Brandon Williams image 33

Brandon Williams England flag

2021-22 Performances

View full 2021-22 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAFMUTD

Is this based on this one game or did you watch all of his matches? I remember he was MOTM against Arsenal earlier int he season.
Not going to lie, I've only watched Norwich games against City, Liverpool, Leicester and Chelsea. I don't remember seeing him against City nor Liverpool but I remember him looking poor against Leicester and today he was destroyed by Chelsea.

Didn't saw the arsenal game you mention though.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
I know Norwich is pretty shit but he's showing nothing to prove he deserves a chance in the premier league, nevermind in Manchester United.

Giving him that contract was a mistake, with the way he's playing we won't get rid until it expires.
You clearly haven’t seen our defence then. I’d much rather a youth team product was our back up fullback than someone as utterly pointless as Dalot. We didn’t have to spend £20m on Williams for the privilege either.

He’s done well in a few games this season too.

FriedClams

For me, Williams is a great example of how far determination and commitment can take you. Whenever he played for us, you got to the impression that he was trying as hard as he possibly could, and I imagine he always gives 100% in training session. That’s the kind of thing you can’t coach, but when a player like Williams has it in spades, you can be patient with him as he develops his technique, composure and decision making. He is a professional footballer, who has played at the top level for us, so obviously he is talented, but with the right nurturing he can become a consistent Premier league level full back.

Abraxas

For me, Williams is a great example of how far determination and commitment can take you. Whenever he played for us, you got to the impression that he was trying as hard as he possibly could, and I imagine he always gives 100% in training session. That’s the kind of thing you can’t coach, but when a player like Williams has it in spades, you can be patient with him as he develops his technique, composure and decision making. He is a professional footballer, who has played at the top level for us, so obviously he is talented, but with the right nurturing he can become a consistent Premier league level full back.
I agree with your sentiment.

However the one thing I was disappointed with regarding Williams most recent outings for us is he seemed to have lost the spark he had when he broke through. He was never the most gifted lad but I liked his fire, getting around people, putting some strong tackles in. Basically being a pain in the arse to the opposition. It felt like once he got somewhat established around the first team he lost that and lost everything that made him a potential player, he just became a young full back of average ability. But it also could be that he lost some confidence.

SAFMUTD

You clearly haven’t seen our defence then. I’d much rather a youth team product was our back up fullback than someone as utterly pointless as Dalot. We didn’t have to spend £20m on Williams for the privilege either.

He’s done well in a few games this season too.
Dalot being shit doesn't make Williams good enough.

Jordan_mufc

Anyone following his form with Norwich? Any hope he can be a long term full back for us?
Having a great game against Newcastle so far, albeit against 10 men. Looks solid and performing much better than Aarons tonight.

Still not convinced he has a future at United, but he's definitely a prem player

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Having a great game against Newcastle so far, albeit against 10 men. Looks solid and performing much better than Aarons tonight.

Still not convinced he has a future at United, but he's definitely a prem player
I think best case scenario is he has a very good year at Norwich and we sell with a buy back clause

Ollie Derbyshire

Yeah don’t think he’s good enough for us, but definitely shouldn’t be giving him away to a lower mid table team.

Jordan_mufc

Yeah don’t think he’s good enough for us, but definitely shouldn’t be giving him away to a lower mid table team.
Yeah, wouldn't really want him as a back up LB really. Good player but probably Everton/Southampton level.

I think best case scenario is he has a very good year at Norwich and we sell with a buy back clause
Agree. That would be good. Could see us getting 15 odd million for him which would be ace.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Yeah, wouldn't really want him as a back up LB really. Good player but probably Everton/Southampton level.

Agree. That would be good. Could see us getting 15 odd million for him which would be ace.
Good enough for Everton, but not good enough as United backup? Do you think United backup should be on West Ham, Leicester, or maybe Liverpool's level?

Jordan_mufc

Good enough for Everton, but not good enough as United backup? Do you think United backup should be on West Ham, Leicester, or maybe Liverpool's level?
I mean as he develops. He's currently playing at about the right level and I think he will develop into a mid table player with game time.

He's not getting that at United. And yes I would expect our back up left back to be Top 7/8 quality. Look at City and Chelsea.

Kostov

The kid has some talent and should not be written off. I also think he was harshly treated on here, and never as bad as some made it out. He barely got a chance last season, I hope he plays regularly this time.

T_Model101

Watched him today as my mate gave me his Spurs season ticket for the day.
There is a very good player in there, had Tanganga on toast for most of the game, and Conte even had to sub him off

Sea-Cow

He had an incredible last-ditch tackle in the box against Villa. He was beaten, looked like the player was in, and that Brandon was in no position to challenge for the ball without committing a foul, but somehow he goes in hard and comes away with it perfectly.

I swear if you paused it right before he slides you would say that it is impossible to get the ball without fouling the guy. But I'll be damned if he doesn't pull it off.

I don't know anything else about his performance or how he's been, but that tackle was amazing!

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I had high hopes for him in the academy days, but he doesn’t seem to have progressed at all.

Every time I’ve seen Norwich/highlights he seems to be at fault for a goal or causing a stupid foul.

He’s still young, but he doesn’t look up to it yet.

Based Adnan

I had high hopes for him in the academy days, but he doesn’t seem to have progressed at all.

Every time I’ve seen Norwich/highlights he seems to be at fault for a goal or causing a stupid foul.

Norwich fans seem to rate him and as evidenced by their treatment of Gilmour yesterday, they aren't afraid to stick the boot in on loan players if they don't. Hasn't happened with Williams.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Norwich fans seem to rate him and as evidenced by their treatment of Gilmour yesterday, they aren't afraid to stick the boot in on loan players if they don't. Hasn't happened with Williams.
probably because chelsea fans/press keep complaining if he doesn’t play, haven’t heard a peep about williams.

Can’t say i’ve been impressed with him so far.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

Hard to disagree to be honest, but I really like the lads attitude and would love if we got him a squad place, want positive and aggressive attitudes.

Sea-Cow

Hard to disagree to be honest, but I really like the lads attitude and would love if we got him a squad place, want positive and aggressive attitudes.
Agree with loving his attitude, and he deserves admiration I think for making the absolute most of his talent and opportunity, but I don't think he has the necessary quality for United.

Which is unfortunate because maybe having his attitude around the place might help in a small way with the terrible culture that is apparently pervasive at the club.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I think he's just found his level tbh. He's not a bad player, works hard and shows good aggression in his play but he's just...decent. Nothing that would get him to a top club if he hadn't developed at one. Norwich would do well to make us a reasonable offer in the summer I think and get him permanently but I don't think he ought to come back to us.

lex talionis

Williams has a very decent cross in him when he played well for us. Has he lost that altogether since he’s gone out on loan?

marktan

https://mixture.gg/v/61e2e7c4566e6

Did really well for the goal. I think he has a career in the PL, because he's good on the ball and this season has become a lot more defensively aggressive. The problem is though that can only be as a RB, nobody plays with inverted fullbacks unless you have the passing range of Cancelo. It was the same issue with Fabio, kept getting played as a LB, which really limits how well you can play with no option to get to the byline and swing a cross in.

At least he's getting regular minutes though.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
The saddest thing is when you have a player who is prepared to give blood sweat and tears, no matter what they do, sometimes they're just not good enough.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
The saddest thing is when you have a player who is prepared to give blood sweat and tears, no matter what they do, sometimes they're just not good enough.
I think he is plenty better than Dalot and AWB. Granted we should be aiming higher but there is no reason he can't be a squad option for us. He has really grown a lot on this loan. For me at least.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I watched Norwich a few times this season and Williams offers nothing much in attacking outlet. They used Aarons more for attack than Williams if we compare both full backs. When Williams tends to have the ball, you often see him play the ball backward. Even when he managed to carry the ball near the corner area, he won't cross it with his left foot but instead pass the ball backward, basically the ball never progress on his side. Could it be a manager/coach instruction? Good assist though.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
He's always been a blood and thunder type player but the quality in his overall game has always seem a few notches below to what we really require for a 1st team fullback.

It's good that he seems to be having a decent impact at Norwich though. We might actually get a decent fee for him.

city-puma

I watched Norwich a few times this season and Williams offers nothing much in attacking outlet. They used Aarons more for attack than Williams if we compare both full backs. When Williams tends to have the ball, you often see him play the ball backward. Even when he managed to carry the ball near the corner area, he won't cross it with his left foot but instead pass the ball backward, basically the ball never progress on his side. Could it be a manager/coach instruction? Good assist though.
its definitely what the manager instructed

Status
Not open for further replies.