Brendan Rodgers | Rejoins Celtic on 3 year deal

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Doing the rounds on other outlets too. BBC Scotland confirm the same.

Looks like hel be there this season rather than next. Lennon to replace at Celtic.

Skills

Snitch
Seems a bit stupid to give up on an almost guaranteed league title. Should wait till the summer

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Seems a bit stupid to give up on an almost guaranteed league title. Should wait till the summer
He's probably had his fill of token league titles. If Celtic fans feel disrespected fair play to them but I can't blame Rodgers for wanting to move now, get his feet under the table and see what kind of squad he'll have to work with.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
He's a good manager, and Leicester have a good squad, so... Good? Good.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I don't understand why so many people are slating Rodgers for leaving Celtic because he's guaranteed trophies. Yeah, maybe he is but he really should be getting the domestic trophies as there is still a might unbalance in the financial power in the SPL. Unless Celtic get lucky draws in Europe i really don't think they can go much further than he's already taken them. It might be brutal for Celtic fans but they're just not up there anymore in terms of CL regulars. They should have probably got through against AEK but you wouldn't give them much hope in the group stages anymore. Leicester alternatively had no hope in the CL but they managed to get through to the quarters and held their own against Atletico while topping their group.

People are talking like Leicester are a tinpot club too, they've won the league not too long ago. Yeah, it was an anomaly, but that platform is there to build from and resource wise they have more than enough to stabilise in the top 8 and then try to push on and have a season like the title winning one again. In Maguire, Maddison and Gray they have three very strong English talents too.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Cnut.

To walk out on us at this stage of the season is a fecking disgrace. Hope he enjoys battling for 7th place, getting undermined by Vardy and getting kicked out on his arse in 18 months.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Doubt it, I think Rogers will want to beat them - I think he probably thinks he should be managing Liverpool even now.

Anyway, good appointment for Leicester.

Needham

Ladies and gentlemen, gratitude...
Cnut.

To walk out on us at this stage of the season is a fecking disgrace. Hope he enjoys battling for 7th place, getting undermined by Vardy and getting kicked out on his arse in 18 months.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
People are talking like Leicester are a tinpot club too, they've won the league not too long ago. Yeah, it was an anomaly, but that platform is there to build from and resource wise they have more than enough to stabilise in the top 8 and then try to push on and have a season like the title winning one again. In Maguire, Maddison and Gray they have three very strong English talents too.
7th place is their absolute ceiling. There's no way they're finishing above any one of City, Liverpool, Spurs, United, Chelsea or Arsenal.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
7th place is their absolute ceiling. There's no way they're finishing above any one of City, Liverpool, Spurs, United, Chelsea or Arsenal.
That's what they said when they won the league.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Winning the PL is bigger than 100 Scottish league titles.
It doesn't make Leicester a bigger club than Celtic, though. Plus Celtic are European Cup champions, which I'd rank higher than a PL win :D

But yeah, imagine if Celtic were to bottle the title now :lol: It would be hilarious.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
That's what they said when they won the league.
Anomaly like you said. Every top 6 team since then has improved while Leicester have lost by far their best player from that time.

He didn't say that though. He said Leicester are a bigger club than Celtic which is just laughable. The only people who say that are either trolling or so wrapped up in their EPL bubble that they've lost their fecking mind.

Needham

I'm thankful for everything he done here but to walk out on us with 2 months of the season left is a cnut move no matter what way you look at it.
If you're truly grateful then write him an email saying thank you for all he's done. List his achievements and repeat your respects and good wishes in the main body of the text. Put the "cnut" stuff in a short PS.

Oldyella

I'm thankful for everything he done here but to walk out on us with 2 months of the season left is a cnut move no matter what way you look at it.
Think so too, especially as they are hardly in a relegation fight.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Anomaly like you said. Every top 6 team since then has improved while Leicester have lost by far their best player from that time.
Winning the league was. Leicester have gone backwards because of poor resource management, Rodgers took a Liverpool side that was lingering 5th-8th and almost dragged them to a title. Aye, Liverpool is a much bigger club but he's shown that he can do that with a club. Leicester have a good squad, have the platform to build from and the top 6 can be broken. The state of the league outside the top 6 at the moment is rubbish so if one of those clubs gets a good manager in then stabilising in that top 7 can be done. As much stick as Rodgers gets he's one that could probably do it.

Ban

Practically overnight. I get why would he want to leave but timing is a bit wrong overall.

predator

Youth NITK
It's a shame really that managing Leicester is probably seen as more desirable than managing a monster of a club of like Celtic -or Rangers tbf.

Obviously there are a few reasons why the above is prevalent - more money and the fact the English club compete in the premier league which attracts the biggest audiences.

As someone who works all over the UK I class Glasgow as my favourite city. Clubs the size of Celtic and Rangers deserve a bigger platform imo. Different thread though I guess.

SqualorVictoria

Supports
City
To be fair if someone is able to win 100 Scottish league titles, that would make him quite a football legend, regardless of the stage. An immortal even.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Didn't know he won 2 domestic trebles in last 2 seasons and had chance to win third domestic treble.

So since he took over, no other Scottish team has won a trophy.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Players do it all the time so I don't see why a manager shouldn't be able to do it. He's already won everything there is to win at Celtic and you almost get your medals by default at the club nowadays, it won't make that much of a difference to him. They are 8 points clear so should be absolutely fine this season as well.

Leicester is not a bigger club but more exposure, more opportunities and better pay, he probably didn't have to even think that long about it.

Classical Mechanic

Nice trolling.
I'm not trolling. They are bigger. They are recent Premier League winners, recent Champions League quarter finalists. Play is a miles bigger league. They are richer and have bigger global appeal than Celtic, 3 x as many social media followers etc.

Celtic beat them on European trophies and stadium size but its not enough.

The proof is in the pudding, why do you think B-Rod jumped ship despite Celtic fans thinking the idea ludicrous?

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Is it really a "cnut move" though? The impact it will have on Celtic's season will be fairly minimal IMO. A cardboard cut-out of Brendan Rodgers could steer them to a guaranteed title in the remaining games this season. Rangers aren't making up an 8 point deficit.

Celtic can start the groundwork for a new manager now, give the new man and the club's structure time to plan for next season. If Rodgers waited until the summer and then walked, Celtic have less time to prepare. How would that be less of a "cnut move"?

Celtic are historically a bigger club, but Leicester's resources currently dwarf Celtics, and the opportunity to play in a stronger league and actually be challenged is a good career move. If he stays at Celtic until the end of the season, the Leicester job will have been given to someone else.

We'd all do the same in our own careers. The expectation that players and managers remain loyal when better opportunities arise is a little bit backwards.

PoTMS

Neither would Celtic were they in the PL.