Brands: JLINGZ, JJO, Fierce, AM9, JM8, Paul Pogba Collection

norm87cro

Honestly we should just embrace some of this ridicilous logos and brands giving the quality of the players who are behind it. Leave the outrage for the match day threads this one should be us fans taking a piss. Everytime I hear Jlingz it just makes me giggle a little inside.

clarkydaz

Cool logo, but not sure what he's intending to do with it. He's not exactly the most fashionable player.

Then again, everyone has to start from somewhere. As long as it doesn't have a negative effect on his performances good luck to him (same as our other players who have their brands).
isnt it a bit late in the day for this at 32? Boody hell retirement isnt far off

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
isnt it a bit late in the day for this at 32? Boody hell retirement isnt far off
Maybe that's why he's doing it. He might be starting to plan out what he intends to do after retirement, perhaps fashion or fragrances or something like that. So this is him starting to put the groundwork in for that.

ps. This comment makes 32 sound like an old person. I don't like it :( :lol:

RoyH1

Surely for these brands to work, you need to be an absolute superstar. Your name needs to be iconic (CR7, Björn Borg etc...)

JLingz has absolutely no hope of becoming a top brand, because no one desperately wants an average squad players name on their underwear or socks. There is no market for it, even if he does play for United (occasionally)

I don’t really understand why an unfashionable, veteran defensive midfielder suddenly needs a new logo either. Can’t even imagine what he is promoting or why he would need it to promote himself at this stage.
Absolutely spot on. If you're going to be a sportsman moving on to the fashion business, you better have been a legend at what you did.

Renegade

I’d imagine Matic has a decent following in his home country no?

I do wonder why footballers can’t be a bit more original though.

initials x squad number. Yawn.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Players have a lot of spare time. 20-30 years ago most of them spent that spare time drinking and fighting at the pub. These days they create fashion brands and play video games. I know which one I prefer.
I'm on your side mate absolutely - fighting in the pub used to keep our players sharp and combative, translates well to the pitch.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Surely for these brands to work, you need to be an absolute superstar. Your name needs to be iconic (CR7, Björn Borg etc...)

JLingz has absolutely no hope of becoming a top brand, because no one desperately wants an average squad players name on their underwear or socks. There is no market for it, even if he does play for United (occasionally)

I don’t really understand why an unfashionable, veteran defensive midfielder suddenly needs a new logo either. Can’t even imagine what he is promoting or why he would need it to promote himself at this stage.
Not only that, but he can’t be far off retirement - what’s the point!?

Stadjer

Didnt even Zlatan his brand fail? He didnt use his own name on it if i remember correct, something called AZ?

GiddyUp

The only thing I would buy that was designed and branded by a footballer would be the Dimitar Berbatov range (if he had one). That guy is one cool cat.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
He is living in fantasy land. He is nearly 30 years old but has the maturity of a child.

Red_toad

He is living in fantasy land. He is nearly 30 years old but has the maturity of a child.
He’s just turned 28, which isn’t nearly 30. Not encountered him personally, yes he does come across as immature, but so what? People on here really cling onto unhealthy feelings about people they know jack all about. Jesse will be gone soon enough, I hope this helps with whatever issue you have with him, it seems very personal. Maybe you’re the one living in some odd fantasy land?

Matriac

https://jlingz.com/collections/sale

Phone cases down to £0.99 now. Remarkable offer folks!
They probably cost around that to make anyway. He's just clearing out stock (most of his collection) like any store does. Especially for things that don't sell forever (phone shapes changing for new gens etc).
If he sold any at £18 or even £10 they were prob profitable.

It's a hobby for them, and since they can some people really enjoy making their own swag for branding and giving out to family/friends.
Selling it just gives an opportunity to reach some fans and somewhat justify the collection designed/produced for his own gift giving.

I work in an industry where the company often gives out lots of branded swag for free to friends/contacts. Part of it to help branding, but also cause it feels cool to give away stuff.

Roane

Isn't his kind of thing for tax reasons in UK?

Have to say not really clued up on tax etc but I did hear that some of the bigger earners can have another enterprise that isn't doing so well as it helps with tax. Someone more clues up may be able to explain if this is true.

It's similar to some setting up a charity. On the face of it it looks good and generous but often it's to do with tax or using the money to pay relatives etc. Certainly seemed to be the case with Beckham's charity for special needs kids.

Zen86

I was going to ask who on earth actually buys this stuff, but then I saw a JLingz jacket that isn't too bad :nervous:

redmanx

I dont give a rats what players get up to outside football as long as its not illegal, immoral or corrupt and doesn't bring football or their clubs into disrepute, and I care even less about those who dont play for Manchester United. What I do care about is that Manchester United players committ themselves 100% to the Club and team during both the season proper and pre season training and let their agents or business managers look after their outside interests. I dont think this is too much to ask but there are some at United who see football and the Club simply as something to enhance their own images and line their pockets. Sadly Lingaard fell into this category, no doubt encouraged by a certain senior player, we all know who, with his own "brand" and so called "celebrity" who started believing his own hype. A player wants to sell clothing, fine, go work at M&S!

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I dont give a rats what players get up to outside football as long as its not illegal, immoral or corrupt and doesn't bring football or their clubs into disrepute, and I care even less about those who dont play for Manchester United. What I do care about is that Manchester United players committ themselves 100% to the Club and team during both the season proper and pre season training and let their agents or business managers look after their outside interests. I dont think this is too much to ask but there are some at United who see football and the Club simply as something to enhance their own images and line their pockets. Sadly Lingaard fell into this category, no doubt encouraged by a certain senior player, we all know who, with his own "brand" and so called "celebrity" who started believing his own hype. A player wants to sell clothing, fine, go work at M&S!
That's a bit harsh on Mata? He does a lot of good things for charity and seems like a nice bloke.

redmanx

That's a bit harsh on Mata? He does a lot of good things for charity and seems like a nice bloke.
I didn't mention Mata and I certainly did not mean him; Mata has outside interests and as I already said theres nothing wrong with that, but playing for United has always come first just as it does with most of the others. I didn't want to name names but the ones I referred to are Pogba, Lingaard and Rashford. Lingaard has now left and, to be fair, Rashford seems to be getting his act together; as for Pogba, well, with him its all about his "brand" and "image" always was and always will be.