Breaking - Elon Musk says he will not buy Manchester United

Raven

He's arguably the worst human being on the planet, keep him the feck away from this club.

acolyte

Are you serious? He's one of the most important humans to have ever been born for the survival of the human race.
JFC the Musk fanboys need to get over themselves. He's a fraud who'll say whatever it takes to bump the stock price of his companies and to get 14 year old boys to like his tweets.

There's not going to be any Tesla full self driving this decade, there's not going to be a working AI robot by the end of this year, and SpaceX (or anybody else) certainly ain't going to put a million people on Mars by 2050.

Strelok

He's arguably the worst human being on the planet, keep him the feck away from this club.
That title belongs to Putin I think. Anyway just a bit curious what did he do to deserve that title?

rabnub

We have some pretty bad people on the planet.. I am not really sure how Elon Musk even enters into that conversation to be honest!
Only good thing to come out of the tweet is it keeps attention on ownership of the club. There are other billionaires out there who might take notice of the tweet and its ridiculous engagement... There are lots out there like Musk who live off that sort of engagement on social media.

acolyte

A lot of his other projects ARE jokes, but not without purpose.

Think, what did he do by entering a purchase agreement for Twitter? He made them contractually obligated to reveal all their bots, algorithms and secrets to him; the very secrets they refused to share with him just a few years before when he made a public call for transparency. And since the very nature of their business strategy involves lying about their actual user numbers, he had a back door out of the deal….
Actually the purchase agreement he happily signed doesn't say anything at all about user numbers so no, he doesn't have a back door out of the deal. That's why he's been dragged into court for trying to weasel out of it.

And ended up with the information he wanted all along, for free.
And what exactly has this accomplished? He got a firehouse of information he doesn't understand or know what to do with.

glasgow 21

To keep the theme, the header should be "Musk Says No to joining Utd"

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
If he does buy United, of course, he will remove the board. They consist mainly of the Glazers.

Secondly, Musk is nearly 100 times richer than the Glazers combined. And your fantasy DOF is Rangnick? He's not the best DOF out there -- though probably the mouthiest one. With Elon around, there can only be one mouthy one.
I don't want to take a chance with another dof doling out clean slates to this lot.

crossy1686

career ending
There is clear things happening. But as always, no one truly knows.

It's just weird timing of Musk's tweet, even though we all know he's not serious.
In regards to the stock market and people who play options, it’s very much risk assessed gambling.

Someone knew Musk was going to tweet something yesterday (probably him or a family member) and loaded up on calls. The people who have got involved since will be hoping there’s a bunch of people jumping on this non story (which there will be) who will push the price up further before they sell their call options. There’s also a bunch of algorithms looking for unusual volume and will have picked up shares based on that spike.

What I predict is the stock will run to over 15 today and probably fall quickly back down to around 12-13 before close. It could run for multiple days, depends if the volume sticks. However, in my opinion there’s not a takeover happening otherwise we’d have seen a lot more big bids coming in.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Clearly this guy is no better at comedy that he is at buying twitter... it's a joke, he now says. About as funny as a colonoscopy!

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Would absolutely hate to see the club as a billionaire egomaniac's plaything. Would be in par with the Saudis buying the club, for different reasons, but both we feel completely hollow.

We can be a self-sustainable club. We don't need owners who plough in money. We just need owners who do the very simple thing of hiring best in class and step aside.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
I like how he connects the Man United tweet to another tweet on US Politics.

Clearly he has already identified key areas of the pitch where we need reinforcement, central midfield, as opposed to spending big on the left and right wings.

Astute way to put pressure on the Glazers to replace McFred.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
Actually the purchase agreement he happily signed doesn't say anything at all about user numbers so no, he doesn't have a back door out of the deal. That's why he's been dragged into court for trying to weasel out of it.

And what exactly has this accomplished? He got a firehouse of information he doesn't understand or know what to do with.
None of what you said is true. ALL purchase agreements in takeovers of this type have clauses pertaining to fraud based on the company being purchased over inflating it’s value with false information. Lying about the number of active users, and the very basics about how your business works fits this criteria.

What did he learn? Well, he’s still fighting for that. A court just decided Twitter only had to give him one bot checkers data. I doubt it will stop there though since, as purchaser, he is far enough along in the process he has a right to that sort of info if the company has it, and they do. Plus, one bit checkers data may be enough for him.

You don’t think it’s strange that they were horrified and desperate to keep him from trying to buy Twitter…and now they are desperate to hold him to the purchase? They aren’t stupid either. They knew what his purchase attempt would mean for them. Their primary hope now is he won’t completely rip them open if he is forced to follow through. There are a lot more malicious things with Twitter going on than Kylie Jenner renting 3/4’s of her followers.

Last edited:

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Weird that he cops out by saying it is a long running joke on Twitter.

To the best of my knowledge, nobody ever made that joke.

CarbonStoolBites

I rather the Glazers stay for another decade than this weirdo manchild charlatan getting anywhere near this club.