Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gandalf

Definitely should have let him go on loan in January. Newcastle and Southampton both were interested and he would be starting for either side and developing his game, it is simply not fair to try and judge him on the minimal game time he is getting here.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I like his attitude but my personal (and harsh) call is he is playing in League One in the next few years

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Should've been sent off today. Reckless performance.
Why should he have been sent off? He was unlucky with the leading arm catching the player, I've seen that happen so many times in matches without it being a yellow, and the other was a foul, but not a bad foul. Referee's nowadays seem to book players when their opponents throw themselves to the floor, and scream. The louder the scream, the quicker the card ones out, pathetic really.
Williams actually performed quite well after that early rustiness.

Sylar

He's fine for using him to give awb rest in these types of games (really think he should have had the full 90)

Gopher Brown

I like his attitude but my personal (and harsh) call is he is playing in League One in the next few years
He’s on £40k per week until 2024, so it might be a while before he’s in League One

Edit: £65k p/w apparently

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
He’s on £40k per week until 2024, so it might be a while before he’s in League One

Edit: £65k p/w apparently
Christ.

Just did some quick research and whilst these obviously aren't confirmed, these seem to be some ballpark figures for some other LB's in the league:

Tierney - £75k p/w
Reguilon - £70k p/w
Bertrand - £65k - £70k p/w
Castagne - £65k p/w

So outside of Shaw, City and Chelsea LB's, Robertson and Digne - that puts him right in the next bracket of top paid guys.

I don't really understand how United end up getting their pants pulled down quite that badly. Nobody else would pay him close to that and surely he and his agent know that. He's a 19 year old kid too at his hometown club about to get a bumper pay deal, surely you can get away with less.

This becomes a problem because what do you do with him. It's not really like he overtook existing LB's at the club and made the position his own at any point. He got a chance mostly because of injuries. Since then he's been relegated to 3rd choice LB and back-up RB - the latter maybe only temporary as well depending on what happens with Dalot and whether United are in the market for another (Trippier for example).

But he's pretty much unsellable at the moment. If Utd cast him off at only 20 years of age, what does that signify to the rest of the league about his potential? And they'd probably have to pay £10m+ and offer him similar wages.

Last edited:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I don't really understand how United end up getting their pants pulled down quite that badly.
That's because of how the wages are reported. Williams wages (reported) is max wages he earns including all possible bonuses.

Now football fans on twitter and other sites just use 65K as a base wage.

In 2017 when Trent Arnold was just making his break through, he signed a contract, Liverpool journalist on telegraph reported "minimum base wage is 40K" so people start using 40K as TAA wages.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
That's because of how the wages are reported. Williams wages (reported) is max wages he earns including all possible bonuses.

Now football fans on twitter and other sites just use 65K as a base wage.

In 2017 when Trent Arnold was just making his break through, he signed a contract, Liverpool journalist on telegraph reported "minimum base wage is 40K" so people start using 40K as TAA wages.
Got ya - that's makes sense. Thanks.

Very confusing how this is not stipulated in most reports. Same as net wages being used in Spain and the like.

Sylar

Got ya - that's makes sense. Thanks.

Very confusing how this is not stipulated in most reports. Same as net wages being used in Spain and the like.
Never forget how Sanchez wages rose by 100k per report and how when we sign players its always the max fee (which includes clauses for balon d'or and cl wins).

lsd

The Oracle
Played well the Real players were clearly doing everything to get him sent off after he got a yellow and he held up well under the pressure

Acole9

Outstanding
I was thinking this earlier. He was very lucky not to be sent off. He would be suited to League One with his style and would be a fan favourite. But at the highest level you can't go around kicking and fouling people and expect to get away with it.

Mickson

I thought he was decent although a bit overlit. He's still so incredibly raw, the exact problem Tahith Chong has. And he hasn't learned much since his debut. However, there's a reason why high-intensity teams like Southampton and Leverkusen want him. I think he would be good at Leeds too. There's something there but IMO Ole isn't the one to develop raw players. They need a system with clear instructions, and I don't feel that United has that right now.

luke511

How is Matt Judge still in charge of contracts, 65k a week ffs.

Foxbatt

How is Matt Judge still in charge of contracts, 65k a week ffs.
You should read what's written earlier. It's the maximum he would earn including bonuses etc. He is a squad player and if we win trophies then let him have his 65k quid per week.

kidbob

I still think he can be a very good squad player. Very rash and raw now but has all the ingredients to develop into a very good squad option. Laird is hopefully the future ahead of him though.

However I love William's endeavour, he's a throwback player in many ways but needs to learn to reign it in. He's also much better on the ball than he is currently showing, hopefully that comes with time.

SAFMUTD

Something wrong happened with him, maybe attitude problems?

I know Shaw’s amazing form and the arrival of Telles blocked his path in the LB, but surely many of us expected him to get minutes in the RB when we have no back up at all. Besides playing Tuanzabe or Bailly there who’s are CBs.

He went from 11 starts and 6 subs with over a 1,000 minutes last year in EPL and a grand total of 1,700 to 2 sub appearances in EPL for a total of 7 minutes and a gran total of around 120 between all competitions.

TheReligion

Abusive
Something wrong happened with him, maybe attitude problems?

I know Shaw’s amazing form and the arrival of Telles blocked his path in the LB, but surely many of us expected him to get minutes in the RB when we have no back up at all. Besides playing Tuanzabe or Bailly there who’s are CBs.

He went from 11 starts and 6 subs with over a 1,000 minutes last year in EPL and a grand total of 1,700 to 2 sub appearances in EPL for a total of 7 minutes and a gran total of around 120 between all competitions.
Possibly some attitude/lifestyle issues from what I've heard. He's only 20 so the club will be wary of his development both on and off the pitch. Also this was from last week.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...-information-to-police-about-speeding-offence

SAFMUTD

TheReligion

Abusive
Seems like a nothing story really, his father getting a speeding ticket in a car registered to his name. No big deal, there should be more to it surely?
As I say, heard there's some attitude/lifestyle concerns on the grapevine which might explain the club taking him away from things. Much like with Greenwood.

kidbob

Crossed my mind randomly today. There's a PL level player in there I feel, whether it be at us or a lower level club. I feel we've mishandled him this year and I hope next season we can get him a loan at a PL club where he can play a lot of minutes and perhaps show some of his attacking game. Maybe Norwich if they lose Aarons. He's definitely struggled this season but the lad showed some great talent initially when he came in and his attitude seems to be great (which is a sometimes underrated facet). Feels like we have let him stagnate for a year when he could have went on loan. I still believe he's a better prospect than Dalot overall. Hopefully we get it right for him next season.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I see this guy in town all the time

Should probably loan him out next season or sell with a buy back clause. Think Leverkusen were interested last summer, probably should’ve took it in hindsight.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Crossed my mind randomly today. There's a PL level player in there I feel, whether it be at us or a lower level club. I feel we've mishandled him this year and I hope next season we can get him a loan at a PL club where he can play a lot of minutes and perhaps show some of his attacking game. Maybe Norwich if they lose Aarons. He's definitely struggled this season but the lad showed some great talent initially when he came in and his attitude seems to be great (which is a sometimes underrated facet). Feels like we have let him stagnate for a year when he could have went on loan. I still believe he's a better prospect than Dalot overall. Hopefully we get it right for him next season.
Just bit of raw at the moment which is why he doesn't play too often. He needs to go on loan, get experiences, study the games by learning from his mistakes. I think Southampton is still interested to sign him on loan. Southampton lacks of depth in full backs, they have no one when Bertrand and KWP injured. It will be a good move.

united for life

Just bit of raw at the moment which is why he doesn't play too often. He needs to go on loan, get experiences, study the games by learning from his mistakes. I think Southampton is still interested to sign him on loan. Southampton lacks of depth in full backs, they have no one when Bertrand and KWP injured. It will be a good move.
i guess it’s better to loan him to a club where he’ll actually play. Loaning him to be someone’s back up wont help his development

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
i guess it’s better to loan him to a club where he’ll actually play. Loaning him to be someone’s back up wont help his development
You think he will be backup though? I think he has a chance to fight for the first team at Southampton as Bertrand is going to turn 32 next year. We can always insert clause if he doesn't play enough, we recall him in January like Garner. Hasenhüttl seems to be a manager who knows how to develop modern full backs, I think the move will benefit him.

Roma 3:2 Man Utd

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I really want Brandon to be good. However, I can't remember him having a single good game since he went off injured against Southampton last season. The ghost of Ethan Laird haunts this kid. Hard to see him having a future at Old Trafford.

acnumber9

We need to sell him while we can still fool somebody into believing he’s got potential. If he’s lucky he may go the Phil Bardsley route.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Standard Williams... Lots of bluster, little else.

Unfortunately, he's just not very good.

Jackal981

Go back to U23. Whoever gave him a raise should be fired and kicked out of the club

Status
Not open for further replies.