumb enough to pay 20-25m for him. :lol:

Fingers crossed though.
I've seen players like Rhian Brewster fetch £24m.

Young English full back with a good debut season behind him could easily get a similar amount.

Gandalf

This has turned into a wasted season although I do understand the reluctance to let him go on loan with little other cover available for AWB. If we sell him now we are likely to get the bottom of his market. Next season should be spent at Newcastle, Southampton or one of the other clubs that were sniffing to see what regular football does to him. Ideally he kicks on and we bring him back but that seems unlikely but he should at least build his profile a bit and we can look for a better fee in a permanent move.

United in sin

His confidence looks drained.
It's the Solskjaer effect on bench and backup players. Take a look at our bench and tell me who is brimming with confidence this season. As for Williams I simply don't think he's good enough for united but I'd send him out on loan before moving him on

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
This lad's performances, since he went off injured at home to Southampton last season, are the most graphic illustration of how much confidence matters in football. Barring one cross late on, he offered less going forward today than Aaron Wan Bissaka. Defensively he was all over the shop. Sad to see. I'll admit I was one of those who got swept up in the hype. You'll find posts of mine saying Brandon would would be the end of Shaw. Sorry to be proved wrong. He's young, maybe he can turn it around? However, at the moment he just looks like he's gone inside of himself. Never expected it cos he was always a feisty kid coming up. I hope he rediscovers his fearlessness, starting to doubt it'll be at Man Utd though.

dove

Definitely following the footsteps of Cameron Borthwick-Jackson. Short spell in Championship and then League 1 after that.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He’s not good enough, plus he’s rusty, plus he’s low on confidence. Those 3 together make for shocking performances.

Red_toad

Was poor today, looks like he needs a confidence boost from somewhere. Struggled to control the ball a fair amount of the time.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I always feel it's harsh to judge players when they barely ever play. But the minimum is come and don't be absolutely shite. And he didn't manage that tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.