Brazilian Ronaldo becomes majority shareholder in Real Valladolid

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Ronaldo has bought a 51% stake in Real Valladolid for 27.4m. He's set to keep the president in place and take position as the head of the board of directors.

He's the first former footballer to become an owner of a European team.

Surprising hes dropped that sort of cash on a team he has no affiliation with. Hope he does well, he was the best player I've ever seen.

jesperjaap

Surprising hes dropped that sort of cash on a team he has no affiliation with. Hope he does well, he was the best player I've ever seen.
Maradona still for me....but only saw him in world cups so skewed. Brazilian Ronaldo probably my favourite and best seen regularly, made all the more amazing by the fact he carried significant injuries pretty much his whole career, imagine what he would be worth now in his prime? I still cant believe Barcelona let him slip over the contract after just one season, what a season that was though, he really was unplayable, only seen a handful of players have a season liek that Messi, our Ronaldo and Van Basten

Maradona still for me....but only saw him in world cups so skewed. Brazilian Ronaldo probably my favourite and best seen regularly, made all the more amazing by the fact he carried significant injuries pretty much his whole career, imagine what he would be worth now in his prime? I still cant believe Barcelona let him slip over the contract after just one season, what a season that was though, he really was unplayable, only seen a handful of players have a season liek that Messi, our Ronaldo and Van Basten
I only really saw Maradona at the tail end of his career. I was too young for the 86 World Cup and only have the vaguest recollection of 1990.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Is he actually gonna make money with this? Anyone care to provide some financial insights?

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Some interesting quotes about it here.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I'm always in awe when I watch Ronaldo #9 compilations on YouTube. Absolutely amazing footballer at his peak. What a joy.

Hoof the ball

Maybe fitness science and training wasn't as good back then.

He never seemed like that kind of guy who likes to hit the gym though.
Then again, if you've got hypothyroidism it might appear as though you're not serious about the gym, but in Ronaldo's circumstances, it took daily training, gym work and great nutrition just to stay as slim as he did. He was a great trainer.

Also, it wasn't just the injuries themselves. Unfortunately, hypothyroidism has a major effect in weakening the area around the knees, which accounts for Ronaldo's proneness to injury in the first place.

meamth

Then again, if you've got hypothyroidism it might appear as though you're not serious about the gym, but in Ronaldo's circumstances, it took daily training, gym work and great nutrition just to stay as slim as he did. He was a great trainer.

Also, it wasn't just the injuries themselves. Unfortunately, hypothyroidism has a major effect in weakening the area around the knees, which accounts for Ronaldo's proneness to injury in the first place.
I'm not aware about him having that condition! Apologies to Ronaldo.

You're right, there's no doubt about him being the goat if not for his injuries.