Brendan Rodgers | Rejoins Celtic on 3 year deal

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Fa Cup winner v 4th place in a playoff

4th seems to have higher prize reward for a club despite fa Cup win having more meaning for players
Winner gets cl (not needed if fa Cup winner is already in top4)

Game can happen esp given fa Cup completes before aeason ends
in the main it would be pointless as the vast majority of the time the FA Cup winners finish in the top 4

Luke1995

@Stacks Also, we actually were in the CL that season but exited in the group stage for the first time since 2005... that certainly didn't help Van Gaal's case.

Luke1995

and the football was dire, constant booing at Old Trafford, no goals. it was horrible. He was on his last legs regardless. Too much discontent
It would have been clever to go for Rodgers after Liverpool sacked him. Would have saved us from the Mourinho experiment. Oh well...

Either way, i'm excited to find out if Rodgers can make the jump from very good manager to the Pep/Klopp tier.

El Zoido

Some people here actually want this clown to be United manager. Good lord.

MU655

He can't get his team over the line when it matters.

Regardless of resources, that is a mentality issue.
They won the FA Cup...

The truth is people overrate their squad. It isn't as good as people make out.

Vardy has stopped scoring and they have nobody prolific outside of him.

Chabon

Was screwed last year by a bad mistake from Morgan and this year by an absurd one from Schmeichel, hard not to feel sorry for him.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Won them the cup & that’ll actually mean something rather than top-4, but something has to be said of back to back years when they had control of their destiny & crumbled under the expectations.

Idxomer

Maybe he's a victim of his own success. His players aren't as good as many think and he's overachieving with them.

Last edited:

AshRK

How can people still make excuse for him is beyond me. Leicester were sitting in top 4 comfortably for almost 35 game weeks and now finish 5th after dropping silly points. It is definitely a mentality issue for him.

Guy Incognito

They won the FA Cup...

The truth is people overrate their squad. It isn't as good as people make out.

Vardy has stopped scoring and they have nobody prolific outside of him.
They did, but top four was in their hands.

Don't think it is harsh to criticise them when they should've learnt from last season.

MU655

Maybe he's a victim of his own successes. His players aren't as good as many think and he's overachieving with them.
That is what I think.

It is especially the case with Vardy this season. They have nobody to replace him, and their most prolific outside of him (Harvey Barnes) is injured.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Top 4 is 100% a bottle job again. They'll look back fondly though because of the FA Cup, as they should.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
How can people still make excuse for him is beyond me. Leicester were sitting in top 4 comfortably for almost 35 game weeks and now finish 5th after dropping silly points. It is definitely a mentality issue for him.
If you watched the game you would also have seen a definite physical issue

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
That is why Kasper isn't spoken of as amongst the best but we are stuck with him, most of our fanbase will here nothing said against him, they wouldn't swap him for anyone etc.

He should be saving the first and clearing the second, then the next 2 don't happen as we aren't throwing everything forward to be done on the break

TheReligion

Abusive
That is why Kasper isn't spoken of as amongst the best but we are stuck with him, most of our fanbase will here nothing said against him, they wouldn't swap him for anyone etc.

He should be saving the first and clearing the second, then the next 2 don't happen as we aren't throwing everything forward to be done on the break
Which big name/s will go in the summer do you think? You usually sell one. Can see a couple this time. Second year not getting over the line.

MU655

I think people need to register this:

Gross Spend (past three seasons)

Chelsea: £450m
Man City: £365m
Manutd: £350m
Liverpool: £250m
Leicester: £245m

Net Spend (past three seasons)
Manutd: £234m
Man City: £196m
Chelsea: £182m
Liverpool: £138m
Leicester: £15m

They are really over achieving by keeping up with those clubs.

Castia

I really wanted them to finish inside the top 4 I was a bit gutted to see Chelsea take it especially after losing.

Shame for Leicester having this happen 2 years in a row.

TheReligion

Abusive
@FriendlyFox

Sorry I've been thread banned due to a snake in the grass so I can't reply or quote you.

I think you've had a good season and it's one of those which if asked before the start of it would you take that then you'd say absolutely yes.

When you look back at it though, especially against last season, it drops a little given how long you've been in top 4 and how it was left in your hands until the end.

What do you see as the next step?

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
@FriendlyFox

Sorry I've been thread banned due to a snake in the grass so I can't reply or quote you.

I think you've had a good season and it's one of those which if asked before the start of it would you take that then you'd say absolutely yes.

When you look back at it though, especially against last season, it drops a little given how long you've been in top 4 and how it was left in your hands until the end.

simple we need much more squad depth, our only attacking option on the bench was Perez, who isn't good enough, Barnes coming back will be a big addition but he is literally the only quality winger we have.

Kamal Sowah has scored goals from the wing on loan for our Belgian sister club but who knows if he can step up now he has his work permit

TheReligion

Abusive
simple we need much more squad depth, our only attacking option on the bench was Perez, who isn't good enough, Barnes coming back will be a big addition but he is literally the only quality winger we have.

Kamal Sowah has scored goals from the wing on loan for our Belgian sister club but who knows if he can step up now he has his work permit
Replacement for Vardy too?

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Replacement for Vardy too?
apparently got Edouard from Celtic coming but that remains to be seen, Vardy is more effective as a lone striker but we've had to play with 2 and that stifles his movement but his overall play was still up there

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
They should hold on to their key players. They are all on 3 year+ contracts bar Tielemans. He has 2 years left. Wouldn't mind us trying for him but we need a DM much more than him

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
They should hold on to their key players. They are all on 3 year+ contracts bar Tielemans. He has 2 years left. Wouldn't mind us trying for him but we need a DM much more than him
Think he'd be an excellent signing, but prob gonna cost Rice kind of money.

FriendlyFox

Supports
Leicester City
@FriendlyFox

It definitely sting, and I think it stings even more because of how last season ended. The players mentality must be shot to bits. I think in the past 2 seasons we've only been outside the top 4 for about 4 weeks. Sky were constantly showing the infographic during the game about how long each club had been in the top 4 this season, and Leicester were top with about 250 days. Don't think any other club had been in more than 200.

Next steps, we need to replace Vardy as priority one (and Vardy needs to be used more sparingly / off the bench) and priority two has to be a right winger. It's shocking that our best option is still Albrighton. Perez is terrible and Under seems to have been silently shipped off - Rodgers never really rated him.

Other than that, it's difficult to know where else we need cover because of the extent of our injuries. Feels like we need more cover all over the shop. For instance, at full back you'd think Ricardo, Timmy Castagne, James Justin and Luke Thomas would be enough, but apart from Thomas all have been out for significant periods. Similarly at CB, with Morgan gone, we only have Soyuncu, Evans, Fofana (and Amartey, at a push), and all of these have been injured for long spells too.

While there's certainly an element of mental fragility, I think both seasons, it's ultimately been squad depth that has killed us. The problem is it sounds like our wage bill is stretched to it's absolute limit.