Brendan Rodgers | Rejoins Celtic on 3 year deal

Bojan11

I was surprised he took Iheanacho off, when they needed a goal.

It was costly against Bournemouth.

FriendlyFox

Supports
Leicester City
I was surprised he took Iheanacho off, when they needed a goal.

It was costly against Bournemouth.
He really seems to hate Iheanacho.

It drives me up the wall, because he's looked more threatening than Vardy, post lockdown, and offers far more in the build up play.

Djemba-Djemba

He really seems to hate Iheanacho.

It drives me up the wall, because he's looked more threatening than Vardy, post lockdown, and offers far more in the build up play.
Looked by far your most dangerous player in the first half.

Was a relief to see him go off , Perez did nothing.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
In the Press conference before the match when he said even if we don’t get a result it is still a good season pretty much sums him up. What a shit mentality after being in 2nd for a while and closest challenger to Pool. Absolute bottler.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Ah, Brenda lost the plot again. Not surprising really.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
I just knew this game would end up in typical 2014 Anfield fashion from him when the pressure's on. Even the Lingard goal at the end paying tribute to Willian tapping into a empty net. Sums it up really.

GenZRed

One poster on here who is a know-it-all told me that Leicester City 'will be fine' with regards to Top 4. Now while they have done alright considering this is only the second Premiership season in which they have qualified for Europa, most people thought a while back they were nailed on to finish Top 4.

Certainly will be disappointment among the Leicester fans. Ah well. I'm glad for us more than anything. Roll on next season!

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
His record in Europe is rubbish just like it was with us. Leicester will rue dropping into EL with him, couldn't handle the Thurs/Sun routine at all.
This. They played an open game against Psg/Barcelona/Bayern and got hammered 7-0 etc.

He will have Leicester doing the same and they’ll be punished

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Once they won the league, they were never going to just accept being top 10 anymore. So we can't criticise some of their fans getting a bit keen on themselves.

After their start to the season, and holding a huge points difference over us, they must be disappointed with how it panned out.

It's a huge chance blown, as they certainly won't be overhauling City or Liverpool next season. Us and Chelsea will hopefully/are spending heavily.
Tottenham and Arsenal surely will improve, so Leicester might find they're battling for top 7/8 next season.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
In the Press conference before the match when he said even if we don’t get a result it is still a good season pretty much sums him up. What a shit mentality after being in 2nd for a while and closest challenger to Pool. Absolute bottler.
Eh? He said nothing wrong and to be fair to the guy he has 3 out of 4 defenders missing and no Maddison on top. He's done a top job with Leicester in his debut season - that much isn't really even up for debate. Finished above the likes of Wolves, Spurs, Arsenal and was never expected to in season one, walking in without Maguire and no outside replacement.

Fussball13251

He deff fked it. United were 13 points or something behind him not too long again.... but United end up 3rd and Leicester outside 4

RDCR07

Eh? He said nothing wrong and to be fair to the guy he has 3 out of 4 defenders missing and no Maddison on top. He's done a top job with Leicester in his debut season - that much isn't really even up for debate. Finished above the likes of Wolves, Spurs, Arsenal and was never expected to in season one, walking in without Maguire and no outside replacement.
He didn’t say anything wrong? When you’re fighting for the top 4 spot and your manager before the game says even if we don’t win then it’s a good season that’s not good in my opinion. That’s telling your players it’s ok to not to get a win.

If he ended the season in 5th hovering in 5th, 6th, 7th places all year then yes it’s a good season. After being as high in 2nd back in December I think and in the top four since September and being 14 points ahead of us in Jan it’s a very poor finish to the season. They royally screwed up the last 12 games of the season cause they only got 12 points from them. For a team in the top 5 that’s unacceptable.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He didn’t say anything wrong? When you’re fighting for the top 4 spot and your manager before the game says even if we don’t win then it’s a good season that’s not good in my opinion. That’s telling your players it’s ok to not to get a win.
It's fine you're reading too much into it. He's relaxing his players, many of whom have been punching way above their weight. Pressuring them to go all could have been counter intuitive. You really are grasping at straws for critcism of him.

If he ended the season in 5th hovering in 5th, 6th, 7th places all year then yes it’s a good season. After being as high in 2nd back in December I think and in the top four since September and being 14 points ahead of us in Jan it’s a very poor finish to the season. They royally screwed up the last 12 games of the season cause they only got 12 points from them. For a team in the top 5 that’s unacceptable.
It's a poor finish but the season isn't split into segments. The caf is pointing to this season as a job well done for Ole. They aren't going to talk about how he was 14 points behind and then made up the gap to just about get top 4. It's job well done, and we move onwards. Rodgers got some fantastic consistency straight off the bat and its no coincidence that his terrible form came at a time where he had key injuries. This happens to the best of managers. This idea that Rodgers' achievement this season is "unacceptable" is laugbale.

Any and every Leicester fan would point to a 5th place finish at seasons start and said thats a big success. No-one predicted Leicester as 5th, and thats where they ended. He's done a very good job with them thus far.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Matchday1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132333435363738
GroundHAAHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAH
ResultDDWWLWWLWWWWWWWWDLLWWLLWDDLLWDDLWDLWLL
Position1212435334333222222222233333333333344455

Look how long he had them comfortably in top 4 between game 6 - 37. That's stretching back from September to July. Must have averaged around 3rd position for the season. Unbelievable how they didn't sew this up long ago.

RDCR07

It's fine you're reading too much into it. He's relaxing his players, many of whom have been punching way above their weight. Pressuring them to go all could have been counter intuitive. You really are grasping at straws for critcism of him.

It's a poor finish but the season isn't split into segments. The caf is pointing to this season as a job well done for Ole. They aren't going to talk about how he was 14 points behind and then made up the gap to just about get top 4. It's job well done, and we move onwards. Rodgers got some fantastic consistency straight off the bat and its no coincidence that his terrible form came at a time where he had key injuries. This happens to the best of managers. This idea that Rodgers' achievement this season is "unacceptable" is laugbale.

Any and every Leicester fan would point to a 5th place finish at seasons start and said thats a big success. No-one predicted Leicester as 5th, and thats where they ended. He's done a very good job with them thus far.
It’s not about how you start. It’s about how you finish a season. No one expected them or quite frankly us to finish in the top 4. But having come so close to only have lost it on the last day is a bitter disappointment. For example no one is expecting us to go for the title next year right? But let’s say hypothetically we start the season by winning the first 20 games. Then we go on to only get 5-10 points from the last 18 games. Sure we might get top four even then but after that start would be happy if we don’t win the title?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It’s not about how you start. It’s about how you finish a season. No one expected them or quite frankly us to finish in the top 4. But having come so close to only have lost it on the last day is a bitter disappointment. For example no one is expecting us to go for the title next year right? But let’s say hypothetically we start the season by winning the first 20 games. Then we go on to only get 5-10 points from the last 18 games. Sure we might get top four even then but after that start would be happy if we don’t win the title?
You literally just said that it's about how you end, then you go on about how they were in between. Can you make your mind up?

Also, I think you really need to re evaluate people's predictions. We were predicted to be in the top 4 by quite a few ex players and pundits. Leicester weren't predicted to be close.

RDCR07

You literally just said that it's about how you end, then you go on about how they were in between. Can you make your mind up?

Also, I think you really need to re evaluate people's predictions. We were predicted to be in the top 4 by quite a few ex players and pundits. Leicester weren't predicted to be close.
When did I say anything about them in between? Did you even read what I wrote?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He's got to be worth a punt on getting sacked next season, alarming thing for Leicester is that they were in free fall before lockdown, the break should have came at a good time for them but he still couldn't stop the slide even after the restart. What makes anyone think it'll be different come the new season?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
When did I say anything about them in between? Did you even read what I wrote?
Yes, you were talking about how they were on a 14 point lead going into January and they threw it away. That's literally talking about how they did in between.

When all is said and done, it's about how you end the season. 5th place remains a very good season for them, especially given it was his first year with the club and he missed 5 key players in a string of 4-5 vital games. He was a whisker away from a phenomenal season for Leicester.

pascell

I said it when they played Everton and threw on all their attacking players that he looked nervous. Looks like he shot himself in the foot in that game as he subbed on Maddison who hasn't featured since, I'm guessing it aggravated the injury again?

Poor man management from him post lockdown and set his team up very poorly today.

Southampton showed that if you press us you'll get joy and I was pretty worried going into this game as he sets his teams up to press, then he went with 5 at the back instead.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Maddison either had or is having a minor operation on his hip problem so I'd guess his cameo vs Everton did aggravate it

Tyrion

He deff fked it. United were 13 points or something behind him not too long again.... but United end up 3rd and Leicester outside 4
Tbf, he was the manager when they went 13 points ahead in the first place so I think it's unfair to judge him solely on the end of the season and not the whole. I think people here are overly harsh on him because he was liverpool's manager. Plenty here mocked Klopp until recently.

Morpheus 7

Rodger's has had a meltdown since the restart. Big players were missing but too many points dropped, should be criticized.

Jonno

Sackable offence, missing out on the CL considering there was a 14 point gap.

Many on here were wishing we had Rodgers over Ole back in November, December. I'm glad the board aren't as knee-jerk as some fans.

poleglass red

coming from where they were it must be a hugely upsetting for the club. Injuries, loss of form caught up with them. When everything is cooled down they will reassess their squad. They were 9th last yr, this yr 5th. They scored 51 goals and conceded 48 last season, this season they scored 67 goals and conceded 41, so they've improved from last season on all possible fronts. Most pundits pre season were saying top 6 was Leicesters objective, those objectives got skewed a bit by their excellent start. Key injuries hurt, whereas we went out and bought Fernandes and got Ighalo on loan, 2 positive signings that helped transform our season, they went with their depleted squad. As Rodgers said they 've had their 2nd highest finish in pl history, I think in the cold light of day they will obviously rue not getting CL but I'm certain they will stick with Rodgers.

mu4c_20le

Many on here were wishing we had Rodgers over Ole back in November, December. I'm glad the board aren't as knee-jerk as some fans.
That is the definition of short sighted, it's not like we haven't seen his shortcomings before

Nickelodeon

Who will they get who's better for them? Yes, they choked and choked badly. But in the larger context, their finishing 5th is a bigger achievement than us finishing 3rd. It's fun to criticize him but he only joined them in Feb of 2019. For him to take them from bottom half till 5th is still a considerable achievement.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
His record against us really is shocking.

His only wins against Utd are when we had Moyes and they barely count really.
Same with us, not a single triumph in 15 attempts and to make it worst for him Liverpool won 5/6 Vs us before he took over and 2/3 after he left (Leicester beat us last game pre Rodgers too).

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Matchday1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132333435363738
GroundHAAHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAH
ResultDDWWLWWLWWWWWWWWDLLWWLLWDDLLWDDLWDLWLL
Position1212435334333222222222233333333333344455

Look how long he had them comfortably in top 4 between game 6 - 37. That's stretching back from September to July. Must have averaged around 3rd position for the season. Unbelievable how they didn't sew this up long ago.
The exact 5 game weeks when Leicester were not in top 4 were the only weeks in which Man United were in top 4. First two, last two and gameweek 5 when United beat Leicester home.