Brandon Williams Appreciation Society

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Looked very nervous in the 1st half, atmosphere was enormous so it was a tough ask to throw him in like that, he took some clumsy touches. He looked much more comfortable in the 2nd half. Great goal too.

mu4c_20le

Don't think Young would have fared any better, Sheffield were really fit today and would have left him in the dust. Very happy with Williams' attacking instinct.

stu_1992

Great goal, and his first in senior football. Sparked that mad period we saw with all the goals. Fair play to him for just getting on with it and trying to get the crowd up. Liked that attitude.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Defensively not that good tonight but his attacking instinct brought us back in game. With Luke or Young, that goal wouldn't have come and we would have lost 2-0.

dev1l

Not the best of games but this boy has something which will make him a top player - right attitude. He makes mistakes but he can bounce back. never gives up.
I m sure Fergie would have appreciated someone with this mentality.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Great finish but his worst game probably. Still very young, fullback is a tough position to play.

RedRazor

on the radio
Very tough game for the lad, and they targeted him from the start. Sheffield have some real units playing for them in comparison to Williams, and he did look a boy amongst men. Fantastic goal though and a great attitude today. Hope he builds on it, as his forward play is very promising. Unlucky with a few touches that looked sloppy but you could see what he was trying to do.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
You could argue that with Luke our left side may have not been terrorised as much but I see your point.
Yeah, I thought similar while making that post but overall the lack of team work and coordination in our team till going 2-0 down means we would have conceded 2 anyway.
It was tough atmosphere to be fair to Brandon and he can of course get better learning from this experience.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Love his attitude - give him time to grow into his place in the team and that attitude could take him the rest of the way. Long way to go, but very promising.

Hughie77

SHU, away tough, he was good, was run ragged in 1st half because he had a donkey in Jones behind him, better when went back to 4 . And a shame his goal wasn't in a winning game, plus point. Well done lad, only way is up for him.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Bad game overall but a cracking finish. He will get more consistent with age.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He had poor game, couldn't deal with physicality but even in the shit game he made good contribution in the attack which sparked the come back. Games like these should be good experience for his development.

Also switching from FB to WB all the time must be tough for him.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
I like him a lot but I don't know if we have the time to develop more players in an already experimental squad. I would bite on Chillwell if given the opportunity.

mu4c_20le

I like him a lot but I don't know if we have the time to develop more players in an already experimental squad. I would bite on Chillwell if given the opportunity.
Lets get mugged by them again on a position that's already well stocked...

Untd55

Good goal but poor performance. He was toyed with at times by their right winger.

Classical Mechanic

Glad he got that goal and the game ended up being rescued to a degree. In the absence of the last 20 minutes that could have been a bit of a soul destroyer for him.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Lets get mugged by them again on a position that's already well stocked...
Stocked by who? 34 year old Ashley Young, a crock in Luke Shaw and Brandon Williams who is promising but we are unsure about? It's persisting with players like this why we will never progress.

Many on the forum have seem to have accepted Lindelof as well as a passable option.

mu4c_20le

Stocked by who? 34 year old Ashley Young, a crock in Luke Shaw and Brandon Williams who is promising but we are unsure about? It's persisting with players like this why we will never progress.

Many on the forum have seem to have accepted Lindelof as well as a passable option.
Rojo can do a job there as well. They can be upgraded sure, but Leicester apparently want 70m+, would rather spend that money on a midfield or striker.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Was bouncing off players left,right and centre but big credit for his mentality and determination. Plus,that was a aesthetically pleasing strike.:drool:

Dr Fink

Not his best game, but what a strike - super finish at a crucial time. He tried to bomb up and down the wing but wasn't gettting the service. Plus he got caught dwelling on the ball many times, again I blame it partly on his colleagues for offering little movement. In fact the whole team was static for 70 mins. This lad has a lot of promise though, coupled with what appears to be a tenacious attitude.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

He'll be just as good as Chilwell in a few years. People are so short sighted, he's had years to develop with less pressure and now admittedly looks class, if Williams gets the same opportunities he will look just as good.

Buy Buy Buy isn't always the answer. He bleeds red like the rest of us.

MetoTTT

He'll be just as good as Chilwell in a few years. People are so short sighted, he's had years to develop with less pressure and now admittedly looks class, if Williams gets the same opportunities he will look just as good.

Can you predict the future? Are you a seer?
I hope you are right and that he will progress and become indispensable in a competitive team because there is nothing more beautiful than a young player from the academy becomes a class player. But for now, I find that there is a lot of over-reaction (good or bad). The future will tell but it is still too early to judge.
I remember years back when we bought Jones and Smalling. Many people said that United and England were stocked for 10+ years.

Adam-Utd

Can you predict the future? Are you a seer?
I hope you are right and that he will progress and become indispensable in a competitive team because there is nothing more beautiful than a young player from the academy becomes a class player. But for now, I find that there is a lot of over-reaction (good or bad). The future will tell but it is still too early to judge.
I remember years back when we bought Jones and Smalling. Many people said that United and England were stocked for 10+ years.
Obviously anything can happen, whos to predict Chilwell will settle at United and perform? he could be a flop under the pressure.

He's going to cost 60m+ and it's just not something we need when we have a great young talent like Williams, and a more than able deputy in Shaw (when fit). Yes if we had Saudi money then great buy him.

MyOnlySolskjaer

This doesn't mean he'll turn out good, there's no guarantee of it at all. With the other left back options being so poor, I'd rather we bin both of them and sign some competition for Brandon. It doesn't necessary have to be a 60M signing like Chillwell but at least another option so that we have some security on our investment.

It's situations like these where we only end up with McTominay (who I rate) in midfield or Lingard or Pereira as an attacking midfielder. There has to be some kind of middle ground where we don't wait 4 years on a possibility that they develop and we see if they are up for a fight for their place. Look at Heinze vs Evra for example, Evra wasn't one of us but he became one of us and fought it out at LB after facing difficult competition in Heinze.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Rojo can do a job there as well. They can be upgraded sure, but Leicester apparently want 70m+, would rather spend that money on a midfield or striker.
Ben Chilwell isn't the only LB in the world. We have hundreds of scouts for a reason.

SAFMUTD

So apparently he is not first option above Shaw after all, more like third choice behind Shaw and Young. Promising youngster but still very raw and some posters here went way overhyped after two performances.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
So apparently he is not first option above Shaw after all, more like third choice behind Shaw and Young. Promising youngster but still very raw and some posters here went way overhyped after two performances.
Yeh. Said it before that if he can be as good as Young in his first season, that is considered pretty good season.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
Must say I wish he was left footed. With Rashford in front of him, who's not exactly hugging the line, a left footed crossing machine at left back would make much more sense.

Adam-Utd

Not really, he is very talented he just needs more game time. He's going to be inconsistent when he's young.

He was pretty much MOTM against Chelsea at stamford bridge against their best attack, you don't do that if you aren't a talent.

Obviously he's had a few weaker games since then, so Ole did the right thing and put the more experienced heads back in. I'm sure he will be playing this Thursday and no doubt will play well.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Not really, he is very talented he just needs more game time. He's going to be inconsistent when he's young.

He was pretty much MOTM against Chelsea at stamford bridge against their best attack, you don't do that if you aren't a talent.

Obviously he's had a few weaker games since then, so Ole did the right thing and put the more experienced heads back in. I'm sure he will be playing this Thursday and no doubt will play well.
Yeah definitely the way I see it as well. Against Mourinho and Guardiola he got taken out of the spotlight, expect him to feature quite a bit still this season going forward. We've got loads of games over the next few weeks, so he'll feature loads.

Adam-Utd

Yeah definitely the way I see it as well. Against Mourinho and Guardiola he got taken out of the spotlight, expect him to feature quite a bit still this season going forward. We've got loads of games over the next few weeks, so he'll feature loads.
He's just been playing a bit nervously recently. Reminds me similarly of Mctominay when he first got into the team - we couldn't see what the fuss was at the start as he was playing within himself and didn't want to make a mistake.

Now he feels like a big part of the team he's flying. I think Williams will get that way too, we just have to be patient and ease him in. Great management IMO.

Imagine leaving Williams in against Spurs/City and him making mistakes and costing us both games? he'd probably never recover.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
He's just been playing a bit nervously recently. Reminds me similarly of Mctominay when he first got into the team - we couldn't see what the fuss was at the start as he was playing within himself and didn't want to make a mistake.

Now he feels like a big part of the team he's flying. I think Williams will get that way too, we just have to be patient and ease him in. Great management IMO.

Imagine leaving Williams in against Spurs/City and him making mistakes and costing us both games? he'd probably never recover.
I personally wanted him to play vs City as I see him as a good 1v1 defender, and City force them 1v1s all the time. However, leaving him out of 2 massive games doesn't suddenly mean he's 3rd choice like some people have been suggesting. LB and AM are the 2 positions we don't really have a nailed down hierarchy for.

choccy77

ORIGINAL POSTER:cry cry cry cry cry

What an example this boy is to the rest of our team and especially me who can't praise one of our players without shitting on another.

He shows how talent plus commitment and the right attitude means scintillanting performances.

He played right back, right wing and left wing tonight and outstanding throughout.

He is like a home grown Wan-Bissaka in his tackling and interception plus a real threat going forward.

We dont need shit posters on the Caf, we need a group that play for each other and that is what we got tonight against Chelsea.

The Williams way.

Brandon is without doubt refreshing to watch, even at this stage and age, I am more confident in him, than I have been with Luke Shaw in that position.

He is young, so he is learning and will make an error or two occasionally, but the future on both wings, is the highlight of the season so far!

POF

He has been fantastic. He's made a brilliant impact and his advantage over all other United full backs is that he is a genuine attacking threat. His goal at Sheffield United was a real turning point and showed he's a future leader.

His form has dipped a bit and he made the major mistake against Villa for the equaliser so it's a good time to take him out of the firing line. It takes nothing away from how well he has done though. He has been outstanding.

His next chance won't be far away.

Nikelesh Reddy

He’s a talented boy,but let’s not make him out to be something that he’s not.I thought that he was being over hyped by everyone on here,because he still has a long way to go before he can even compete with Luke Shaw...Shaw is our first choice LB,followed by Young....Williams needs to show more if he wants to break through...

DoomSlayer

He has been fantastic. He's made a brilliant impact and his advantage over all other United full backs is that he is a genuine attacking threat. His goal at Sheffield United was a real turning point and showed he's a future leader.

His form has dipped a bit and he made the major mistake against Villa for the equaliser so it's a good time to take him out of the firing line. It takes nothing away from how well he has done though. He has been outstanding.

His next chance won't be far away.
People also expect these young players to be constantly thrown out to the wolves. It would be bad man management and it could be detrimental to their careers.

Having Williams as backup and competition is good enough for now, I'm sure the situation with the LB spot will be evaluated again at the end of the season because we have more pressing concerns for the January transfer window.