Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Zoido

I’ll admit I was one of those who kneejerked in to saying he was better than Shaw. I was very wrong.

Abraxas

I'm not convinced it was that disastrous, he's a young player that hardly plays, I think some allowances can be made. It wasn't brilliant and lost the ball too much but I didn't see anything to cause such an extreme reaction either. It was probably on the wrong side of average but in the situation I'm not sure he should be getting destroyed.

Acole9

Outstanding
Definitely following the footsteps of Cameron Borthwick-Jackson. Short spell in Championship and then League 1 after that.
I think you might be right. He would do very well at one of those levels and would be a fan favourite wherever he ends up. He's just not going to cut it at this level.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I thought he played fine. He’s just not good enough for our standard.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I thought he was okay in the second half by his standards.

I don't think he's good enough but harsh to take anything from this game - other then he shouldn't be giving away foul throws.

kundalini

Worst player on the pitch in the first half. His poor passes caused us trouble several times. A lot better in the 2nd half. Decent cross for Rashford's header that went well wide.

CM

Need to find him a new club, he's not even capable of a respectable performance in a complete dead rubber.

jesperjaap

He was piss poor, no doubting that. I still like him personally as a squad player at least. Needs to get some confidence and drive back to his game, he looks fearful and sloppy the last few months whenever he has featured. Its only been what two years, a promising first one, not many games the second but poor. He is still young. I didnt buy into him being the first choice full back anyway, but still think he can be a useful option in the squad, but certainly needs to progress

Abraxas

He seems to have lost the confidence in his runs forward. It was not always the most natural looking but he made a concerted effort to get up and down the pitch at left back. He looks very restricted in his play at the moment. I think what got people's attention was not his technical ability or defending, it was his enthusiasm and determination and energy and if he could develop some of the other aspects to some extent he could be a good player.

It's a bit sad that all we are currently seeing is how that translates into niggly fouls in dangerous situations while his overall play has lost tidiness too. I think it may be that he thought he had a good chance to break through but now he is well down the pecking order so he's taken a knock. I think it's time to loan him and see what he's made of. At some point these young players have to sink or swim and that would be the real acid test.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He was never good at RB.

His best performances for us has always come at LB.

Bobski

He will work his way back up and be a solid PL footballer at 24-25 but just not at Utd level.

Marwood

Actually looks totally unnatural on his natural side. His body shape, the way he receives a ball, turns on the ball etc. I worry for him, think he could have an uncertain future if he doesn't have a good next 12-18 months
Yeah thought the same.

It's like he's so used to cutting inside from his time on the left that even on the right he still does it.

Ends up looking quite odd. Can't seem to receive the ball on his right and move or pass forwards.

Ultimately though this is what a full season of barely playing does to a young player. Will surely go out on loan.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Feel for him. Was given the ball without an outball so often tonight.

SAFMUTD

Im glad we offered him that brand new contract with those 40K per week wages. That should give him time to save for his future once he ends up playing in the championship.

Sweet Square

Lacking match fitness but I've never really got the impression he was that good anyway.

Still he's a young player with plenty of time.

mu4c_20le

First league start of the season and not a comment about match rhythm on this page compared to Donny. Interesting.

Andersons Dietician

I’m like 100% positive I could have played better than he did last night. He almost gifted them 5 opportunities in the first half alone with his poor passing. Some of it was just being bad at football because even if you haven’t played a full game in a while you shouldn’t be making these basic errors.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Definitely one of his better performances this season. Still not great though. Too soon to write him off IMO.

Would like to see him go on loan and play every week. I still think there's a pretty good player in there, but probably not quite good enough for us.

Eternitiy

I thought he did okay today. Better than his other displays this season. Perhaps it was because there was no pressure riding on this game.

lost7

I feel like he was showing more on the left last season. This year he didn't get many chances, but when he did, he really hasn't shown much...

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Looked good when he first came in, blood and thunder type but it is clear now he really isn't a premier League footballer. He wouldn't look out of place three leagues down tbh. Good on him for playing for MUFC but we should absolutely BITE Southampton's hand off for any fee they offer us.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Not quite as shocking as he last time he had a run out, but that's a very, very low bar to clear. Every time he gets the ball it's a 50/50 chance he's giving it away.

We desperately need someone to come in as a backup RB as we'd be fecked with Williams there in an important run of games if Wan-Bissaka goes down. Don't mind whether it's just Laird coming back if he's ready for it or a cheap option with a bit of experience without much left on their contract.

jesperjaap

Happy for him and Laird to be squad players as back up to Bissaka next season personally.

Obviously not been great for a while now when he has played and needs to improve. WIth our needs this summer, I think another year as back up is fine against signing the likes of Trippier to sit on the bench

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Did well today, seems postes just have it in for him for some strange reason.

-Supreme-

He needs to go out on loan next season, no point staying another season on the bench as the manager clearly doesn't trust him considering AWB has hardly been rested this season.

kundalini

Shot straight at the keeper on his big chance from Matic's pass. Didn't look that comfortable defending but seemed to do ok. Pass completion looks fine. Wasn't that bad overall.

Andersons Dietician

Thought he was decent. Vastly improved from his other performances this season. Still can improve massively of course but good on him.

Red00012

He’s declined but what do you expect he’s barely played 5 games all season.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Did well today, seems postes just have it in for him for some strange reason.
Agreed. It's just weird, 5 minutes after the game has ended to come in with that attitude. Especially considering he was fine today.

Status
Not open for further replies.