Glazers looking to sell off a minority share & bring in a new Investor

Oranges038

Tweet says a minority but thread title says majority.

Are you The Sun?

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Re: Title. -I quickly changed it - i got too excited sorry

Skills

Snitch
Haven't they already done that with the IPO? How much of Utd do they still own?

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
Minority shares for the club would be a disastrous situation.
It would give the glazers a nice cash out which we would see next to nothing on.
New investors would likely want a ROI and therefore dividends taken out on an annual basis.
Finally if someone wanted to take majority ownership, they would have to buy out the minority stakeholders share as well as the publically traded one.
It basically makes us worth more but with no return into the business.

Pathetic. DO NOT WANT.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
They will sell the club

Ghostrider318

Would anyone want to buy us now though ( even a minority stake ) ? We're worth what, ~4bn pounds and on top of that we have a ton of debt , terrible squad and decaying stadium. Unless we go for like 1bn I dont see how any money man will want to touch us with a 10 foot pole ? Because we need a TON of money to fox the squad and the stadium

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
If they are starting to wobble it’s time to go for the jugular and force the rats out

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Interesting, they may actually be looking to sell.

I wonder what would prompt such a course of action.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I’m suspicious this is purely to try and defuse likely protests on Monday…

Chairman Steve

If it’s true then Musk must have got wind of something, and it wasn’t him purely shitposting.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
This will pay for the stadium and training facilities upgrade while the glazers keep the power. The fan share is also just more cash flow in their pocket while they decide what to do. Feckers will eventually walk away with billions having not spent a single penny of their own.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Playing the fanbase like a fiddle. No doubt this will send social media into overdrive and keep the fanbase occupied for the next two weeks as the club continue to blindly stumble through another transfer window.

Gandalf

Would anyone want to buy us now though ( even a minority stake ) ? We're worth what, ~4bn pounds and on top of that we have a ton of debt , terrible squad and decaying stadium. Unless we go for like 1bn I dont see how any money man will want to touch us with a 10 foot pole ? Because we need a TON of money to fox the squad and the stadium
There would be a long line of serious buyers if we were up for sale. Form on the pitch is transient and can be changed pretty quickly by competent management installing the right people and the infrastructure issues are not so daunting as to put anyone off. Look at the Chelsea situation, all of the investors involved in bids for Chelsea knew that a squad rebuild was coming and either a new or massively renovated stadium was needed and they still were happy to go to 4bn plus. As much of a meme as we have become lately the Manchester United brand is still massive in a commercial sense and the type of people who would bid are the sort of alpha mentality types who will believe that they are the ones who can turn it all around.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I think the Glazers want to sell but know that selling won't be easy so they'll do it peacemill.

FriedClams

Cant wait to see the back of these guys, but I can sort of understand why they are so out of touch. Malcolm went from selling watches for his fathers business to creating one of the most powerful and rich families in America. Why would anyone in that family think that someone had better ideas than them, they are billionaires and its a different mindset.

Ghostrider318

I have question around our debt - If lets say someone buys us for 5bn. Does that 5bn go to the glazers pocket ? or does some of that money pay of their wretched debt as well ?