Brendan Rodgers | Rejoins Celtic on 3 year deal

GMoore23

I think it's just that he's gotten the max out of this squad and without proper investment the only way is backwards.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He has no idea how to rotate properly, IMO. Not good enough for a manager competing on all fronts.

Fox_Chrys

Supports
LCFC
I think it's just that he's gotten the max out of this squad and without proper investment the only way is backwards.
Wish it was that simple, plus we not a goldmine for money, managers have to work with what they have.

Most games now he is too scared to let the players loose, and we just passing sideways and backwards as he is obsessed with possession.

We are totally opposite to when he first came here.

If we was playing well and losing I expect we would all be confident its just a bad spell, but the players heads are down, we playing abysmal, and on things like expected goals etc. we bottom of the EPL, I think only above Norwich maybe.

Polar

United should never go for established descent-good managers like Rodgers, Koeman.

Either we choose a manager a) among top-5 «old» merited managers or b) among greatest «young» manager talents, example Nagelsmann.

Patchbeard

Wish it was that simple, plus we not a goldmine for money, managers have to work with what they have.

Most games now he is too scared to let the players loose, and we just passing sideways and backwards as he is obsessed with possession.

We are totally opposite to when he first came here.

If we was playing well and losing I expect we would all be confident its just a bad spell, but the players heads are down, we playing abysmal, and on things like expected goals etc. we bottom of the EPL, I think only above Norwich maybe.
Any reason why Iheanacho is not starting in the league at all despite his great 2nd half of last season? Was expecting him and Vardy to play together and kick on. And especially now with Maddison way out of form for months, Barnes hasn't started the season great, and Perez is still trash 95% of the time.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
New signings bedding in. Lost half his defence after the charity shield match. Barnes and Vardy started poorly. Vardy is surely on decline? Assuming Maddison had his head turned by Arsenal. They’ll hit form again once everything settles down and he figures out his best team including the new signings. They’ve too much quality to not be battling for top 6 come the end of the season.

AshRK

Any manager leading their team to winning the Fa Cup whilst playing the best football domestically, regularly getting into the champions league without being big spenders; should be praised and not ridiculed to the levels Wenger was.

That is an example of the ignorance of English football.
I agree. Seeing how crap a job arteta is doing, I feel Wenger was massively disrespected. He was another manager who was a victim of his own great success.

AshRK

He is not a bad coach but I feel this is his level. Bottled two top 4 positions on the final day of the season is never a good thing. People can say underdog this and that but both the seasons top 4 was in their hands and they blew it.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
United should never go for established descent-good managers like Rodgers, Koeman.

Either we choose a manager a) among top-5 «old» merited managers or b) among greatest «young» manager talents, example Nagelsmann.
Inclined to agree. I think that crop - Rafa, Rodgers, Koeman, Emery, Moyes, etc. all do their best work a little further down the table and aren’t good enough anywhere higher.

iHicksy

New signings bedding in. Lost half his defence after the charity shield match. Barnes and Vardy started poorly. Vardy is surely on decline? Assuming Maddison had his head turned by Arsenal. They’ll hit form again once everything settles down and he figures out his best team including the new signings. They’ve too much quality to not be battling for top 6 come the end of the season.
Vardy has 5 goals and an assist in 6 games. He's definitely not an issue.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Vardy has 5 goals and an assist in 6 games. He's definitely not an issue.
Yeah that’s fair enough but Is he starting games well? What’s the interplay like? It doesn’t sound great? Are they just lumping it up to him? Getting hit on the counter a lot? I’d always expect him to be getting some goals because he’s their main threat and they are a better team than most of what they’ve faced so far.

iHicksy

Yeah that’s fair enough but Is he starting games well? What’s the interplay like? It doesn’t sound great? Are they just lumping it up to him? Getting hit on the counter a lot? I’d always expect him to be getting some goals because he’s their main threat and they are a better team than most of what they’ve faced so far.
I must admit i'm confused as to why iheanacho isn't starting. He was playing like RvP the tailend of last season and they looked formidable with Vardy dropping a little deeper. Rodgers for some reason just doesn't seem to like playing with a 2 up top. It's pretty baffling because they looked very threatening and now they've reverted to their usual formation to fit in maddison barnes etc they don't look half as good.

Fox_Chrys

Supports
LCFC
Any reason why Iheanacho is not starting in the league at all despite his great 2nd half of last season? Was expecting him and Vardy to play together and kick on. And especially now with Maddison way out of form for months, Barnes hasn't started the season great, and Perez is still trash 95% of the time.
Ask Rodgers, only he knows.

Sleigh

Supports
Leicester City
Lots of baffling decisions, he won’t be sacked though. He’s on a massive wage and one of the highest paid Managers / Coaches

Lots of us are confused with the Iheanacho situation. It makes no sense, as he dragged us through the 2nd half of last season when our overall play wasn’t particularly great.

Maddison has dropped off since he was injured but has largely been kept in despite being out of form.

Vestergaard has been bloody awful so far, I was worried when it was mentioned, as he’s not the type of defender we needed. Along with Bertrand, you can sort of see why Southampton may have had defensive frailties.

Tielemans looks like a player that needs a rest, having played non stop football for nearly 2.5 years. Time is ticking on his contract, so I can see other teams looking at his in January.

He’s tried to adapt N’Didis game, so he’s more progressive on the ball. Issue his, N’didi isn’t a great passer and we’re finding he’s out of form and gets caught more under Rodgers tactics, than he did previously. He’s now been ruled out for 2 months

Soyuncu has always been a bit of a bomb scare defensively, however he’s missing that experienced head in Evans next to him, as he’s become rash and a bit of a walking liability.

We’ve got Kasper trying to turn into Ederson and play the ball out from the back. What people don’t realise, is that his distribution of the ball isn’t brilliant. They see highlights of him making amazing saves and think he’s world class. He’s great, however he doesn’t command his area, has a tendency to chip a ball out to an opposing winger or will quite literally smash the ball out of play, with the commentator stating “very unlike Kasper that”….. despite it happening about 5 times per game.

We’re missing some of the injured players like Fofana, Justin and Evans. They’ll help when they return. The retuning players from injury like Barnes, Maddison, Ricardo haven’t hit the same levels as they were doing pre injury.

The other signings we have made for This season are difficult to judge so far. Lookman looks like he deserves a place in the team. Soumare doesn’t look ready, reminds be a bit of Dombele at Spurs if I’m honest. Flashes of something half decent but flatters to deceive. Daka hasn’t really had any prolonged game time of had the chances to show what he’s capable of.

Tactics against us are let us keep the ball, then bully us and we’ll crack, make a mistake and concede. We’ll drop points all season to teams people should expect us to beat. We can’t defend set pieces for toffee, so a striker like Lukaku is going to have a field day. We can’t deal with pace either, I mean Vydra gave us a real headache last week. It’s all gone a little bit Arsenal if I’m honest ……..

Irwin99

Bad start to the season and he could be under pressure. A bit like Moyes with Everton all those years ago it must be disheartening to players and manager to do reasonably well but never quite make the next step and get into the champions league consistently.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Yep. He has taken them as far as possible. He and the players must know even if they have a great season the best they will do is missing out on top 4 on the last day of the season. At some point you just lose motivation.
The other 4 squads are just too good and too deep.
Looks like both Leicester and Rodgers need a change.

Gazza

Coming up on 3 years there, isn't he? That sounds about right for a parting of the ways at season's end. He's done fine there.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Once again making an absolute mockery of the arrogant disdain some Solskjaer cultists hold Rodgers in. Leicester shredded us today and in truth they could, and probably should, have scored six or seven.

When will the Solskjaer apologists accept that he is levels below a manager like Rodgers (and Potter etc.) and finally consider him being a very good fit to manage us and take us to the next level whilst playing excellent football?

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He’s a really good manager. He was getting prematurely slagged off after a tough start to the season. Their squad had injuries which didn’t help. He’s one of the best, if not the best manager outside of Pep, Klopp and Tuchel in the league for me I think. I think if he’s given a top job he can go toe to toe with them.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
It does help when we are able to field something close to our best XI, arguably only 2 players missing

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Rodgers is doing the job with Leicester that Ole fanboys thinks that Ole is doing with us.
Rogers has done a good job with Leicester, no doubt about that.

That said, they have been kinda shite this season, haven't they? Todays game not included.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

That said, they have been kinda shite this season, haven't they? Todays game not included.
Yeah usually they leap out of the blocks, and drop like a stone, and we usually beat them.

Maybe they're doing it all in reverse this year!

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees

They've had like half their starting 11 out injured in most of their games so far. Any team would look shit when dealing with that bad of an injury crisis, apart from City of course.

GMoore23

They've had like half their starting 11 out injured in most of their games so far. Any team would look shit when dealing with that bad of an injury crisis, apart from City of course.
That and he doesn't have the insane budget that Ole has been given. He doesn't have the liberty of swapping Ronaldo for Cavani or Pogba for Rashford. He has to rely more on the few quality players he has which can lead to injuries or fatigue.

If we got Rodgers in this week we could still win the title.

Fox_Chrys

Supports
LCFC
Question will be if we now play like this against bottom half teams, we are so more efficient with the ball against the big 4.

Won FA cup, Community Shield, Beat you guys in league all in last few months, but then play passive when we up against Norwich and Burnley.

We are so much better with Kelechi up front with Vardy.

RooneyLegend

Once again making an absolute mockery of the arrogant disdain some Solskjaer cultists hold Rodgers in. Leicester shredded us today and in truth they could, and probably should, have scored six or seven.

When will the Solskjaer apologists accept that he is levels below a manager like Rodgers (and Potter etc.) and finally consider him being a very good fit to manage us and take us to the next level whilst playing excellent football?
Hes nowhere near good enough for us. Have you seen his team against the top sides?

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
That and he doesn't have the insane budget that Ole has been given. He doesn't have the liberty of swapping Ronaldo for Cavani or Pogba for Rashford. He has to rely more on the few quality players he has which can lead to injuries or fatigue.

If we got Rodgers in this week we could still win the title.
He's a good coach, not a miracle worker.

Oranges038

Hes nowhere near good enough for us. Have you seen his team against the top sides?
He was one Slippy G slip away from having the league all but wrapped up with a far worse team than this Utd side. Yeah, they threw away a lead to Palace after, but they were done after the Chelsea game.

Wouldn't be averse to it, plus he'd have the added incentive of getting one over on the Pool with Utd.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Tried 4 different formations this season trying to sort them out hasn't he? They're still what, 10th? Sounds like he doesn't even know what the problem is.

Bottled the season a few times hasn't he? Had top 4 within his reach.

He's not the guy.

I'm not against people wanting Ole out but surely not for Rodgers.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He’s a really good manager. He was getting prematurely slagged off after a tough start to the season. Their squad had injuries which didn’t help. He’s one of the best, if not the best manager outside of Pep, Klopp and Tuchel in the league for me I think. I think if he’s given a top job he can go toe to toe with them.
He did a great job at Liverpool. They were absolutely sensational under him. Fantastic job at Celtic too and Leicester are a legitimate force now too. Unlike Zidane he has his own identifiable style that he’s brought with him to multiple clubs, consistently getting them to punch above their weight. Ridiculous the way he’s written off by so many on here. Clearly a level above Ole and fully deserves a shot at a club of United’s stature.

My one and only concern is that I think he’s a total plonker. Beggars can’t be choosers though and we’re definitely beggars right now.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Tried 4 different formations this season trying to sort them out hasn't he? They're still what, 10th? Sounds like he doesn't even know what the problem is.

Bottled the season a few times hasn't he? Had top 4 within his reach.

He's not the guy.

I'm not against people wanting Ole out but surely not for Rodgers.
I’m sure he knows what the problem is. Having your two best central defenders out at once is a tricky problem to fix.