Brendan Rodgers | Rejoins Celtic on 3 year deal

izec

I would rather someone else, i have mixed feelings, just because he managed Liverpool for years. Yeah i know, but i cant shake that away. He is also a bit of a weird guy, but it is mainly his Liverpool connection putting me off. If it was between him and Ole, then of course, but i think there are other good candidates as well. Ultimately, the club should consider everyone and make a wise decision

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
He seems a more dignified character these days and, obviously, he's doing very well. I still don't want him here though, and not because of anything personal or because he's ex-Liverpool - he'd be an improvement on Ole but I don't believe Brendan will ever be top-tier in European competition. Domestically, he'd likely improve us greatly, so maybe that'd be enough for a few years.

fergosaurus

I'd take him if he was joined by a proven DoF. He's a good coach but his transfer record is pretty bad.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Would united fans take him?
I have made a lot of fun of him in the past few years, but I can't deny the incredible job he has done at Leicester so far. Still think, there's a world of difference between succeeding at Leicester and United, expectation/pressure/scrutiny/limelight is different level.

I would but why would he leave Leicester to come here?
He dropped Celtic like a hot potato once Leicester became interested. He'll do the same to them if we came calling. You just need to dig up his interviews inJuly/August during Maguire saga. Was pretty understanding of his players wanting to move to clubs like United/Liverpool given the rich history.

Having said that, he was a parody figure during latter part of tenure at Liverpool. Prestige, history, and tradition in here might bring out the same guff with him :nervous:

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I'd take him if he was joined by a proven DoF. He's a good coach but his transfer record is pretty bad.
He's actually low-key a really short term manager.

At both Liverpool and Celtic things started to unravel in season three, I know he still won the trophies at Celtic but they were progressively getting worse.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
How does it compare to Ole's first half with us? Is he doing better?

Fox_Chrys

Supports
LCFC
You and Arsenal have the same problem.

You need the structure at your club's fixing first and a decent young player base in place.

So you need a manager like Puel to kind of rebuild, prime the team for a big manager to maximise. As big managers kind of want that part to already be done.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
I would rather someone else, i have mixed feelings, just because he managed Liverpool for years. Yeah i know, but i cant shake that away. He is also a bit of a weird guy, but it is mainly his Liverpool connection putting me off. If it was between him and Ole, then of course, but i think there are other good candidates as well. Ultimately, the club should consider everyone and make a wise decision
Imagine it. Rogers as United manager. Gerrard as assistant :lol:

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
Apparently Rodgers has been offered a new contract of ten mill a year to stop him going anywhere. Exceptional job by his agent to create the media attention & get Brendan a new contract.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Apparently Rodgers has been offered a new contract of ten mill a year to stop him going anywhere. Exceptional job by his agent to create the media attention & get Brendan a new contract.
according to John Percy this was in the works before the links to Arsenal, I'm sure the links sped up the process and probably upped the wage though

montpelier

He had a massive painting of himself on the lounge wall. What is the matter with you people?

Robbie Boy

That's great. I'm really enjoying watching his Leicester side and I'm even happier that he didn't go to Arsenal as I fear he would have had them playing sexy stuff.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
He conducts interviews with it though.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Good for him. Leaving Leicester where they are now to feck around with Arsenal would have been a crying shame.

AOAARON

Supports
liverpool
Excellent manager as long as he isn't in charge of transfers.

I think if either Rodgers or Vardy goes, they won't be up there next year. Still surprised clubs haven't bought Vardy. Really shocking given I think he'd slot into everyone's systems. Strikes me as a very obvious SAF-like signing.

Bojan11

I think if either Rodgers or Vardy goes, they won't be up there next year. Still surprised clubs haven't bought Vardy. Really shocking given I think he'd slot into everyone's systems. Strikes me as a very obvious SAF-like signing.
Arsenal tried for Vardy.

But I think his age and high value has put off other clubs. Then you could say three of the top six don’t need him and don’t think he’s the type happy to sit on the bench especially at this stage of his career.

Surprised at Brendon getting a new contract so early. I know they wanna tie him down from Arsenal or other clubs, but usually when this happens for some strange reason it leads to a downturn in form for some managers.

DAK222

Supports
Liverpool
If Brentan stops Liverpool winning another league title he'll go down as a legend for me.
That would mean Leicester winning the league. In that case he'll go down as a legend period.

Fox_Chrys

Supports
LCFC

I could say the same.
I am surprised Liverpool haven't brought Rashford.
Manchester United haven't brought VVD
Chelsea haven't brought Mane

What is wrong with all these clubs not buying players from each other?

It is as if they have an agreement to not buy players from each other, but then buying Vardy is fair game?

Remember Arsenal tried to get Vardy but he turned them down.

Vardy also quit England because of all the harassment he got to join the big clubs. The England setup is a tapping up playground.

So I expect the reality is attempts have already been made to get Vardy, but because he said no behind closed doors then official bids were not made.

mav_9me

I think he has done a remarkable job, clearly he is a great coach.

But I am skeptical about 2 things:
1. IIRC his transfers at Liverpool towards the end failed.
2. I think his personality traits of narcissm are a problem long term. Maybe he has learned from his time at Liverpool, we shall see.

GGT

Now hopefully their results go south.. tends to usually happen when a manager rushes into signing a contract.
yep. Klopps new contract, last year, has really done for Liverpool.
Pray to god we dont give Ole a new contract, that would really scupper us.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City

The players were pretty much in place when he got to Leicester. I'm guessing he was consulted on Tielemans & Perez but I don't feel he will have carte blanche with transfers. Whatever Leicester have been doing in the transfer market has been working beyond believe.Madisson, Ricardo, Ndidi have turned out to be absolute steals. Now the trick will be finding a Vardy replacement !! That won't be easy

Reactions: Jippy