Breaking - Elon Musk says he will not buy Manchester United

Chairman Steve

I don’t think him buying United fits with his ambitions. Musk wants to be essentially the King of Global Lobbyists at minimum, and having a sports club doesn’t fit that, unless this is just a fun side project for him and he can buy United just because he can.

The only interesting thing to come from it is looking deeper and seeing the stock activity. Musk likes to do stockmarket stuff and he knows he has influence over it and has got in trouble before for stock manipulation (see dogecoin), so best case scenario is he’s not going to be buying United but he might know people who are, or he’s noticed a stock trend that will lead to someone buying it, therefore he makes that tweet.

lsd

The Oracle
Would he just be looking to guage reaction and is actually considering it?

OverratedOpinion

Imagine being an actual billionaire and still being this desperate for attention. Feels very odd to me.

Marcelinho87

Imagine being an actual billionaire and still being this desperate for attention. Feels very odd to me.
Money doesn't buy you real friends.

Anyhow, all jokes aside.... If he did ever consider then it would be perfect for him, he has a constant need for likes/attention on social media.. Who bigger than United to feed from that?

crossy1686

career ending
Thanks for clarification on this. Interesting indeed.
No worries, it’s premarket now and it’s interesting to see that the price has gapped up from the 12.76 close last night to 13.22 right now. The market isn’t even open yet so this is low volume but quite a few people have put big money down at this point.

LARulz

Someone add this to this to the OP and update the thread title, he just tweeted 4 hours ago that he was joking!

This tweet was also posted 4 hours ago in the thread. Nobody took it seriously anyway

fezzerUTD

Do we want Musk as the owner?

Honestly, prefer Bezos.

Musk is an egomaniac,
this can be good and bad.

Bad, he draws kind of circus we want rid of.

Good, he would actually invest heavily as he knows success for the club increases his global spotlight.

United need so much investment on the field and off it too. New facilities, stadium, training grounds for both men and women teams.
Car crash alert.

red thru&thru

No worries, it’s premarket now and it’s interesting to see that the price has gapped up from the 12.76 close last night to 13.22 right now. The market isn’t even open yet so this is low volume but quite a few people have put big money down at this point.
There is clear things happening. But as always, no one truly knows.

It's just weird timing of Musk's tweet, even though we all know he's not serious.

GazTheLegend

@Devil_forever agree, thread needs a title change before people get too excited. Elon said it was a joke, there's no reason for him to ever buy a sports team..

The best thing that this has achieved is that if it becomes THE most liked tweet in history, that might give one a few publicity loving billionaires food for thought. Clearly United hasn't shrunk in appeal just yet if that absolutely Insane sort of engagement is still possible. It's irritating that the Glazers know exactly what they have the reins to and will cling on like a shit manager clinging on to a job they know they will never get again, but perhaps this opens the door just a crack...

OverratedOpinion

He is alone and sad in the Tesla factory
I just can't imagine that John Rockefeller was going to the town square and shouting jokes he had heard from kids about his nearest baseball team or whatever. Social media brings out the weird in people.

Red Star One

He’s an attention seeking clown and I’m upset seeing fellow United fans being trolled and provoked by this idiot. Ignore this miserable tool.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I like the sound of an owner that is trying to own the galaxy rather than one who is doing nothing at all.

red thru&thru

Elon would be very eccentric, yes. But at this moment in time, it seems someone like him is what can get Glazers out.

Also, he would definitely revamp the whole stadium etc. He'd bring in best in class when it came to people running the club.

The only worry would be, he'd probably be too hands on.

Seveneric

Not sure who's more idiotic, this irritating billionaire WUM who still posts like a 4chan user, or the people who hang on to his every word.

Also Conor McGregor said he wants to buy the club

But my hope is in Andrew Tate
Jordan Peterson as DoF.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I don't see why news outlets are reporting that he's jokingly said he'll buy United.

Some people stay in the news cycle no matter what

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
He's the king of PR. He will always do anything to keep his name in the headlines.
He’s not a ‘king’ of PR. He’s a monumental bell end and a fandom has developed around him that pushes his banality into the wider public sphere.

He’s Andrew Tait with an extra comma.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
I believe it started as a joke when he said he’s up for buying Twitter then a year later or so he became serious.

Someone

Something
The good thing about this is that it'll draw more attention to what's happening at the club. I wouldn't put it past Musk to actually consider doing it after seeing the reaction, but others will take note too.

RedDevilMachine

I am more surprised why a thread was created for this. It's so clear Elon Musk is taking the piss and you all fell for it.

Glorio

I am more surprised why a thread was created for this. It's so clear Elon Musk is taking the piss and you all fell for it.
Don't take yourself so seriously, it's a forum and an interesting conversation point that our name came up. Great distraction from all the phantom transfer rumours randomly popping up.
Unsure most folks actually believed it (might be wrong here though!).

Strelok

It's not that odd if you have a look at the Maslow's hierarchy of needs. Tbh if I'm as rich as this guy I'll buy United and make it great again just so generations of fans will worship me :D

ThinkTank@Cafe

Any attention is welcome. Especially from the likes of Elon Musk. Rich people seek to turn their money into attention. They actually are so rich because they want attention. Musk tweet generated a lot of interest. Im sure a couple of multibillion asses moved off their sofas now and considering a bid.

This tweet means “Glazers are not efficient”, let’s kick them out. In the same manner as the Glazer family ousted lesser British investors who failed to recognize MUFC marketability. This is how capitalism works.

Fr. Todd Unctious

Not sure who's more idiotic, this irritating billionaire WUM who still posts like a 4chan user, or the people who hang on to his every word.

Jordan Peterson as DoF.

This 100%

It truly amazes me the amount of fellas who hang on his every word. They'd clap like seals if he as much farted. Look at the whole Twitter fiasco. He bid for it "for a laugh" and then crapped himself when Twitter accepted it