Brandon Williams image 33

Brandon Williams England flag

2021-22 Performances

View full 2021-22 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Absolute nothing burger. The post is harmless and the video of him getting some bling is also innocuous. Now whether he's good enough as a player is a completely different topic.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I find it interesting to think about how some of our fans base may be exactly the same as some of these players if they were happened to be as successful in life.

Bebestation

There's such an enormous difference between the players, the situation, and the response that I don't really know where to start with a reply
:lol:

F*ck me! The players ability must be looked at to judge if a player reacting to a bad fanbase is right or not.

Oh my god.

Absolutely messed up! :lol:

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
I don't get why he'd put a middle finger up to the club when a few fans follow him home?

Yes the fans were cnuts, but why don't you just say that? Is he going to stick a middle finger up to Man Utd if he gets called shite on social media by a few United fans?

Bebestation

I don't get why he'd put a middle finger up to the club when a few fans follow him home?

Yes the fans were cnuts, but why don't you just say that? Is he going to stick a middle finger up to Man Utd if he gets called shite on social media by a few United fans?
This is not what happened though so why did it cross your mind?

He literally got followed all the way home and put a middle finger back at them. That's different to being called shite on social media.

90 + 5min

He literally got followed all the way home and put a middle finger back at them. That's different to being called shite on social media.
First, you don’t post anything when you lose. Your job is being football player. Not social media pro. You need to be more professional.
Second, being offensive by showing finger on social media is not tough. It is stupidity and bad behaviour and should get fined for that.

Bebestation

First, you don’t post anything when you lose. Your job is being football player. Not social media pro. You need to be more professional.
Second, being offensive by showing finger on social media is not tough. It is stupidity and bad behaviour and should get fined for that.
First, he didn't post anything when losing.

He posts something after the fanbse literally did something illegal in following the guy home when they had no right to do so.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum

I know he didn't, that's why I phrased it as a question? Like, if that scenario happened, would he find it appropriate to stick his middle finger up at the club rather than the stupid fans?

Bebestation

I know he didn't, that's why I phrased it as a question? Like, if that scenario happened, would he find it appropriate to stick his middle finger up at the club rather than the stupid fans?
Well this is not the first time he has lost a match nor is it the first time people might have doubted his ability - redcafe is proof of this and no middle finger back at a fanbase that never rated him all that high.

It is the first time that he has been followed home though and he reached to that.

90 + 5min

First, he didn't post anything when losing.

He posts something after the fanbse literally did something illegal in following the guy home when they had no right to do so.
Norwich are losing pretty much every game so if I was player I would take it easy with social media.
Someone doing stupid things doesn’t mean he should. It is so childish with ”he did it first’-mentality. He need to behave like professional.

Marwood

Because he's 21?

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Well this is not the first time he has lost a match nor is it the first time people might have doubted his ability - redcafe is proof of this and no middle finger back at a fanbase that never rated him all that high.

It is the first time that he has been followed home though and he reached to that.
He's hardly been a regular here, I'm just pointing out, what would he do at a club like united of he didn't like fan reaction towards him? Have a pop at the club? All I'm saying is that there's ways of handling things.

@Marwood 21? Is that supposed to absolve you of all professionalism and adult responsibility? Last I checked 21 was 3 years into being officially an "adult" - the babyfication of footballers, and young people these days are not helped by people like you trying to put every bad decision down to "youthful exuberance" - at what age should he be professional?

Red_toad

What an absolute tit.
Buying garish jewelry or taking part in a promotion video for one of his mates (I've no idea which), doesn't really make him a tit. Makes you look very judgmental though. If he wishes to help his mate or spend his wages on things you don't like, I don't think you should be calling him names for that.

Marwood

He's hardly been a regular here, I'm just pointing out, what would he do at a club like united of he didn't like fan reaction towards him? Have a pop at the club? All I'm saying is that there's ways of handling things.

@Marwood 21? Is that supposed to absolve you of all professionalism and adult responsibility? Last I checked 21 was 3 years into being officially an "adult" - the babyfication of footballers, and young people these days are not helped by people like you trying to put every bad decision down to "youthful exuberance" - at what age should he be professional?
It should absolve you of some judgement yes. Because we've all been 21 and we all look back and remember stuff we'd never do now. It's all part of growing up.

I find it strange that grown men/women are so quick to judge. Forgetting what they did when they were 21.

He's throwing the bird. Big deal. Me thinks its time the adults in the room grow up a bit never mind Brandon.

"People like you"

And you say its Brandon who is behaving inappropriately?

EtH

Buying garish jewelry or taking part in a promotion video for one of his mates (I've no idea which), doesn't really make him a tit. Makes you look very judgmental though. If he wishes to help his mate or spend his wages on things you don't like, I don't think you should be calling him names for that.
There are a jillion people out there with the initials “BW” so whether he’s paying a small fortune for some ice to hang around his neck which says “BW” or “BDub” or “BDubz” it’s all cringey as feck. It literally reads as “I’m thick” to anyone with a brain but you can think whatever you like just as I can.

Never mind the fact that he has achieved sweet feck all in his career. I imagine Keano would agree with me and you are free to call me boomer or whatever. Just look at the state of our squad and academy players of late. This is just par for the course.

Last edited:

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
It should absolve you of some judgement yes. Because we've all been 21 and we all look back and remember stuff we'd never do now. It's all part of growing up.

I find it strange that grown men/women are so quick to judge. Forgetting what they did when they were 21.

He's throwing the bird. Big deal. Me thinks its time the adults in the room grow up a bit never mind Brandon.

"People like you"

And you say its Brandon who is behaving inappropriately?
I've never stuck a middle finger up at my employer after customers were abusive towards me (yes, I have had customers be abusive towards me) you learn to act professionally in certain scenarios.

We're the fans (customers) eejits for following him? Yes, and he should have called thr police, no one should be followed and harassed and I hope the people who followed him get punishment.

But that doesn't absolve Williams for doing something stupid and pointing his justified anger at the wrong thing.

Not sure why you're trying to be so dramatic when all I alluded to was that Williams could and should have acted more professionally to his employer (Norwich) during this, him being 21 (if you want to baby adults, let's call him 21 and ⅔?).

Red_toad

There are a jillion people out there with the initials “BW” so whether he’s paying a small fortune for some ice to hang around his neck which says “BW” or “BDub” or “BDubz” it’s all cringey as feck. It literally reads as “I’m thick” to anyone with a brain but you can think whatever you like just as I can.

Never mind the fact that he has achieved sweet feck all in his career. I imagine Keano would agree with me and you are free to call me boomer or whatever. Just look at the state of our squad and academy players of late. This is just par for the course.
So he has to not spend his money how he sees fit until he has done something with his career? Interesting.....

EtH

So he has to not spend his money how he sees fit until he has done something with his career? Interesting.....
Well yes he’d get a lot more consideration from anyone who doesn’t dig the merchandise if he was actually doing the business on the pitch. Naturally.

Wouldn’t make the jewelry any less garish though, as you said.

Red_toad

Well yes he’d get a lot more consideration from anyone who doesn’t dig the merchandise if he was actually doing the business on the pitch. Naturally.

Wouldn’t make the jewelry any less garish though, as you said.
He could always be gambling it away or getting pished on a regular basis. Buying tacky trinkets isn't a crime. He's doing pretty well thus far in his career for a player I didn't think would make the grade when he was a youth player. Playing regular football in the Premier league is quite an achievement.

Ted Lasso

Pretty certain I have a brain and I don't think of it in that way at all. For me it's part of the melting of black & hip hop culture into a more broad audience and communities, which includes the athletes circles. It's not strictly a rich footballer thing and definitely not a representation of intelligence.

I also don't think it's cringey for someone to live how they want to live. Judging them for their dress choice as an outsider, someone you don't personally know, that's cringey af to me.

Back to the incident, quite nuts that the fans followed him. Hearing about the Chong break in, I'm a bit in shock. Is it just pent up nonsense after the lockdowns or is this typical for the UK?

CraftySoAndSo

Can someone explain properly what he means by this tweet exactly. I must be too old to understand the language. Is he giving Norwich the middle finger or Ipswich, or what relevance is Suffolk to this
Norwich's biggest rivals are Ipswich, Norwich are in Norfolk and Ipswich are in Suffolk. As for what he's meaning it seems ambiguous to me but it does feel like he's taking a jibe at Norwich. The rivalry between the two is pretty big so after what happened i think he was trying to rile Norwich fans. Probably didn't work since no one know what he's actually trying to say.

Marwood

I've never stuck a middle finger up at my employer after customers were abusive towards me (yes, I have had customers be abusive towards me) you learn to act professionally in certain scenarios.

We're the fans (customers) eejits for following him? Yes, and he should have called thr police, no one should be followed and harassed and I hope the people who followed him get punishment.

But that doesn't absolve Williams for doing something stupid and pointing his justified anger at the wrong thing.

Not sure why you're trying to be so dramatic when all I alluded to was that Williams could and should have acted more professionally to his employer (Norwich) during this, him being 21 (if you want to baby adults, let's call him 21 and ⅔?).
In terms of drama I'm saying quite the opposite. It's a 21 year old giving the middle finger. It's no big deal especially given the apparent circumstances.

The irony is whilst chastising him you're on a forum using phrases such as "people like you are responsible for....." to a human you've never met, know nothing of.

Doesn't particularly bother me but it's quite contradictory form yourself.

90 + 5min

In terms of drama I'm saying quite the opposite. It's a 21 year old giving the middle finger. It's no big deal especially given the apparent circumstances.

The irony is whilst chastising him you're on a forum using phrases such as "people like you are responsible for....." to a human you've never met, know nothing of.

Doesn't particularly bother me but it's quite contradictory form yourself.
How far are we going to move the lines? What is okey and what is not okey to do? I think, as one professional you should be that. Professional. 21 old? No excuse. It is all about values and moral. What character you are.

That behaviour would result in fines because he is suppose to behave in best way possible when you represent your club or country. It is not average person. And if he can't post anything better on social media, he should stay away from it. Close it down and concentrate on football and apparently his behaviour.

He is not the only one with those problems. Far from it.

Bebestation

Why are footballers the only people who should be an adult?

The fan base are just as a normal human as a footballer is, with only a difference in their professional job.

If the fan base are acting like dicks then they are not acting professional or like an adult either and then you can see why someone then might retaliate to those actions over the human beings that did something wrong.

I personally feel that there is a bunch of fans who are always trying to look at football players down. This type of fanbase are hunters acting like they are perfect human beings doing nothing wrong when if they did have a lifestyle in front of the media and TV that they would make much more mistakes than they realise they do. Footballers make good money and for that reason they are supposed to act a certain way to society? Not for me. Act as you please as life is free - if someone comes following you all the way to your house - many people will find a middle finger one of the least things you can do in comparison to say actually hitting the people who are threatening you by following you all the way home.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
This Norwich fan base does seem excessively toxic given how much abuse they’ve directed personally at Billy Gilmour and now following ‘BW’ home.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Why are footballers the only people who should be an adult?

The fan base are just as a normal human as a footballer is, with only a difference in their professional job.

If the fan base are acting like dicks then they are not acting professional or like an adult either and then you can see why someone then might retaliate to those actions over the human beings that did something wrong.

I personally feel that there is a bunch of fans who are always trying to look at football players down. This type of fanbase are hunters acting like they are perfect human beings doing nothing wrong when if they did have a lifestyle in front of the media and TV that they would make much more mistakes than they realise they do. Footballers make good money and for that reason they are supposed to act a certain way to society? Not for me. Act as you please as life is free - if someone comes following you all the way to your house - many people will find a middle finger one of the least things you can do in comparison to say actually hitting the people who are threatening you by following you all the way home.
I've already said that those that followed him should be reported to the police? And their actions are far worse than what Williams did, but guess what, I couldn't give a feck about Norwich fans, what I do.csre about is a footballer associated with Manchester United acting like a brat on social media to a club he currently represents, and considering the bad press our academy currently has, I'd rather he act a little more professional.

You and @Marwood are making a mountain out of a molehill with regards to my comments, I've said he, as a professional representing Man Utd shouldn't be throwing the bird to a club he currently playing for, and questioned if he'd do the same to United on social media?

Marwood

How far are we going to move the lines? What is okey and what is not okey to do? I think, as one professional you should be that. Professional. 21 old? No excuse. It is all about values and moral. What character you are.

That behaviour would result in fines because he is suppose to behave in best way possible when you represent your club or country. It is not average person. And if he can't post anything better on social media, he should stay away from it. Close it down and concentrate on football and apparently his behaviour.

He is not the only one with those problems. Far from it.
Yeah you can't say exactly where the line should be drawn but I'm pretty sure outrage over a middle finger is a bit much.

lsd

The Oracle
It just seems too much to ask for any of our players to not be a total prick on social media.

As for people saying he is only 21 of he was 12 and did that he would be a prick.

He is supposed to have a brain unless for footballers that doesn't kick in until they are 22?

Idxomer

He's a terrible footballer and the club would well not waste any more time with him.

Varun1

Getting angry at being followed home by some arseholes is fair enough. Footballers are people, too. A lot of fans seem to forget that. Even if they play like shit, it doesn't give you the right to follow them home to abuse them. The post looks bad without any context. With it, you can understand his reaction.
A proper post calling out the people that followed him would have been better than some stupid childish and unprofessional tweet.
A few things over the past year have made me think he's all talk and not much else, for us anyway. Although he's quite young and may turn a page, it's not a risk I would like the club to take.

Herculean

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Perfect summation of what is wrong with some footballers in the modern social age. They forget that they are getting paid to play football, period.

Yagami

Good post resistant
This Norwich fan base does seem excessively toxic given how much abuse they’ve directed personally at Billy Gilmour and now following ‘BW’ home.
Exactly what I was going to say. The bigger clubs may think twice about sending their talents to Norwich when you see the abuse Williams and Gilmour have got.

Status
Not open for further replies.