Brandon Williams

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Can someone enlighten me, when was the last time “pressure” after a bad game ruined some of our youngster’s careers? I see it regularly spouted when our kids are mentioned, but I fail to remember such cases.
There's no evidence because it's total bollox.

Mark Pawelek

Can someone enlighten me, when was the last time “pressure” after a bad game ruined some of our youngster’s careers? I see it regularly spouted when our kids are mentioned, but I fail to remember such cases.
Opposite seems to happen. Player has a good game, scores. Gets overconfident. Stops working hard. Leaves us a few years later.

OleGunnar20

CBJ is a better left-back than Rojo, and better defender than Mitchell. He always looked excellent to me at ball retention and very good at defending. Very good crossing too, bud didn't get forward enough. I don't know whether that was because LVG gave strict instructions not to get out of position. Overall I thought him safe but not outstanding; he was no Evra. I guess I'm not one of these fans who call 99% of pro footballers shite like some. I'm too honest and nice for that. It's seems he's shite is all the argument most fans ever need.

PS: I'd like to see Williams play ahead of Young. I was trying to explain why managers & coaches might not play Williams because "he's not experienced enough". Even so I don't see why fans must slate 99% of pros "shite" just to get their point across. That lazy foul-mouthed argument makes my skin crawl.
Well said. I agree that he looked decent if not spectacular, his subsequent loans though don't seem to have worked out.

I reckon he'll have a decent career at championship level.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
If I understood you right than it was nothing to do with him being bad and the pressure got to him kind of situation then? Maybe I am missing something. With todays young players breaking through the main problem seems to be that they get caught into the fame and thinking they made it sooner than they really do, not pressure nor enormous and unfair expectations from us fans. If anything I think we as fans are much more understanding with our own kids than with big money signing.
Depends which way you want to look at it, he was the most wanted young defender in the country when United signed him, he was progressing well in the first-team and it looked as though he'd become a mainstay in the team, but that changed after a horrid afternoon against Overmars in a must win game, the press destroyed him and certain sections of our fanbase writ him off as not good enough on the strength of one performance, he could have stayed and proved many people wrong, he certainly had the ability to, but he took the easy option and moved on.

Up until about 10 years ago i'd have agreed on the fans being more understanding with the Academy Grads, and rightly so, we took great pride in that, but there was a definitely seachange @ Old Trafford and now everybody is fair game, which is sad.

Class of 63

Sourness
Never seen him play. Is he your typical modern day full back, in that he is good going forward?
He's outstanding going forward, right footed but competent with his left, more likely to underlap and try and get a 25 yarder away with his right foot but he can put a decent cross in with his left if forced to go on the outside. Defensively he's still got a lot to learn, but then so has Luke Shaw.

Mark Pawelek

Does CBJ actually still play for us?
Still at United. Borthwick-Jackson + Demetri Mitchell contracts expire next summer. Neither are on loan yet. But both did well on loan last year (played when they were fit). So I reckon there must be a demand for them. Left-footed left-backs as they are. Mystery why they are not on loan again when they're not in 1st team or U-23 squads. Perhaps Mitchell is still injured from last season?

Walters_19_MuFc

He's outstanding going forward, right footed but competent with his left, more likely to underlap and try and get a 25 yarder away with his right foot but he can put a decent cross in with his left if forced to go on the outside. Defensively he's still got a lot to learn, but then so has Luke Shaw.
Cheers.

Mickson

He really did. What did he do, bang in a few crosses. His career since his LvG days says it all. He’s woeful.
Yeah he banged in a few crosses, does that make him utter shite? He was totally fine and yes...put in some good crosses. I'm not talking about his ability or what he's doing now, just that he wasn't shit at all.

Varun1

Yeah he banged in a few crosses, does that make him utter shite? He was totally fine and yes...put in some good crosses. I'm not talking about his ability or what he's doing now, just that he wasn't shit at all.
This. He was good in those few appearances, didn't improve much when he was sent on loan, doesn't make his stint with us shite.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This kid is class. He's much faster than he looks which I think catches people out big time.

Think he could be a great option to replace Young next year as Shaws back up.

MrBrightside1989

Let's hope he can get some minutes in the europa and league cup to prove himself. It's unlikely though as Shaw, young, Rojo and Dalot will probably play ahead of him.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
19 tomorrow. Same age as Max Aarons.

If we cant give hime game time, we should give him a loan in January. Will need competitive football soon.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Looks rapid, I’ve never seen him only the YouTube clips so it’s difficult to say form a view but I like his direct running and positivity.

Presume he can play both and R and L full back? Also looks tall enough for a centre half?

At 19, you’d be hoping for a chance in the first team if you were him.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
No comments on this guy tonight?

He did so well coming on into that sort of match and having a great debut.

Absolutely loved his positioning especially offensively, overlapped so well and drove with the ball which really helped us peg them back.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see him take over from shaw in a year or 2.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Where is comfortable on ? Left or right foot ?

Couple of long passes with right. Thought he was right footed

R'hllor

Did well, rather see him on the bench than Young but thats just me.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He is a clever little player. I love his overall style. I prefer his style to the one Shaw got. He is much more assured on the ball in the build up. He is quick to keep it simple and has all his heart into it when he commits. Attacked the ball and brought it forward with his chest to start the attack for our only goal, a great debut.

KennyBurner

Did well, rather see him on the bench than Young but thats just me.
this 1000% I loved how he constantly bombed forward on the overlap. Its what we need against shit opposition. I wonder though if he can keep it up for a whole 90 minutes?

Also is he defensively sound?

Class of 63

Sourness
Name-dropped this kid towards the end of last season in the matchday threads as an upgrade on Shaw, a solid 6½/7 out of 10 on debut last night, but if we can get the team on his wavelength, ie. give him the ball in stride, not static, he could revolutionise our left-flank overnight, it's just a pity Dan James(another right-footer)plays best currently on the left as we'd need a natural leftie ahead of him to get the best out of Williams, Chong, and i've a lot of time for the lad isn't the answer there, so it's up to the scouts to find us a flyer like Lee Sharpe until Deji Sotona(16) is ready, or we probably won't see the best of Williams which would be a waste.