Brendan Rodgers | Rejoins Celtic on 3 year deal

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Quite a few were in place already, Brendan is emphatic that recruitment is a team game at Leicester with Jon Rudkin having the overriding say. He tells the group what he is looking for and then a short list is built based on quality, availability & cost. It is his job then to develop the players.
I actually believe this is the way most teams operate, It is the press that like to make the Manager responsible for recruitment.
Yeah that’s generally how most clubs operate, it’s great for Leicester that Rogers has acquiesced to that model. His own eye for players is hit and miss and the top experts will find you the right profile of player most of the time.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I dont get it. Why is our fans salivating over him. Is he really that good? Why did Leicester draw over Southampton?

MO_Football92

Supports
Arsenal
Yeah absolutely. This is the thing Arsenal have been woeful this year but even if they weren’t Leicester would be still ahead of them. It’s the reason I think Rodgers has done a great job
We're not a top 6 club at the moment. However that's due to the manager being poor.

Regardless Arsenal in their worse period still win cups and have regularly reached finals. Some club's have spent hefty amounts on player's and haven't achieved this.

Chabon

It doesn't look good for them tbh. I wonder if it's psychological more than anything else. When the CL spot gets "real", they lose themselves
They’ve actually been incredibly consistent this year, their longest winning run is three games. There’s no comparison whatsoever with last year’s icarus job.

Pagh Wraith

Don't get the bottling/fecking up top four comments. He has done incredibly well with what he has it his disposal considering he is up against at least four much better teams/squads.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Don't get the bottling/fecking up top four comments. He has done incredibly well with what he has it his disposal considering he is up against at least four much better teams/squads.
It’s just part of English football culture. Winning is about grit and determination, and those that fail at the last hurdle didn’t have the character required. In reality, the teams that “bottle it” are typically those with smaller squads, pushed past their limits with injuries and fatigue. They play well for large chunks of the season with a settled side, but a couple of cogs get taken out and the wheels fall off. That consistent first XI is recognised as a strength when they’re playing flowing football, and the underlying risks are glossed over. That reality just isn’t part of English football folklore so it gets replaced with loftier values.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
They’ve actually been incredibly consistent this year, their longest winning run is three games. There’s no comparison whatsoever with last year’s icarus job.
The comparison is that they could miss thr CL again in the last few days after havin been in a good position for a long while but you are right there is a big difference with last season

Cloud7

It’s just part of English football culture. Winning is about grit and determination, and those that fail at the last hurdle didn’t have the character required. In reality, the teams that “bottle it” are typically those with smaller squads, pushed past their limits with injuries and fatigue. They play well for large chunks of the season with a settled side, but a couple of cogs get taken out and the wheels fall off. That consistent first XI is recognised as a strength when they’re playing flowing football, and the underlying risks are glossed over. That reality just isn’t part of English football folklore so it gets replaced with loftier values.
Excellent post. Should be stickied for everytime someone mentions a smaller team "bottling" this and that

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
The comparison is that they could miss thr CL again in the last few days after havin been in a good position for a long while but you are right there is a big difference with last season
It's anyway not entirely fair to leave strength of opposition out of the question. I mean, they're facing three of the most difficult EPL teams in their last three matches, meaning they had more relatively easy opponents than others. Consequently, instead of saying that they could 'bottle it' at the end, you could.also say that their current position doesn't necessarily adequately represent their accomplishments so far.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
It's anyway not entirely fair to leave strength of opposition out of the question. I mean, they're facing three of the most difficult EPL teams in their last three matches, meaning they had more relatively easy opponents than others. Consequently, instead of saying that they could 'bottle it' at the end, you could.also say that their current position doesn't necessarily adequately represent their accomplishments so far.
I could also say that they fecked up a lot of matches they should have won too

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
I could also say that they fecked up a lot of matches they should have won too
Sure, it's complicated; I'm just saying that losing a couple of matches at the end of the season isn't necessarily a bottle job.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Why are you assuming we will lose those games anyway? We have beaten both Spurs and Chelsea in the league and we beat United in the cup. It’s not like they are games we cannot win

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Why are you assuming we will lose those games anyway? We have beaten both Spurs and Chelsea in the league and we beat United in the cup. It’s not like they are games we cannot win
I'm not, just answering to people thinking it would be a total bottle job if Leicester do lose some of those and miss out on top 4. I hope you manage and reach the CL, actually.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Really disappointing. I know Barnes is amazing, but they've crumbled without the lad. Rodgers does look perfect for Spurs though, for obvious reasons.
Barnes really isn't amazing, if he's the man that glues a top 4 challenge together then you're really not good enough to finish there

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
The only problem I have with this is that ole-outers will say the only reason we finished well is because everyone else was shit.
But also that Rodgers is a far better manager than we have.

Idxomer

This is arguably his 4th season his teams are melting near the end of the season

The Slippy G year when they were competing for the title.
Juanfield and Stampy G season when they were going for top 4, lost to Stoke 6-1 at the end if I remember correctly.
Last season with Leicester with heavy losses against Bournemouth and the likes, bottled the top 4 in a remarkable fashion.
This year again though not as bad as his previous seasons yet.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
He can't do it again surely :lol:
33 of 38 game weeks in the top 4 last season, and 3 of the weeks where they weren't were at the very beginning.

This season they haven't actually dropped out at all, but they've only won 2 of their last 6 (West Brom and Palace), and have United, Chelsea and Spurs as their remaining league fixtures.

West Ham, Spurs, Liverpool, and maybe even Everton, must still feel like they're in with a shout of catching them based on their current form.