Brandon Williams Appreciation Society

troylocker

He's had a couple of good games, but has shown that he is still very raw and has a lot to learn. Very good going forward, but a little shaky in defense, a little too hotheaded and his decisionmaking suffers from it. Sells himself with crazy tackles and his teammates must cover for him a lot and I'm not gonna mention the two points he cost us against Villa. He's also shown a side of himself where he goes in harder than necessary, pushes players outside the pitch and seems to lose his head. It's going to cost him a lot of cards, us points and it is not fair play either. He needs to get rid of these elements and cool his head down a little, because there is a very good player in there.

To start him against City would have been absolute madness. Shaw is one of the best left fullbacks in the league defensively.

POF

People also expect these young players to be constantly thrown out to the wolves. It would be bad man management and it could be detrimental to their careers.

Having Williams as backup and competition is good enough for now, I'm sure the situation with the LB spot will be evaluated again at the end of the season because we have more pressing concerns for the January transfer window.
He will be absolutely thrilled with his current status. He wasn't even in the squad for pre season and I don't think it was planned for him to play in the first team this season. But injuries gave him his chance and his progress has been fantastic.