Brendan Rodgers | Rejoins Celtic on 3 year deal

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Is that for 2020 as a whole or just post lockdown? I make it that Leicester have lost 12 during the calendar year altogether. 7 would be ok.
Post Covid yeah, forgot I put that filter on. :lol:

For all on 2020, it's 11 loses in the league, 5 draws and 11 wins. That's the same loss percentage as Newcastle. 11 clubs have better loss percentages than Leicester in 2020.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
My God, the mind boggles as to what the Caf would be like if we put in a performance like this at home to Fulham.

Ludens the Red

He’s a good manager but he seems to not be able to recognise previous problems. They’re lost three home games this season which have followed the exact same formula. The problems stem from this back three system, lack of width and Vardy being isolated. Three teams have done the exact same thing to them at the King Power and he keeps going with this back three approach.

AshRK

Never rated him to manage a big club. His level is Leicester and he will be fine for them.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Leicester City fans are losing patience

AjcW said:
This is where the David Brent shit comes from.... what the ****ing **** does this ****ery mean?!? (Not withstanding the bit where he said evans played well...)

coolhandfox said:
Sorry excuse from Rodgers about being a young side, makes himself look silly at times.

Kasper 34
Vardy 34
Evans 32
Fuch 34
Mendy 28
Praet 26
foxfanazer said:
Post match comments utterly predictable. He never takes any accountability for performances like these but is desperate for the plaudits when we do well. Sick of him to be honest. Want an honest manager that gets us fired up for games
Bourbon Fox said:
I just read the mercury article and I can't believe this.

That's your f***ing expert opinion is it, Brendan?

Footy van de Geek

Tbh, lots of Leicester fans became cnuts after winning the title. They think they're a bigger club than they actually are..

Terrible loss today, but still within touching distance of 1st place and going strong in The Europa League.

Rodgers isn't perfect, but is doing a good job overall. Do they forget that he's been without the majority of his best defenders for most of the season?

Threesus

Heard on Sky that leicester have created similar number of chances to Burnley and Arsenal but they have also scored 7 penalties, so the points and goals tally has been boosted. Are they not clicking this season for some reason? Maybe due to injuries?

Tbh, lots of Leicester fans became cnuts after winning the title. They think they're a bigger club than they actually are..

Terrible loss today, but still within touching distance of 1st place and going strong in The Europa League.

Rodgers isn't perfect, but is doing a good job overall. Do they forget that he's been without the majority of his best defenders for most of the season?
A sign of increased ambition. Nothing wrong with that. Their owners are richer than ours and they have a proper idea on how to run the club. Even with their horrid form this year, we only squeaked past them on the final day of last season. Their owners clearly have ambitions to become a powerhouse in England.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Poor result.

Team looked a bit like end of last season with likes of Thomas and Justin starting.

Their results always dip when Ndidi is out and Castagne out aswell means they lose balance on the right aswell given Ricardo Peireira is long term injured.

Footy van de Geek

Poor result.

Team looked a bit like end of last season with likes of Thomas and Justin starting.

Their results always dip when Ndidi is out and Castagne out aswell means they lose balance on the right aswell given Ricardo Peireira is long term injured.
Söyüncü as well. And they sold Chilwell.

Ricardo Pereira is the best overall RB in the league, for me. Has good attacking qualities, but can also defend reasonably well. Unlike TAA.

Leicester are doing fine.

Irwin99

They did have bad luck with injuries last year and I know they have some injuries this season already but it's kind of looking like they might have gone as far as they can go under Rodgers. They keep threatening to reach another level but I'm just not sure they will. That top 4 collapse last season was ridiculous, even with their injury crisis.

Sleigh

Supports
Leicester City
It’s fair to say, that the fans are split on him.

meamth

What do they expect, for a team that is aspiring to be better than they are now, I think they are on the right path.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Their fans are delusional. Yes he has obvious flaws but he also has obvious strengths that have significantly outweighted them over the course of his career there. They shouldn't expect more than that. Some people want change just because they're bored of the same old shit, they're not looking for an upgrade but just looking for distance from something that just becomes more grating over time. That's fair enough but comes with obvious risks. The ones that demand better have just completely lost sight of what their legitimate ambitions are. Leicester fans seem to have a disproportionate number of the latter.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
They’ve been utterly shite since mid December 2019, and have rightly been called out for it by most, if not all posters.
If you haven’t heard posters calling them out constantly, you’ve been living under a rock @anant
This right after this post:

They are a bit crap really but I’d argue he’s still doing a decent enough job with an incredibly overrated squad, not least on these forums.
I mean I agree he's doing a decent job if you look at their league position, but if the numbers @RedSky posted were for us, you and other Ole out-ers would have posted that stat every single week asking for his head.

This right after this post:

I mean I agree he's doing a decent job if you look at their league position, but if the numbers @RedSky posted were for us, you and other Ole out-ers would have posted that stat every single week asking for his head.
Yeah of course I would, because his squad is miles better than Brenton, and miles more expensive (United 2nd most expensive in league, Leicester 8th most). Leicester’s squad, as I just said @anant, is massively overrated on these boards.
The fact that since August 2019, his points total is similar to Ole tells me that Brenton has been the “overachiever” so far, although I do think Ole will be way ahead of him by May because as I say, I just don’t rate Leicester’s squad that highly.

When United with what I considered the 4th best squad in the league, were lingering around mid table in December 2019, yes I thought Ole should be moved on. When Bruno came in and I considered us to have the 3rd best squad in the league, I was delighted we started performing to that standard.
Now let’s hope I was way too stupid, quick, rash to judge Ole again after this start and that we keep performing like the 3rd best squad in the league. That’s all I expect from a manager.

So that said, as I Leicester fan I’d be pleased enough with anything from 8th and above.

Last edited:

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Another club that their system is set up well to sit in and hit on the break away from home, but struggle when they have to take the game to teams at home, as their opponents are set up to do the exact same thing to them. Seems to be the story of the league from about 3rd place down.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Yeah of course I would, because his squad is miles better than Brenton, and miles more expensive (United 2nd most expensive in league, Leicester 8th most). Leicester’s squad, as I just said @anant, is massively overrated on these boards.
The fact that since August 2019, his points total is similar to Ole tells me that Brenton has been the “overachiever” so far, although I do think Ole will be way ahead of him by May because as I say, I just don’t rate Leicester’s squad that highly.

When United with what I considered the 4th best squad in the league, were lingering around mid table in December 2019, yes I thought Ole should be moved on. When Bruno came in and I considered us to have the 3rd best squad in the league, I was delighted we started performing to that standard.
Now let’s hope I was way too stupid, quick, rash to judge Ole again after this start and that we keep performing like the 3rd best squad in the league. That’s all I expect from a manager.

So that said, as I Leicester fan I’d be pleased enough with anything from 8th and above.
Are they really that overrated? I'd say their side last year was 6th or 7th best side (Vardy, Chilwell, Soyuncu, Pereira, Ndidi would all find a place in atleast one of the top 4 sides of last season). This season as well, I'd say they're joint 6th or 7th best side. With the record they're having this year, they'd end up with 52 odd points over 38 games - good enough for 9th or 10th in most seasons.

I rate Rodgers as a manager, however, it's funny to see people defend Rodgers and Arteta and bash Ole for his consistency

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
It’s fair to say, that the fans are split on him.
Bit harsh, Claude Puel was classic example of manager where results were o.k but just wasn't the right fit for the squad. You were only top of the league two weeks ago after beating Wolves.

Are they really that overrated? I'd say their side last year was 6th or 7th best side (Vardy, Chilwell, Soyuncu, Pereira, Ndidi would all find a place in atleast one of the top 4 sides of last season). This season as well, I'd say they're joint 6th or 7th best side. With the record they're having this year, they'd end up with 52 odd points over 38 games - good enough for 9th or 10th in most seasons.

I rate Rodgers as a manager, however, it's funny to see people defend Rodgers and Arteta and bash Ole for his consistency
Once again @anant, if anyone has defended Brenton it’s because since the start of last season, (with as you say yourself, the 6th/7th best side in the league), he’s never had them below 5th, and for 95% of the time, higher than that.
If Ole consistently has United at 3rd or above with the current squad, I guarantee you he won’t be getting much stick at all.
Remember with Brenton, since the start of last season he has 80 points compared to Ole’s 82, despite having a worse squad.

Arteta is starting to get a lot of stick now and rightfully so. And if Brenton carries on his 2020 form into January 2021, he’ll start getting plenty of it also.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Needs to set up the side to attack, if he persists with this then he’ll be gone, he can’t coach a defensive side which is what he’s trying to do. He failed when he did the same thing with us.

Needham

Getting ridiculous now. Leicester fans on Twitter calling for Lineker to take over. Lineker reportedly seriously considering it. Rodgers apparently mulling a return to Celtic with Steve Gerrard his assistant and Hans Christian Anderson director of diversity training if Cundy turns it down.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
This season they've won away to Man. City, Arsenal (when they were still o.k) and Spurs.

Lost at home to Villa, West Ham, Fulham and Everton.

If one set of results sums up this mad season it's that. :lol:

Very impressed with how they set up today tbh. I can remember end of last season them pouring forward at will and Spurs just picked them off easily. Much more restrained today and pulled it off perfectly.

What's also forgotten is they've had lots of injuries in 2020. Ndidi and Ricardo Peireia missed huge chunks of it. Maddison missed pretty much the whole run when their form fell off a cliff and Castagne also has been injured a bit this season. Also Soyuncu has barely played this season. Now they've got most of those back and doing well again.

Pretty impressed with what they're doing there yet again. Not sure if they'll make the top 4 though.

GMok

Supports
ATK Mohun Bagan FC
Rodgers has improved a lot, but I am still not convinced he has learnt to win when the finishing line is close or the pressure is on. Last year he was partially responsible for not getting top 4 after a spectacular implosion, kind of similar to his Liverpool team in 2014-15.

This year they seem to be getting better results against the big teams, although they bend over backwards against Liverpool.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
It might just be Vardy carrying them but considering they lost Mahrez and Kante from that PL winning team hasn't Brendan overall been doing quite well with a team that you'd usually expect to lower middle table? It's december and they are in the top 4 again. Of course I think we will overtake them because I feel we have a better squad, but overall I think he's doing very well with the team he has to put out.

tomaldinho1

It might just be Vardy carrying them but considering they lost Mahrez and Kante from that PL winning team hasn't Brendan overall been doing quite well with a team that you'd usually expect to lower middle table? It's december and they are in the top 4 again. Of course I think we will overtake them because I feel we have a better squad, but overall I think he's doing very well with the team he has to put out.
He's done very well. Even today - think of the drop off in quality when they are having to rest players/have injuries and you see the big difference between Leicester and Chelsea, City, Pool, United. Plus they played us two days ago!

I think they will end up being close but not quite top four again but he's definitely doing well.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City

I am a Leicester fan & unfortunately this is true. Lots of trash talk about our players & Brendan as well. Fox talk has been unbearable for the last while with all the whining going on.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
I am a Leicester fan & unfortunately this is true. Lots of trash talk about our players & Brendan as well. Fox talk has been unbearable for the last while with all the whining going on.
FoxesTalk became unbearable when the owner got rid of the previous group of mods who kept people inline and got the current lot in