Brendan Rodgers | Rejoins Celtic on 3 year deal

Bojan11

Another solid performance in the second half. Champions league looking highly possible now.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Laugh out loud at those perenially-vainglorious Celtic buffoons who were up in arms when Rodgers announced he was leaving for Leicester.

Still makes me chuckle.

:lol::lol::lol:

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
Soyuncu is a fantastic defender, having a dream season. Easily one of the top 2 defenders in the PL right now.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Rodgers is a good manager, his record speaks for itself.

But I don't think he's equipped to handle top teams which naturally populated by top players.
The story of how handled his time at Liverpool is discouraging, on how he couldn't confront his own players.

If United were to employ him, sure he could probably get them to compete for top 3 but provided he has some raw materials to work with.
The current crops over at Leicester are decent: Vardy is reliable albeit waning, Maddison, Chilwell, Ricardo, Tielemans, Ndidi, Schemeicel and Gray are all good/promising players.
United's current squad contains DDG, Pogba, Rashford, Maguire, AWB and the much maligned Fred.

His record of signing players are sketchy though, United should not trust him to magically counteract Ed Woodward and make everything right.
Waning? He’s never looked better

R'hllor

Dunno, during Liverpool days he said how defending is easy, while his team conceding 50 goals per season in PL.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Soyuncu is a fantastic defender, having a dream season. Easily one of the top 2 defenders in the PL right now.
I had literally never heard of him before so I looked him up on google

Good stuff

Rafaeldagold

Again isn’t it amazing that a good manager makes a team better. Leicester have a much better manager than us & have a good season & optimism ahead.

We don’t & have no chance of Europe. We’ve made our decision sticking with Ole so that’s it for this season

drdoityourself

Commit so many players forward and still look very composed at the back. Ricardo and Chilwell get forward with conviction, even Ndidi has freedom to make forward runs when he sees the opportunity.

Positive manager, a bit of a weirdo but he's done a very good/excellent job at Swansea, Liverpool, Celtic and Leicester now.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
It's interesting to see the cafe have a favourable views on Rodgers for a change.

The way people talked about him on here for years it was if he was the worst manager in the world, when in reality he almost won the league playing some incredibly dazzling football!

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Leicester got one hell of a damn squad & I'd say they are equal/better to Chelsea's, Arsenal's & United's squads including Spurs ageing team at the moment.

Their board know how to target players & have done so for 5-6 years so I can't give Rodgers too much hype. These random youngsters like Soyuncu that no one has heard of is proof of it & will only continue even if Rodgers one day decides to leave for a better job. They did it with Mahrez & Kante or Ndidi & it just won't stop.

I want United to be run like Leicester City & as proven by Leicester - the manager just has to come and tie up the shoe laces for the team. :(

kidbob

Again isn’t it amazing that a good manager makes a team better. Leicester have a much better manager than us & have a good season & optimism ahead.

We don’t & have no chance of Europe. We’ve made our decision sticking with Ole so that’s it for this season
This needs to be highlighted the most. We don't need to buy all of Leicester's team, we need a coach who will improve our players. Wan Bisakka, Tuanzebe, McTominay, Martial, Rashford, Pogba and James alone have the potential to be excellent if they are coached properly. That's not mentioning the youngsters and even the likes of Fred and Shaw who could probably be much better in a good system. There is a pile of ability in our squad but they have never had the benefit of a coach who will improve their game.

Hats off to Rodgers. Always thought he was a good manager but now he is proving himself as a great one.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Leicester got one hell of a damn squad & I'd say they are equal to Chelsea's squad at the moment.

Their board know how to target players & have done so for 5-6 years so I can't give Rodgers too much hype. These random youngsters like Soyuncu that no one has heard of is proof of it & will only continue even if Rodgers one day decides to leave for a better job.

I want United to be run like Leicester City & as proven by Leicester - the manager just has to come and tie up the shoe laces for the team. :(
Yet ole got the praise for buying 3 defender worth 120m

Holocene

It's interesting to see the cafe have a favourable views on Rodgers for a change.

The way people talked about him on here for years it was if he was the worst manager in the world, when in reality he almost won the league playing some incredibly dazzling football!
What do you expect on a United forum?

Leicester got one hell of a damn squad & I'd say they are equal/better to Chelsea's, Arsenal's & United's squads including Spurs ageing team at the moment.

Their board know how to target players & have done so for 5-6 years so I can't give Rodgers too much hype. These random youngsters like Soyuncu that no one has heard of is proof of it & will only continue even if Rodgers one day decides to leave for a better job. They did it with Mahrez & Kante or Ndidi & it just won't stop.

Leicester have a good squad but Rodgers definitely deserves credit. They finished 9th last season.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
What do you expect on a United forum?

Leicester have a good squad but Rodgers definitely deserves credit. They finished 9th last season.
Im not disregarding his ability as a manager. However if I had to choose between Leicester City's Manager vs Leicester City's Board or Scouting Network - I'd definitely choose the second option for United.

The players they get for the price they pay are fantastic - absolutely competitive with the best in the league & consistent. They've done it for 6 years now & they don't look like stopping. They know what they are doing.

Untd55

Shame that Manchester United didn't go for Rodgers. I do not care that he was Liverpool manager. He is a quality manager that gets teams playing entertaining football and getting good results.

He has turned Leicester around into a potential title challenger.

Holocene

I don't know. They give Liverpool players their dues most of the time, even overhyping them occasionally.
Don't disagree with that. This Leicester team is a good example. It's a decent squad but it's being massively overrated. The biggest factor in Leicesters form is definitely Rodgers.

Canagel

His players are not world beaters. They missed lots of killer passes, some finishes that were fluffed and still scored 2 goals because of the set up and coaching.
We have better players in some positions and don't get close to his style of football. All the credit to him.

Holocene

His players are not world beaters. They missed lots of killer passes, some finishes that were fluffed and still scored 2 goals because of the set up and coaching.
We have better players in some positions and don't get close to his style of football. All the credit to him.
Agreed completely. I fully expect to see United fans comparing our squad to Leicester and complaining about our poor recruitment. Wishing we had their players etc. It's painfully obvious how poorly coached we are and have been for years.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Agreed completely. I fully expect to see United fans comparing our squad to Leicester and complaining about our poor recruitment. Wishing we had their players etc. It's painfully obvious how poorly coached we are and have been for years.
Whilst this is true. Their midfield is far superior to ours (especially without Pogba) and is their base of the good play. As well as good attacking fullbacks

Guy Incognito

He would fare better at a Leicester where he can just get on with coaching than a United or Arsenal where expectations are heightened.

His Liverpool side were attractive but very leaky at the back.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Always rated him, don't look up my post history :nervous:

Leicester look incredible tbf to him, let's see if they can keep this up throughout the season. CL place is there for the taking given Arsenal/Spurs and us are in all kinds of trouble.

CallyRed

His players have a lot of character. Before he took over, they had zero character. Now, untold amounts.

OverratedOpinion

He is an excellent coach, I think Leicester was a bloody brilliant career move for him. He was talked about for the Arsenal job a couple of years back and people laughed, if he keeps this up then he will be rightly in for an even bigger job.

LJJT

Half that Leicester team would walk in to ours. The other half is comparable. Leicester have had a structure and bought good quality players continuously over last 6 or so years and that’s a huge reason why they are doing well. Fair play to Rogers though he’s getting a lot out of them.

Holocene

Whilst this is true. Their midfield is far superior to ours (especially without Pogba) and is their base of the good play. As well as good attacking fullbacks
You're right, Leicesters midfield is definitely better than ours (minus Pogba) and it's because of poor recruitment. But a good manager has this current United squad in top 6, comfortably. Not 14th.

Icemav

Haven't watched them play this season but reaults don't lie (much).

Thr club has been well run and Rodgers proving his ability again. The key is to sustain success. Lets see how they go.