Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Based Adnan

Nothing wrong with laughing gas in isolation but you aren't exactly taking it and having a quiet night in watching come dine with me are you? It's indicative of a wider party lifestyle which unfortunately seems to be the case with a lot of our players in recent years

Stacks

Nothing wrong with laughing gas in isolation but you aren't exactly taking it and having a quiet night in watching come dine with me are you? It's indicative of a wider party lifestyle which unfortunately seems to be the case with a lot of our players in recent years
All sportspeople party every now and again. It is not a crime. For some reason our fans think that is a mega crime. Basketball players, boxers, tennis players, rugby the lot. In the past players were raging alcoholics and some are today. Some even smoke

Revaulx

players take cocaine, performance enhancing drugs, smoke real cigarettes and his career over because of helium, the stuff your dentist gives you.......
.…Not forgetting causing death by drunk driving.

Still, United aren’t going to find it easy to offload him in the summer given his high wages. We’ll have to hope that those in charge of recruitment at the clubs that might be interested are as relaxed as you are. That might not be the case.

Revaulx

Yeah there’s something in that. The conspiracy theorists among us will put it down to journalists hating United and jumping on any small thing while not reporting similar stuff involving players from other clubs.

The fact that it’s been reported that United are taking steps to eliminate the entitled attitude of academy players suggests that there is indeed a recurring issue.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
According to reports he's on a 65K a week contract until summer 2025.

So he'll he here until then, no one is paying him that much. I don't understand how and why we give contracts like those. Specially to players that are clearly below the standard required it basically rules them out for small teams so we're trapped with them until the contract expires. Really dumb move by us.
The hope is that a huge part of his wage is in bonuses for appearances and performances, which obviously he wouldn't be triggering. Even so it was a ridiculous wage for someone who had done very little (I remember being stunned when he first signed it).

OL29

All sportspeople party every now and again. It is not a crime. For some reason our fans think that is a mega crime. Basketball players, boxers, tennis players, rugby the lot. In the past players were raging alcoholics and some are today. Some even smoke
Nothing wrong with letting your hair down now and then but sitting in a car near the training ground, inhaling laughing gas suggest a bit of a problem and a lack of discipline.

SAFMUTD

The hope is that a huge part of his wage is in bonuses for appearances and performances, which obviously he wouldn't be triggering. Even so it was a ridiculous wage for someone who had done very little (I remember being stunned when he first signed it).
Absolutely madness, I get it when we renew a youngster contract when he's proving he deserves it and extending the contract is key. Like a Garnacho scenario, but with Brandon it was different it wasnt even when we was actively playing. It happened afterwards when he was already benched and we all had little hope for him.

It goes along with Phil Jones' and Bailly's contract renewals in the how to shit the bed masterclass imparted by Woodward and co.

NYAS

So he'll he here until then, no one is paying him that much. I don't understand how and why we give contracts like those. Specially to players that are clearly below the standard required it basically rules them out for small teams so we're trapped with them until the contract expires. Really dumb move by us.

There is an additional year option which will surely not be triggered.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Whippets are no joke if you take a bit too many / much. For some asinine reason, I did a couple cartridges while driving on a state highway, six lanes separated by a turn lane. When I came to, I was in the opposite three lanes with cars swerving to miss me while we were both at speed (I had my cruise control on).

Not an exceedingly proud moment in my life.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Whippets are no joke if you take a bit too many / much. For some asinine reason, I did a couple cartridges while driving on a state highway, six lanes separated by a turn lane. When I came to, I was in the opposite three lanes with cars swerving to miss me while we were both at speed (I had my cruise control on).

Not an exceedingly proud moment in my life.
I mean, that is kind of hilarious but also crazy stupid! I can barely remember my own name for about 2 seconds after a big balloon, you deserve a medal for not crashing. Maybe not a medal actually.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
I mean, that is kind of hilarious but also crazy stupid! I can barely remember my own name for about 2 seconds after a big balloon, you deserve a medal for not crashing. Maybe not a medal actually.
20 seconds, not 2 seconds.

Gazza

I found it funny after knowing that it had already been done and no-one was hurt.
So if someone at work comes up to you and says "You'll never guess what, I passed out in my car on the highway after hitting a few cartridges, I could have killed someone but luckily I didn't" you would think that was hilarious? Just checking here, because if so then that's a fecking heinous reaction befitting an utter moron.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
So if someone at work comes up to you and says "You'll never guess what, I passed out in my car on the highway after hitting a few cartridges, I could have killed someone but luckily I didn't" you would think that was hilarious? Just checking here, because if so then that's a fecking heinous reaction befitting an utter moron.
You need to calm down a little, fella. The concept is funny. I laugh with my 6 year old about the times he’s done ridiculously reckless things and could have died. That doesn’t mean I find the idea of children dying hilarious, nor does it mean I would find it funny if he told me of his intention of doing something similar tomorrow. The humour exists only in the absurdity of the recklessness, and safe in the knowledge that nothing bad happened. I think you need to be getting off that high-horse if I’m honest.

OleGunnar20

Moron. Just been listening through SAFs autobiography this weekend and have to wonder how he'd deal with this kind of behaviour.

I trust ETH to get the discipline right.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
People think it's helium? Ffs :lol:
Yeah I’ve noticed that too, I’ve no idea where that thought comes from. You’d be pretty pissed off if you got your wisdom teeth removed under helium and the only affect on you was a really squeaky voice as you screamed blue murder.

Gazza

You need to calm down a little, fella. The concept is funny. I laugh with my 6 year old about the times he’s done ridiculously reckless things and could have died. That doesn’t mean I find the idea of children dying hilarious, nor does it mean I would find it funny if he told me of his intention of doing something similar tomorrow. The humour exists only in the absurdity of the recklessness, and safe in the knowledge that nothing bad happened. I think you need to be getting off that high-horse if I’m honest.
You think the idea of being off your face to the point of almost causing a car crash on the highway is funny. Utterly braindead thing to say which you see no issue with. You do you, dude.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
You think the idea of being off your face to the point of almost causing a car crash on the highway is funny. Utterly braindead thing to say which you see no issue with. You do you, dude.
I am ‘doing me’. You’re the one telling me how I should be responding to a past event I have no control over. You’re pointlessly angry about that response to an event that has already happened.

Stadjer

What?! He is on 65k a week? He is such a bad player. Why is he on so much? I doubt that there were many other big clubs tying to seduce him with a fat contract.

Last edited:

SAFMUTD

There is an additional year option which will surely not be triggered.
I think maybe we'll offload him this summer for free. It'll depend on wether he wasnt to go to another team looking for game time or if he rather stay here collecting wages.

Gazza

I feel like you should be directing your irritation at the guy who made the confession instead.
Why? The guy admitted to doing something shitty in his life and said he’s not proud of it. Then someone comes and says it’s hilarious. I pointed out that it’s not hilarious at all. What’s your issue with that?

Gazza

I am ‘doing me’. You’re the one telling me how I should be responding to a past event I have no control over. You’re pointlessly angry about that response to an event that has already happened.
Not angry. Didn’t tell you how to respond. Pointed out that what you said is a dick thing to say.

SAFMUTD

What?! He is on 65k a week? He is such a bad player. Why is he on so much? I doubt that were many other big clubs were tying to seduce him with a fat contract.
Woodward. Even at 30K no other team was trying to steal him from us, it's absolute madness how we manage some players contracts. Basically even all the mediocre players are rewarded with good contracts. No wonder we have one of the biggest wage bills in europe without having a worldclass squad.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Yeah I’ve noticed that too, I’ve no idea where that thought comes from. You’d be pretty pissed off if you got your wisdom teeth removed under helium and the only affect on you was a really squeaky voice as you screamed blue murder.
Quite :lol:

NYAS

I think maybe we'll offload him this summer for free. It'll depend on wether he wasnt to go to another team looking for game time or if he rather stay here collecting wages.
I’d be absolutely stunned if he didn’t stay until the last day of his contract. It’s already clear he doesn’t care about playing.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Woodward. Even at 30K no other team was trying to steal him from us, it's absolute madness how we manage some players contracts. Basically even all the mediocre players are rewarded with good contracts. No wonder we have one of the biggest wage bills in europe without having a worldclass squad.
I really struggle believe to believe the guy is on £65k per week, surely that’s more than eg Garnacho, Amad? I get that he’s older then those but it does seem a lot. I’m sure I read that Greenwood is on similar money, it’s difficult to see a situation where he and Williams were given similar contracts.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Not angry. Didn’t tell you how to respond. Pointed out that what you said is a dick thing to say.
I mean, that doesn’t ring true in the least, but yeah, let’s leave it there. Keep doing you, you’re doing a great job!

Gazza

I mean, that doesn’t ring true in the least, but yeah, let’s leave it there. Keep doing you, you’re doing a great job!
It rings absolutely true unless you have difficulties with reading comprehension, fella. Keep finding the idea of driving under the influence hilarious, I'm sure your 6 year old is very lucky to have such a mature father!

SAFMUTD

I really struggle believe to believe the guy is on £65k per week, surely that’s more than eg Garnacho, Amad? I get that he’s older then those but it does seem a lot. I’m sure I read that Greenwood is on similar money, it’s difficult to see a situation where he and Williams were given similar contracts.
Its really hard to know for sure since there are no official sources for wages. All we can look at is the media, most agree on the 65K number, but now doing some research I've find also sources claiming he's on 40K.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
It rings absolutely true unless you have difficulties with reading comprehension, fella. Keep finding the idea of driving under the influence hilarious, I'm sure your 6 year old is very lucky to have such a mature father!
Yeah, he’s the absolute best, and luckily I can differentiate between laughing at an abstract past event, and condoning a future one. It’s simple stuff.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Its really hard to know for sure since there are no official sources for wages. All we can look at is the media, most agree on the 65K number, but now doing some research I've find also sources claiming he's on 40K.
I do wonder where they get their numbers from. I use Transfer Market for general details on contract length/ salary etc, but for example they seem to know what Ipswich reserve teamers are on most of the time. I can’t see how they could possibly have that information!

Status
Not open for further replies.