Brands: JLINGZ, JJO, Fierce, AM9, JM8, Paul Pogba Collection

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Good to see the JLingz brand finally getting the attention it deserves.

Sylar

This will go over well given circumstances around the country right now :lol:

Brightonian

Fascinated to find out what that weird curved table behind Luiz is for... but I refuse to take even a second to look into it. Someone educate me? Is it a table-tennis table where my smashes would be even less returnable than they already are? :angel:

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Fascinated to find out what that weird curved table behind Luiz is for... but I refuse to take even a second to look into it. Someone educate me? Is it a table-tennis table where my smashes would be even less returnable than they already are? :angel:

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
"Just woke up and done a work out with the boys" - which one is it Jesse!? Which one is it?

Used to love watching cribs as a teen, didn't know it was still a thing?

Tiber

Look at my multi-million pound home! Very tasteful as the country heads into a recession

Luke1995

It isn't a problem as long as the club is where it should be: Challenging and sometimes winning the big titles.

Beckham was a brand as soon as he became a mainstay in the first team but because he worked hard to improve his skills and actually delivered when it mattered most, the fans didn't care about him releasing his personal stuff

Our current players, they use the exposure given by the club to enhance their personal brands without giving the club anything in return

crossy1686

career ending
Did a quick check to see how these guys are getting on and updated the very first post with the details but I'll post here as well.

JLINGZ: Net worth -£210k, operating at a massive loss.
JJO: Sanchez's Clothing line shut down.
AM9: Martial's website shut down, no longer trading iPhone cases and other shite.
JM8: Still going strong as a blog.
Fierce: Aftershave is still sold at Abercrombie and Fitch but is not associated with Lukaku any more.
PPC: ADIDAS into season 2 of the Paul Pogba collection.

Seems like someone at United got a hold of this brand stuff and had a word with people?

Dante

Average bang
Did a quick check to see how these guys are getting on and updated the very first post with the details but I'll post here as well.

AM9: Martial's website shut down, no longer trading iPhone cases and other shite.
Fierce: Aftershave is still sold at Abercrombie and Fitch but is not associated with Lukaku any more.

Seems like someone at United got a hold of this brand stuff and had a word with people?
This reminds me of rich girl I used to know. She had access to her daddy's credit card and never needed to work a day in her life. Despite that, she started up a 'brand' on Etsy selling crappy home-made crystal jewellery. She didn't earn any money from it, but that was besides the point. For her, it was more about playing the role of a designer, living out a fantasy and keeping herself busy.

Wealthy people do this shit all the time. From playing in shitty bands (Russell Crowe), to painting artwork (George Bush), to launching brands of alcohol (George Clooney), to releasing a new perfume (a thousand other people). The primary motivation is not to earn money - they're already filthy rich. It's just a fun little side project to allow them to fulfil their creative urges and childhood dreams. These are labours of love, not office admin jobs.

When I was a kid, I remember creating my own logo out of my initials and coming up with products I could put it on. It's one of those thing that most people do for a bit of fun when they're growing up. But celebrities have the freedom to make it real when they're adults. More power to them.

I have no problem with any of these brands. Everyone needs a hobby.

Last edited:

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout

So the moral of the story is... start a blog?

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Fair play giving the profits to the NHS, it's also a good way to get his brand out there so it's a win win for everyone, though at £12 a mask it's more than a little excessive, a mask like his without the logo would be £6, so his valuation of his brand seems way off.

If he pumped these out for £5-6 I'd imagine there would be a lot more people buying them just because they're masks rather than for who he is.

Side note, I wonder how much Gucci and Louis Vuitton would sell masks for?

pixel

This reminds me of rich girl I used to know. She had access to her daddy's credit card and never needed to work a day in her life. Despite that, she started up a 'brand' on Etsy selling crappy home-made crystal jewellery. She didn't earn any money from it, but that was besides the point. For her, it was more about playing the role of a designer, living out a fantasy and keeping herself busy.

Wealthy people do this shit all the time. From playing in shitty bands (Russell Crowe), to painting artwork (George Bush), to launching brands of alcohol (George Clooney), to releasing a new perfume (a thousand other people). The primary motivation is not to earn money - they're already filthy rich. It's just a fun little side project to allow them to fulfil their creative urges and childhood dreams. These are labours of love, not office admin jobs.

When I was a kid, I remember creating my own logo out of my initials and coming up with products I could put it on. It's one of those thing that most people do for a bit of fun when they're growing up. But celebrities have the freedom to make it real when they're adults. More power to them.

Good post.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Yeah, it is pretty much this, isn’t it? It also helps them get close friends and families “jobs” so they’re not just literally mooching around. They are physically doing something (be it packaging iPhone cases or running a website) on a day to day basis.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Surely for these brands to work, you need to be an absolute superstar. Your name needs to be iconic (CR7, Björn Borg etc...)

JLingz has absolutely no hope of becoming a top brand, because no one desperately wants an average squad players name on their underwear or socks. There is no market for it, even if he does play for United (occasionally)

I don’t really understand why an unfashionable, veteran defensive midfielder suddenly needs a new logo either. Can’t even imagine what he is promoting or why he would need it to promote himself at this stage.

Based Adnan

Surely for these brands to work, you need to be an absolute superstar. Your name needs to be iconic (CR7, Björn Borg etc...)

JLingz has absolutely no hope of becoming a top brand, because no one desperately wants an average squad players name on their underwear or socks. There is no market for it, even if he does play for United (occasionally)

I don’t really understand why an unfashionable, veteran defensive midfielder suddenly needs a new logo either. Can’t even imagine what he is promoting or why he would need it to promote himself at this stage.
You're vastly underselling Jlingz there. In his own words....