Brands: JLINGZ, JJO, Fierce, AM9, JM8, Paul Pogba Collection

Green_Red

Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy, but here's my million pound business to run, don't feck it up baby.

Sang to the tune of 'Call me maybe'.
is that the issue? that they've chosen to spend a million pounds of their own money doing whatever they want to do with it? Why do you actually even care?

ants7

1st picture :D christ, I nearly died.

I don't stomach a lot of things young privileged millionaires do these days but I can ignore it and I understand that I'm an old-fashioned miserable git. But it is annoying when you expect them do deliver it on the pitch and they don't do it. That's when it really gets on my nerves.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Imagine having a job that made you a millionaire and then neglecting that job to chase something else that cost you money instead.
Do they train? Yes. Do they play in matches? Yes. They don’t neglect it ffs.

crossy1686

career ending
is that the issue? that they've chosen to spend a million pounds of their own money doing whatever they want to do with it? Why do you actually even care?
Nah, it makes perfect sense. The people they surround themselves with are obviously extremely sensible and not exploitive in any way shape or form. I'm just glad I can finally get myself some underwhelming footballer clothes, I've been after some for a while...

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
It wasn't a problem when Beckham was doing it. Not sure if you remember those days or not?
Beckham didn’t act like a complete twirp though. He didn’t do silly dances on the pitch, put up videos online doing stupid stuff. Didn’t talk like a wannabe gangster. All this whilst we are embarrassing on the pitch.

I cringe when I see players like Lingards videos online, he’s a joke let’s be honest.

When I saw Lingard snap chatting whilst the bus was being pelted with bottles a part of my love for Manchester United died a bit.

Green_Red

Who's that then? Keane and Neville do alright.
Yea but each to their own, no one questioned Roy Keane signing a deal with Diadora back in the day and making plenty of money from it. I'm sure there were media commitments that came with it.

youmeletsfly

I do not give a god damn shit about a player's business and nobody should.

Ronaldo created a business empire while being at the top of the game for 15 years straight.

No offense towards fans that think otherwise, but I think we are taking it too far.

You can't judge someone's life or business just because he is a public person. They are not doing anything wrong, actually they're doing fine. They are investing other than spending money on 500 cars, babes and 500 tats.

20 years ago it was okay to come half drunk at games but now it is not okay to have your own business outside of football?

Last edited:

sugar_kane

Don't mind the Pogba one as he is undoubtedly a household name and it's just a tie in with Adidas who are his sponsor.

The Lingard thing is more annoying as it seemed to come off the back of one very average player having one semi-decent season and dragged the usually no-nonsense Rashford into it. And the clothes are shite (that photo in the OP, ffs...) at least Pogba's stuff is quite decent, if you like that sort of thing.

Never heard about the Alexis/Lukaku ones until today so guessing they are fairly low key with the PR and more for a bit of extra cash on the side.

The Martial one is just a bit sad, given that he lost the 9 shirt almost immediately afterwards.

The Mata one is harsh - as far as I can work out it extends to a website URL and a logo?

When Rio first did it, he was one of the only players doing it AFAIK - now it seems to be more of a standard thing for footballers to do.

crossy1686

career ending
Yea but each to their own, no one questioned Roy Keane signing a deal with Diadora back in the day and making plenty of money from it. I'm sure there were media commitments that came with it.
I agree with you. Sponsor commitments are a different thing and part of being a pro footballer. Having your own brand and starting a company of the back of the exposure you get from playing for United is self indulgent.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I'm so tired of these "This is everything that's wrong with the current United" posts, really. What's wrong is that they don't play well enough. Starting your own clothing brand or constantly participating in marketing events does not stop you from being a good footballer — look at Cristiano. If Lingard wouldn't release his clothes and Lukaku didn't start his own perfume line do you think that we would've finished in top 4? No.

"Does each spray only last for 20 mins before running out of strength and fading completely??"
This one is funny though.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
It's a reasonably new mindset in our civilisation, long overdue: just as children are individual people - not the possessions of their parents - so players aren't merely the property of their clubs. Some people need to update their attitudes.

Snafu17

Does anyone actually believe other than a few photos these guys have anything to do with it? This will all be handled by agents and other folk.. it is just a name attached.

If Lingard stopped selling hoodies he would become world class, is that what we saying?
Pretty much this. They're not designing the clothes themselves, they're not involved with the logistics or the marketing or anything else. They might no even be the ones that come up with the idea. They just do the photoshoot and show up at an event, once every few months, that's it. It's a complete non issue.

If anything I'd rather see players spend their days off mingling at a London streetwear fashion event, than getting wasted at a local pub, like in the good old days.

Last edited:

Marcelinho87

He won't be completely hands off otherwise what's the point in having it? He'll have someone that runs it but he's still the face, he won't have his own company selling clothes that he doesn't like and wouldn't wear himself. He'll be about as heavily involved as a CEO would.
Money?

When it comes to fragrances the celebrities are known to be totally hands off it is just seen as a quick buck for them... attach their name at no cost or downside and reap in royalties.

thaddy

Didn't Sanchez release his range day after a defeat to Liverpool or City? I saw before the last city game Lingard advertising 20% off DERBYDAY code. shambles of a club we have become

I dont mind what they do but i only have an issue if they use United to sell their products like this

ArjenIsM3

Mata does not deserve to be mentioned amongst those others.

What muppets actually buy these things? I wouldn’t even make my cat wear anything with JLingz printed on it or the other cats in the neighbourhood would laugh at her.

Anthony Martial's brand name AM9, released just before Zlatan arrived and he became AM11
:lol:
That’s funny. It just shows exactly how this club is run.
Yeah with complete disregard for the players' stupid brand names. As it should be.

crossy1686

career ending
Don't mind the Pogba one as he is undoubtedly a household name and it's just a tie in with Adidas who are his sponsor.

The Lingard thing is more annoying as it seemed to come off the back of one very average player having one semi-decent season and dragged the usually no-nonsense Rashford into it. And the clothes are shite (that photo in the OP, ffs...) at least Pogba's stuff is quite decent, if you like that sort of thing.

Never heard about the Alexis/Lukaku ones until today so guessing they are fairly low key with the PR and more for a bit of extra cash on the side.

The Martial one is just a bit sad, given that he lost the 9 shirt almost immediately afterwards.

The Mata one is harsh - as far as I can work out it extends to a website URL and a logo?

When Rio first did it, he was one of the only players doing it AFAIK - now it seems to be more of a standard thing for footballers to do.
The Sanchez one is for South America I think and Lukaku hasn't launched properly yet, this is a pre launch in a big American clothing chain.

crossy1686

career ending
Money?

When it comes to fragrances the celebrities are known to be totally hands off it is just seen as a quick buck for them... attach their name at no cost or downside and reap in royalties.
There is rarely a case where celebrity branding, especially those with deep allegiances to a particular club or organisation are successful in these things. I would say it's ill advised ego inflating ventures.

izec

It may or may not affect some player's performances in some capacity, but you cant control that. It is the world we live in, the club needs to assemble a quality team. Brands or not, we havent done that and going forward, it doesnt look great

CallyRed

If the likes of Lingard, Lukaku etc were any good, people wouldn't have a problem.

NoLogo

I really don't care what they do of the pitch. The pitch is the only thing that counts for me and if they play shit, they going to get shit on by me if they play well I'm going to praise them, everything else just doesn't interest me. Not who they date, not what they wear, where they eat or where they live. I have zero interest in football players outside of the pitch or "stars" in general and this will never change.

crossy1686

career ending
If the likes of Lingard, Lukaku etc were any good, people wouldn't have a problem.
If you have something like this though you're always going to get stick if the team or you are performing badly. I don't understand why you would open yourself up for the criticism.

Jinn

It wasn't a problem when Beckham was doing it. Not sure if you remember those days or not?
No it wasn't, because Beckham, Ronaldo, Messi, Zlatan etc. knew where their bread was buttered and that's on the football pitch!

I feel that this bunch of softies we have would rather be injured so they could continue with their off field exploits.
While this may not be true, but this is the perception I have of some of these guys.

R'hllor

Who cares, they trying to make best of it, for them selfs, for their families, in any possible way. Nothing wrong with that, What they doing on the pitch on other hand is different matter.

Jinn

I'm so tired of these "This is everything that's wrong with the current United" posts, really. What's wrong is that they don't play well enough. Starting your own clothing brand or constantly participating in marketing events does not stop you from being a good footballer — look at Cristiano. If Lingard wouldn't release his clothes and Lukaku didn't start his own perfume line do you think that we would've finished in top 4? No.

This one is funny though.
You right, they just not good enough. They shouldn't represent this club.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Wankers, the lot of them apart from Mata obviously. That's what we are today, a springboard for average players who want to promote their shitty brands with our name.

Green_Red

No it wasn't, because Beckham, Ronaldo, Messi, Zlatan etc. knew where their bread was buttered and that's on the football pitch!

I feel that this bunch of softies we have would rather be injured so they could continue with their off field exploits.
While this may not be true, but this is the perception I have of some of these guys.
I think your perception is being clouded by the fact that we've finished where we have, thats all. This wasn't an issue when we beat PSG away from home and we were all living in the glory. If we'd finished in the top 4, this thread wouldn't have been created. feck, if we'd won the league probably all the people whinging would be wearing Lingards et. al branded clothes.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I have no idea why this sort of thing upsets people.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
It's sad how much people care about what other people wear and what other people do. You're arguing about men who kick a ball around a grass pitch not being allowed to wear fake glasses when they're not kicking a ball because it means that they won't kick that ball as well as they usually would without it.

If they're not good enough then fine but it has nothing to do with them releasing a clothing line. Do I think that people should be making a ton of money from putting on some clothes or standing in front of a coloured door? ('Influencers'). No. But they do. Will many of these players regret not reaching the heights of football? Perhaps, perhaps not. They're their own people and they're not controlled by the fans as to what they do and do not do, they're controlled by the employers who expect them to train, play when they're asked to, and commit to certain media roles which they all do.

If you think it's bollocks then don't give them this platform to promote and expose their various outlets. There are plenty of people who do stuff like this. Hamilton in F1 pursues music and fashion in his spare time, Ronaldo in football etc. Does it effect their footballing ability? No, because they're capable enough and personally have the drive to get to the very top aside from what the club/team they play/drive for wants. Perhaps these players just aren't and they have no reason to push themselves to a limit which the club doesn't ask of them if they don't wish to. You as a fan might dislike that but tough shit, they're not playing for you.

Lentwood

For me it tells me a couple of things;

A) These players think they are/want to be celebrities

B) These players believe they have made it to the point where sticking their name on a piece of tat will see it fly off the shelves

As per, the usual posters who totally miss the point have popped up defending them

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Threads like this I just shake my head at. It ends up with a load of angry, average people with nothing better to do than sit online moaning, taking apart other more successful people. Don't you see the irony here? You're literally lamenting people being productive in their free time, following some hobbies and passions, instead of doing what exactly?

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Lingard and Rashford look like such a smug pair of cnuts on that picture.
I dunno, I think they look sheepish and awkward. They've seen star players like Neymar dress in this 'look at me' style & perhaps think they should do similar in order to stand out.

Jinn

I think your perception is being clouded by the fact that we've finished where we have, thats all. This wasn't an issue when we beat PSG away from home and we were all living in the glory. If we'd finished in the top 4, this thread wouldn't have been created. feck, if we'd won the league probably all the people whinging would be wearing Lingards et. al branded clothes.
That's the problem, we didn't even come close.
The fans out there celebrating the PSG win...this is the problem. Most fans don't think further than the tip of their nose.
Mediocrity is cancer, once it sets in, death is on the way. We, Manchester fecking United, was excited about beating PS fecking G. My word how we have fallen.
These is the same as people celebrating finishing second last year.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I have no idea why this sort of thing upsets people.
Because... 'confirmation bias is a type of cognitive bias that involves favouring information that confirms your previously existing beliefs or biases'.

Something like that I presume.

For me the only person here who might be affected is Rashy and that's because he's turned into a bit of an egotist on the pitch so maybe it has something to do with his outside interests? Total guesswork. I'd put his affiliation with FIFA's Journey mode higher if anything.

Last edited:

BigRon1985

The Sanchez one makes me want to throw up! Like I’ve said before on here no one would care about their off the field activities if they were delivering on it on a regular basis. Their arrogance is simply staggering - have they no shame?