Brands: JLINGZ, JJO, Fierce, AM9, JM8, Paul Pogba Collection

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
This is true, however, non of these mamma's boys are playing for a successful team. Their contribution to this team is pretty much awful, I'm sure you will agree. Especially the likes of Jesse, Lukaku & Sanchez.
It's either you do what you do while being good at your core function or you just plain not good enough to be here and should feck off. Let's see how far their brands would take them when they don't have the commercial vehicle of UTD anymore.
Mamma's boys? What makes these players mamma's boys?

Kostov

None of us would give a shit if they played for a successful football team. And plenty of players that play for successful football teams have similar business ventures. So yeah, this is a complete non-issue.
In order for having a successful team you need strong minded individuals. And we can't build a successful team with players who are satisfied with just having to play for Manchester United.

clarkydaz

Didn't Sanchez release his range day after a defeat to Liverpool or City? I saw before the last city game Lingard advertising 20% off DERBYDAY code. shambles of a club we have become

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
This is true, however, non of these mamma's boys are playing for a successful team. Their contribution to this team is pretty much awful, I'm sure you will agree. Especially the likes of Jesse, Lukaku & Sanchez.
It's either you do what you do while being good at your core function or you just plain not good enough to be here and should feck off. Let's see how far their brands would take them when they don't have the commercial vehicle of UTD anymore.
Looking at Marcus there I am not sure Jesse is such a good influence on him. Marcus always seemed a sensible level headed lad, now he looks an arrogant prat.

crossy1686

career ending
Agree. They would have to fold their brands if we sold them to someone like Everton.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I think that there should be something into United player's contracts that says we have to be x successful before they can do something like this.

Twenty Goals a season - Aftershave Launch
Fifteen League Goals - Autobiography deal
Martial's recent performances - Open a Greggs in town.

crossy1686

career ending
I think that there should be something into United player's contracts that says we have to be x successful before they can do something like this.

:lol: We'll put your face on punchbags.

No problem with the sponsors creating brands around their star players, like Adidas with Beckham, Messi and Pogba, or Nike with both Ronaldos. All they do there is turn up for the occasional photo shoot.

The problem comes when they create their own brands from scratch and it seems to distract them like it has Lingard.

Jinn

Looking at Marcus there I am not sure Jesse is such a good influence on him. Marcus always seemed a sensible level headed lad, now he looks an arrogant prat.
Yes, the biggest influence in your life around that age will be your best bud.

crossy1686

career ending
No problem with the sponsors creating brands around their star players, like Adidas with Beckham, Messi and Pogba, or Nike with both Ronaldos. All they do there is turn up for the occasional photo shoot.

The problem comes when they create their own brands from scratch and it seems to distract them like it has Lingard.
I think I agree with you on this one. Promotional material has always been part an parcel of being a pro footballer and we're talking a couple of hours a day every now and again here, however, players like Lingard starting their own clothing brand would take a heavy investment of his time on a daily basis to be successful.

Marcelinho87

Does anyone actually believe other than a few photos these guys have anything to do with it? This will all be handled by agents and other folk.. it is just a name attached.

If Lingard stopped selling hoodies he would become world class, is that what we saying?

dogwithabone

Well said.

Let’s see how well Lingards clothing range goes when he’s being kept out of the Everton team by Tom Davies.

crossy1686

career ending
Does anyone actually believe other than a few photos these guys have anything to do with it? This will all be handled by agents and other folk.. it is just a name attached.

If Lingard stopped selling hoodies he would become world class, is that what we saying?
I think we're saying that perhaps there's days where Lingard could be working on his game but instead he's up to his neck in approving new clothing lines or visiting factories. No one's saying he'd be world class but when we're getting hammered is he thinking about the team and the result or is he thinking about the impact it will have on his ability to sell hoodies?

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I actually think we would sacrifice Jesse if Ole thinks it would help Marcus. Lingard is expendable, clothes line and all.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I propose that we start signing players who already have clothing lines and then ban them from selling clothes when they get here. BAM we have automatically improved them as they will no longer be distracted.

Kostov

Fully agree. These lot need to decide if they are footballers or models.

Also it seems there is a library of ready made quotes which maybe its just me but I seem to have heard after every defeat or setback this season:

"We will analyse where things went wrong and correct it"
"We will work on it on the training ground"
"We will dust ourselves down and put this behind us"
"Our focus now needs to be on the next game"
"We owe it to the fans to put things right"

Load of balls. Fed up hearing all this shit.
Yes you are right, it's like the same episode on repeat. Just look at our captain speaking yesterday and you see how rotten this whole club is at the moment.

Kostov

It would be better like this:

- Can't score or assist or do anything useful with the ball other then running and moving around, feck off to Watford and see what you can promote there.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder

- Can't score or assist or do anything useful with the ball other then running and moving around, feck off to Watford and see what you can promote there.
I’d like to see some of our players running and moving around.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
They were right to be fair, as old as they sound.
There is no right or wrong though, as it's all about perception and perspective. To take an example from the modern culture which older pundits often criticise: for one internet user, Facebook is garbage & is populated by maniacs; to a different person, Facebook is a godsend which enables them to keep in touch with friends and family.

Marcelinho87

I think we're saying that perhaps there's days where Lingard could be working on his game but instead he's up to his neck in approving new clothing lines or visiting factories. No one's saying he'd be world class but when we're getting hammered is he thinking about the team and the result or is he thinking about the impact it will have on his ability to sell hoodies?
And I am asking... Do you really think he is approving anything? He will have teams doing ALL of that for him.

crossy1686

career ending

I think running should be the basis of any contract negotiations. Can you run for 90 minutes and try hard? Sign here please.

crossy1686

career ending
And I am asking... Do you really think he is approving anything? He will have teams doing ALL of that for him.
He won't be completely hands off otherwise what's the point in having it? He'll have someone that runs it but he's still the face, he won't have his own company selling clothes that he doesn't like and wouldn't wear himself. He'll be about as heavily involved as a CEO would.

Green_Red

The Lingard one is a rip off of two of americas most wanted Tupac and Snoop.

Personally I don't think there's anything wrong with it. My guess is it's a business for thier wives. We've had the most successful brand footballer ever launch from this club so you'd imagine the WAGs would be interested in starting a clothing brand, not a bad 9-5 for a footballers wife. We shouldn't begrudge them doing it just because results haven't been what they should be, because if we were winning the league this wouldn't even be a thread.

crossy1686

career ending

Personally I don't think there's anything wrong with it. My guess is it's a business for thier wives. We've had the most successful brand footballer ever launch from this club so you'd imagine the WAGs would be interested in starting a clothing brand, not a bad 9-5 for a footballers wife. We shouldn't begrudge them doing it just because results haven't been what they should be, because if we were winning the league this wouldn't even be a thread.
None of them are married...

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Imagine only being allowed one source of income. Imagine not being allowed any hobbies. Imagine working with a brand who choose when things are posted/released.

SirAF

Ageist
I can understand the desire to establish a brand, and I have really little against it, however, it does look a bit daft when it’s players who have done nothing in the game as of yet. Why would someone buy Lingard or Martial’s gear?

It’s more understandable and appropriate when we’re talking about Zlatan, Ronaldo and Messi et al.

Kostov

We are not winning the league with this kind of characters who think they made it just because they play for a shit Manchester United side. And to add to it, there is no leader player/coach to put them in their place.

Green_Red

None of them are married...
they have girlfriends though right?

Let's be fair to them... it's not like any of them are going to launch a successful software company. About the only two options available is clothes, or a magazine or something.

Let them be.

Green_Red

We are not winning the league with this kind of characters who think they made it just because they play for a shit Manchester United side. And to add to it, there is no leader player/coach to put them in their place.
It wasn't a problem when Beckham was doing it. Not sure if you remember those days or not?

crossy1686

career ending
Imagine only being allowed one source of income. Imagine not being allowed any hobbies. Imagine working with a brand who choose when things are posted/released.
Imagine having a job that made you a millionaire and then neglecting that job to chase something else that cost you money instead.

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
I absolutely hate it along the whole social media thing. These players will never know how lucky they are with their remuneration package they should solely focus on improving themselves and their ability/fitness in my opinion. We have players on our books earning in excess of £350k per week £1.5million per month. Why do they need a side venture? Baffling in my eyes really.

crossy1686

career ending
they have girlfriends though right?

Let's be fair to them... it's not like any of them are going to launch a successful software company. About the only two options available is clothes, or a magazine or something.

Let them be.
Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy, but here's my million pound business to run, don't feck it up baby.

Sang to the tune of 'Call me maybe'.

Green_Red

Imagine having a job that made you a millionaire and then neglecting that job to chase something else that cost you money instead.
imagine some jealous cnut questioning your every move as if they were some perfect person who made zero mistakes

pacifictheme

Non issue. This sort of stuff is whipped up by ex pros who were all in gambling clubs, drinking clubs (both far worse) or had lower profile business ventures.

What is it? 1 in 5 footballers go bankrupt after retiring? Seems smart to me to have other forms of income.