Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Wan Bissaka is a far better player than Williams.
Hope people wake up to this fact. Those putting forward the idea that we should rotate AWB with Williams will now realise that he he’s nowhere near good enough

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
He is a better LB than RB.
He’s neither mate, let’s be honest. He had a couple of decent performances and as usual we went and rewarded him with a massive pay increase. Bloody insult considering there are loads of better FBs out there

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Hope people wake up to this fact. Those putting forward the idea that we should rotate AWB with Williams will now realise that he he’s nowhere near good enough
Hopefully Laird can have a good loan spell at MK Dons. He is the far better of the two and I’d like to see him challenge next season. For all the talk of Southampton and Newcastle - Williams is not as good as Bertand/Walker-Peters or Yedlin/Lewis. He’d be going from one bench to another.

For me, clearly not a United player, and should be sold when he has some value - but due to our ‘traditions’ - he will likely only leave when we have to sell him for £1.5m rather than £10m+. People always wonder why the likes of Liverpool and Chelsea get big money for their young players - but the difference is the likes of Harry Wilson, Rhian Brewster and co would still be at United - with most of the caf saying ‘not everyone is Messi - they can still be squad players’.

He’s the worst of a small group of young players we have that could be cashed in on for good fees and are not really needed here, and the jury is still out as to whether they are of the right standard.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He’s neither mate, let’s be honest. He had a couple of decent performances and as usual we went and rewarded him with a massive pay increase. Bloody insult considering there are loads of better FBs out there
Personally I'm okay without him here but I'd let Ole decide that because I think Ole is actually quite ruthless when it comes to squad positions and the level of talent that is required. Maybe he has got some transfers wrong but you can see why he tried with brandon William's at the start and then eased it off as the times went past.

Whether its here or anywhere else, loan or permanent transfer I think he is a better Lb than RB - that all I think.

lRed

After seing that game yesterday, I think he is a better left back, for now.
Didn't show too much against Watford in my opinion, he can do better, we all know that.
Maybe a loan is the better thing for him, but we maybe lack depth with Laird and Dalot on loan.

SAFMUTD

Needs a loan badly, at this moment we can't do it since we already let Dalot and TFM go and we have no cover for the RB spot. But he seems to have regressed some how.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Needs a loan badly, at this moment we can't do it since we already let Dalot and TFM go and we have no cover for the RB spot. But he seems to have regressed some how.
IF Ethan Laird can stay fit things may start looking pretty dicey for Brandon.

Sometimes with a young player a small thing can knock them off course. I remember Tom Cleverley started 2011-12 playing with confidence and looking quality. However, after that injury at Bolton he was never the same.

With Brandon, to me, the turning point came when he got that head injury against Southampton during last season's run-in. He's never looked as fearless or as confident since. To think, this time last year some people were speculating that he'd take Shaw's place. Since then Shaw's turned it all around, we've brought in Telles and, despite Wan-Bissaka's troubles in attack, Williams hasn't been able to force himself into the equation at either left or right back. Says a lot about where he is sadly. Shame, cos I love it when an academy product comes in and excels.

SAFMUTD

IF Ethan Laird can stay fit things may start looking pretty dicey for Brandon.

Sometimes with a young player a small thing can knock them off course. I remember Tom Cleverley started 2011-12 playing with confidence and looking quality. However, after that injury at Bolton he was never the same.

With Brandon, to me, the turning point came when he got that head injury against Southampton during last season's run-in. He's never looked as fearless or as confident since. To think, this time last year some people were speculating that he'd take Shaw's place. Since then Shaw's turned it all around, we've brought in Telles and, despite Wan-Bissaka's troubles in attack, Williams hasn't been able to force himself into the equation at either left or right back. Says a lot about where he is sadly. Shame, cos I love it when an academy product comes in and excels.
Yes, I think we didnt help with giving him the new contract either. While not being a lot of money is definitely enough to make a youngster think "I've already made it". I don't know if its an attitude problem or as you say the fact that Shaw has played so good while having Telles as a back up has completely drain him out of minutes. Anyway as you say I think if Laird loan is a success I think we'll be looking to offload him by summer 2022 if things continue the same way.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Was surprised when he came on but yeah, didn’t do anything wrong.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Glad to see Brandon look like he had some fire in his belly tonight. Has looked a little timid in his last few appearances. Want him to go back to being as fearless as he was when he forced his way into the first team squad last season.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Happy for him! Played well. He really needs a loan though. Reserve football serves no purpose for him. Hopefully in the premier league next season as a starter.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Happy for him! Played well. He really needs a loan though. Reserve football serves no purpose for him. Hopefully in the premier league next season as a starter.
He certainly needs one but the question is qho we have as a back up. Telles at LB okay, but at RB, we're pretty short.. If we sent him out instead of Dalot it'd be pretty risky since Dalot is shite defender wwith very inconsistent attacking out put and we need him to put him in the market to sell him. Maybe next season we can keep Laird as a back up if he can stay fit, send Brandon on loan or even Laird again if he gets some joy to sacrifice Brandon's development.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He certainly needs one but the question is qho we have as a back up. Telles at LB okay, but at RB, we're pretty short.. If we sent him out instead of Dalot it'd be pretty risky since Dalot is shite defender wwith very inconsistent attacking out put and we need him to put him in the market to sell him. Maybe next season we can keep Laird as a back up if he can stay fit, send Brandon on loan or even Laird again if he gets some joy to sacrifice Brandon's development.
Most likely we buy Trippier this summer for cheap as cover for a few years while Williams is on loan.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Felt it was a strange substitution (unless AWB was struggling) but he was decent when he came on. Made one good tackle and one good pass that were noteworthy.
It's the fullbacks that probably tire the most and that impacts our play. They do the long distance running and it was a good move to sub Telles and Wan-Bissaka off.

Spaghetti

Mom's
Felt it was a strange substitution (unless AWB was struggling) but he was decent when he came on. Made one good tackle and one good pass that were noteworthy.
It was a good idea to change the full backs. That position requires a lot of energy these days.

I’m not a huge Williams fan, but he did well yesterday

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
To be honest I think he looks unnatural on the right which is strange with him being right footed but you can tell he's used to playing on the left in certain situations when he receives the ball and doesn't seem able to open his body to drive forward. Needs to settle on a side and get regular football

Sylar

To be honest I think he looks unnatural on the right which is strange with him being right footed but you can tell he's used to playing on the left in certain situations when he receives the ball and doesn't seem able to open his body to drive forward. Needs to settle on a side and get regular football
I get what you mean but that might be because were used to seeing him there?
I thought right suits him more.

acnumber9

That Solskjaer would prefer to run Wan Bissaka into the ground rather than play him tells you a lot. He’ll not make it.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
Apart from trying to get sent off within about 5 minutes? He contributed less going forward than Wan Bissaka. And people never shut up about that.
He has always known to be a bit of a hothead. Even so he dealt with his winger fine and I didn’t see Telles marauding forward.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Apart from trying to get sent off within about 5 minutes? He contributed less going forward than Wan Bissaka. And people never shut up about that.
A player who plays one in 10 games maximum. Second 45 mins when the game is already dead and noone arsed. I mean it wasn't a good cameo but it is really difficult to expect a player to kick on in a game like this. I think the elbow was a bit unlucky and then he played with a yellow and one mistimed tackle and he's worried till the rest of the game. He will learn. Just thought he could start so we could rest AWB and get him some more rhytm and better chance to impress.

His first run of games in the first team was impressive, let's not forget about that. Since that he hardly got a sniff in and played out of position on the right. EVen though he's right footed he's spend his later years of development on the left so... But Iunderstand that Ole wants to play him on the right now he's got Telles to rotate with Shaw.

acnumber9

A player who plays one in 10 games maximum. Second 45 mins when the game is already dead and noone arsed. I mean it wasn't a good cameo but it is really difficult to expect a player to kick on in a game like this. I think the elbow was a bit unlucky and then he played with a yellow and one mistimed tackle and he's worried till the rest of the game. He will learn. Just thought he could start so we could rest AWB and get him some more rhytm and better chance to impress.

His first run of games in the first team was impressive, let's not forget about that. Since that he hardly got a sniff in and played out of position on the right. EVen though he's right footed he's spend his later years of development on the left so... But Iunderstand that Ole wants to play him on the right now he's got Telles to rotate with Shaw.
Well obviously my opinion isn’t formed just in this game. He hasn’t played well in a long time and seems to have lost the trust of the manager. Would be surprised if he isn’t loaned out in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.