Brandon Williams is better than Luke Shaw

SCJY

It's frightening, the potential of Brandon Williams. He's got the hunger and bite that has been missing from the squad for the longest time now. He's definitely our number 1 LB. No doubt in my mind at all.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Shaw’s technique is half the issue. You can get away without picking a man out if you’re able get enough whip on it to either swing away from the keeper or bounce awkwardly and skid across the box. It’s that sort of delivery that makes defenders and keepers hesitate to meet the ball or miss time it. Obviously tough comparisons but TAA and De Bruyne are text book examples of these deliveries.

Shaw either fires it low and hard which is easy to block or he chips a floater which is easy for defenders to get under and help across goal.
Good point, whipping it hard shouldn't be too difficult for pros tbh. Shaw has just been lazy and never improved on his skills.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Not going to get too carried away but hes playing well. I remember CBJ. Lets see where we are at by the end of the season but this kid might just save us 40-50m on a new LB

Superden

we could do with another williams or two in the side, that 'take no nonsense / nasty f**ker edge is needed, last player to have it was herrera (kind of). Williams has it in spades. Love to see our players squaring upto the oppo and giving a good shove off the ball when its required. once upon a time, we had schmiechel, bruce, hughes, cantona, robson, ince, neville, butt et al in the same XI.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Not going to get too carried away but hes playing well. I remember CBJ. Lets see where we are at by the end of the season but this kid might just save us 40-50m on a new LB
To be fair, Williams has always shown a superb attitude which is something that cazn't really be said of CBJ, it's why I'm more optimistic of Williams's chances.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
To be fair, Williams has always shown a superb attitude which is something that cazn't really be said of CBJ, it's why I'm more optimistic of Williams's chances.
Im more bothered about ability

romufc

He will clearly get loads of games till the end of the season.
There is no way Luke Shaw will stay fit, considering we will be playing Thursday & Sunday soon.

Amerifan

Let's be rid of Shaw & shore up our defence with a new LB to rotate with Williams.

Shaw's perpetually injured, surely on a higher wage than Williams & has had enough chances since his injury to cement the LB spot.
He’s like Jones. When he can manage a run of games he’s quite capable. Unfortunately, that doesn’t happen very often and certainly not often enough to be depended on. Best to get them both fit and sold before the next injury sidelines them again.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
It's frightening, the potential of Brandon Williams. He's got the hunger and bite that has been missing from the squad for the longest time now. He's definitely our number 1 LB. No doubt in my mind at all.
Is it really? I love the guy and how seamlessly he fitted into our side to a point that I don’t really worry about our left wing anymore, but he’s hardly a Maldini in the making.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He's a decent prospect, with plenty of learn.
But he has got a terrific spirit, so let's see how he goes.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If you find a decent youth team player's prospects frightening, I'd hate to see what you thought of Rooney!

AltiUn

Is it really? I love the guy and how seamlessly he fitted into our side to a point that I don’t really worry about our left wing anymore, but he’s hardly a Maldini in the making.
Agreed, he's a good young player with a good amount of potential but he's never struck me as someone with potential to end up in the top bracket of full backs. In all honesty, in my opinion he's not even our best youth full back, I've always thought Laird had all the tools to make it to the very top, not to say Williams isn't good in his own right.

mu4c_20le

Maldini was a big boy. He's more like Philip Lahm.

Tel074

It’s not hard to be better then Luke Shaw, name me a player who isn’t better?

I cant disagree with you . Most left backs in the PL I can think of are way better than Shaw . Jose was completely right about Shaw he is still making the same errors time after time

schmousi

Supports
some local club from my area
Luke Shaw is a good defender but I think Williams is a much better one in terms of agility and defensive understanding.

Hughie77

While Williams makes mistakes, sometimes noticeably, but his contribution is also very noticeable. Shaw's mistakes is sometimes not so noticeable to average audience but he does tend to disappear during crucial moment, meanwhile contribute very little during 90min. If we bite the bullet and let Williams stay on, I am sure he will be very good next season. Rumour say Leicester is interested in Shaw, I say swap him for Maddison, all sides win.
Agree, I do now think Brandon Williams is the main left back now, he's fearless, the two games against a good Wolves side, have made my mind up, this boy is only going to get better stronger, just pray he stays injury free. I would use Shaw in a deal if you can, good bargaining chip to use.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
If we sell Shaw, do we get a better LB than Williams or make Williams our main LB and get a back up LB?

izec

If we sell Shaw, do we get a better LB than Williams or make Williams our main LB and get a back up LB?
We obviously go for a great option. Williams will get his game time and needs some healthy competition. That is how i would like it.

The issue is i dont see Shaw going to Leicester for some reason. Either his wages or the asking price would be a stumbling block. I can see Shaw going there in a couple of years once his contract is running down and him fed up of not being a starter here.

KennyBurner

Agreed, he's a good young player with a good amount of potential but he's never struck me as someone with potential to end up in the top bracket of full backs. In all honesty, in my opinion he's not even our best youth full back, I've always thought Laird had all the tools to make it to the very top, not to say Williams isn't good in his own right.
With his consistent performances so far he definitely could be one of the better LB in the league. Just watching him he is already mature with his passing. He doesn’t panic on the ball and makes good decisions on his passes. His defending is also decent and he has a good slide tackle on him. Also he has the physique to slide in already which we hadn’t from rashford and now greenwood when they first debuted. The kid is ready. It’s also great knowing we will see enough from him this season given Luke Shaw will eventually get injured.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
What we can not do is carelessly hail Williams as the next best thing, sell Shaw without replacing him and then thrusting a young and inexperienced into next season with the absolute weight of the world on his shoulders.

If we sell Shaw, I think we have to replace him. Just with someone adequate. I do not know who that player is and I don't know how much of an inflated price we may have to pay for someone who will largely aid and take the pressure off Williams, but when we weigh up our options we might just deem it sufficient to keep Shaw as back up.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Unfortunately he's on £150,000 p/w; what team that can afford him would take him?
chelsea? Isn't he a fan of them or something. They have Alonso and Emerson that play LB neither are brilliant From what I’ve seen.

Would be a huge mistake to sell Shaw now. Williams is not yet perfect by any means, he is young and fearless and it only takes one setback and he could lose confidence. Then wed have an inexperienced and timid left back. We need to hold on to Shaw until he gets through the stage where thats a risk.

AltiUn

Would be a huge mistake to sell Shaw now. Williams is not yet perfect by any means, he is young and fearless and it only takes one setback and he could lose confidence. Then wed have an inexperienced and timid left back. We need to hold on to Shaw until he gets through the stage where thats a risk.
I'd rather replace Shaw with another left back, personally. What you say about Williams isn't incorrect but Shaw's not reliable regarding his performances or injuries, it'd be best for everyone if we moved him on and signed someone else.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Take this with a pinch of salt but a friend's son knows Shaw well and says he spends every day sat on the ps4 addicted to Lucozade

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
CBJ. Really? I know we can fall into the pit of grossly overestimating youth, but Williams is an authentic prospect, Shaw is shit, and CBJ was never anything to write home about.

DBT85

How excited is the cafe gonna get when Laird gets his game time?

Castia

Take this with a pinch of salt but a friend's son knows Shaw well and says he spends every day sat on the ps4 addicted to Lucozade
Not sure if you’re taking the piss or not but I’ve heard nothing but similar stories to the point of him missing the flight to an away European game through pure stupidity in not getting ready fast enough after a medical check in Manchester.

The type of guy who misses training because he lost his car keys.

Tel074

Luke Shaw is a good defender but I think Williams is a much better one in terms of agility and defensive understanding.

Let's get one thing straight. Luke Shaw and good defender should never ever be mentioned in the same sentence

JohnnyKills

The only problem for me is that he's right-footed, which might limit his delivery from crossing positions. But yeah, great prospect.

AltiUn

The only problem for me is that he's right-footed, which might limit his delivery from crossing positions. But yeah, great prospect.
He’s good with his left foot though, he can put in some lovely balls with his weaker left. Put a few good ones in with his left against Burnley.

bazalini

The Baz Man - He made us laugh 2000 - 2012
Time to sell the Cookie monster.

Has freeloaded enough at the club now.

A dreadful signing

Pughnichi

What we can not do is carelessly hail Williams as the next best thing, sell Shaw without replacing him and then thrusting a young and inexperienced into next season with the absolute weight of the world on his shoulders.

If we sell Shaw, I think we have to replace him. Just with someone adequate. I do not know who that player is and I don't know how much of an inflated price we may have to pay for someone who will largely aid and take the pressure off Williams, but when we weigh up our options we might just deem it sufficient to keep Shaw as back up.
agree entirely. Sell Shaw and replace with a 30/40/50M player. Or, save some cash, keep him around for a couple of years as deputy and hope Williams at 21 is the real deal. With Ed and the glazers...I’m certain of their preference