Brendan Rodgers | Rejoins Celtic on 3 year deal

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
A man who has been blessed by a lot of good fortune to be revered the way he currently is.

Budget David Brent

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
there goes brendan rodgers, i must remember to thank him.
He's just such a tosser. It really comes across in interviews, all the gaffes when he is pontificating to all around him. His personality is atrocious also, he condescends to everyone and speaks in constant innane metaphors.

I first met him before in the Tesco Express on Hinckley Rd a few weeks ago. Recognizing his fake hair, teeth, and tan I said I'd go over and say hi, I told him how it was great was to meet him in person, even as a Man Utd fan, and how I didn’t want to be a prick and bother him. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

All in all I was quite umimpressed and I can't imagine with a personality like his that he commands a huge amount of respect in the dressing room.

phenry

He's just such a tosser. It really comes across in interviews, all the gaffes when he is pontificating to all around him. His personality is atrocious also, he condescends to everyone and speaks in constant innane metaphors.

I first met him before in the Tesco Express on Hinckley Rd a few weeks ago. Recognizing his fake hair, teeth, and tan I said I'd go over and say hi, I told him how it was great was to meet him in person, even as a Man Utd fan, and how I didn’t want to be a prick and bother him. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

All in all I was quite umimpressed and I can't imagine with a personality like his that he commands a huge amount of respect in the dressing room.
I've lost any respect I had for him with that story.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
that story has been cut and pasted just with the Rodgers details changed from the original which was about some 90s footballer

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Going 541 is spineless at this point against this team.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Hopefully this puts an end to the Rodgers to United fantasy of certain posters.

They were absolutely terrible. Against that back 4 that we put out, you would have expected them to test us more, attack more and end the game in the first half itself

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Oh do shut up you stupid cnut

He's literally talking like he's just won the World Cup

I can't wait till next season to twat him and Leicester

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
They weren’t that impressive considering the changes we made, how many points do they need for top four? They definitely looked nervy at times I thought.

edgecutter

They weren’t that impressive considering the changes we made, how many points do they need for top four? They definitely looked nervy at times I thought.
If pool win their last 4 games Leicester need 4 points from their last 2.

We just have to do the business on Thursday and it's lights out for scousers.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
If pool win their last 4 games Leicester need 4 points from their last 2.

We just have to do the business on Thursday and it's lights out for scousers.
Hopefully we do, you’d think we’d be able to go back to a much stronger side on Thursday at least.

Acole9

Outstanding

:lol: Is this a joke?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Exceptionally lucky bastad to face our reserves just when they're having their usual end of season massive wobble.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Hopefully we do, you’d think we’d be able to go back to a much stronger side on Thursday at least.
We'll make 10 changes without any doubt at all. Probably only Greenwood starts again from tonight's crew.
Bruno, Cavani and Rashy came on, but 7 will be totally fresh.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
that story has been cut and pasted just with the Rodgers details changed from the original which was about some 90s footballer
Memes aren't quite as funny when someone just explains them three posts in. :lol:

Dominos

Just out of interest, if he gets top 4 this season but loses the cup final, is he considered a bottler or not this year?

Currently the "bottler" tag is based on 2 seasons which isn't a particularly large sample size. Being a bottler is always based on actual initital over achievement also. If he had done a mediocre job the season where Gerrard slipped and just scraped a 3rd placed finish without ever getting near the top, he'd actually be rated higher than almost winning the league, which seems absurd if you phrase it like that. Likewise if he had the sense to have Leicester hover around 5th/6th/7th for the majority of the season then there would be nothing to throw away and he'd be rated higher than having them in the top 4 race but missing out.

If they throw away top 4 this season it really does not look good though.

mark clatternburg

Supports
Leicester City
Oh do shut up you stupid cnut

He's literally talking like he's just won the World Cup

I can't wait till next season to twat him and Leicester
Hopefully, you do a better job of it, than you did in three attempts this season.

charlenefan

Hopefully, you do a better job of it, than you did in three attempts this season.
Indeed, 6 points out of 6 was much more like it last season. Hopefully when we do play Leicester next season we won't give them a leg up twice by playing weakened teams

foxedup

Supports
Leicester
Just out of interest, if he gets top 4 this season but loses the cup final, is he considered a bottler or not this year?

Currently the "bottler" tag is based on 2 seasons which isn't a particularly large sample size. Being a bottler is always based on actual initital over achievement also. If he had done a mediocre job the season where Gerrard slipped and just scraped a 3rd placed finish without ever getting near the top, he'd actually be rated higher than almost winning the league, which seems absurd if you phrase it like that. Likewise if he had the sense to have Leicester hover around 5th/6th/7th for the majority of the season then there would be nothing to throw away and he'd be rated higher than having them in the top 4 race but missing out.

If they throw away top 4 this season it really does not look good though.
I think there is something in it. Whether it's team conditioning or whether it's the fact he gets cautious when the pressure is on, and that transfers to the team.

In terms of energy two seasons in a row the players look shot, compared to the first 6 months of the season. Plus we've had a bundle of injuries again, which we never did before him. We got rid of our head physio who has been here 20 years randomly, wouldn't be shocked if there had been a disagreement about training and conditioning of the players.

Also, far too often he'll abandon what we've been doing well and shove an extra DM in, or go to a back 5 that doesn't really ever work. Thinking it's tightening things up, but it generally just stifles us.

It shouldn't take away from the fact he's doing a good job still, but it's ultimately disappointing when you fall at the final hurdle.

mbs1984

Supports
Leicester
Indeed, 6 points out of 6 was much more like it last season. Hopefully when we do play Leicester next season we won't give them a leg up twice by playing weakened teams
I know we can be myopic as football fans and only focus on our own teams, but this is a bit of a fallacy.

The FA Cup game you were basically missing Shaw, Fernandez and possibly Cavani from a full strength XI. For comparison, we were missing Maddison and Ricardo.

As you refer to the previous season as a barometer for what you'd expect to happen, bear in mind we had to wheel out a geriatric Wes Morgan to replace the injured Ryan Bennett (exactly) in the CL shootout. Not to mention missing Ricardo, Maddison, Soyuncu or Chilwell.

acnumber9

I’m not sure how anyone can look at the Leicester fans on this forum and actually want them to qualify for the Champions League.

charlenefan

I know we can be myopic as football fans and only focus on our own teams, but this is a bit of a fallacy.

The FA Cup game you were basically missing Shaw, Fernandez and possibly Cavani from a full strength XI. For comparison, we were missing Maddison and Ricardo.

As you refer to the previous season as a barometer for what you'd expect to happen, bear in mind we had to wheel out a geriatric Wes Morgan to replace the injured Ryan Bennett (exactly) in the CL shootout. Not to mention missing Ricardo, Maddison, Soyuncu or Chilwell.
We were missing Shaw, Rashford, Bruno and Cavani from the FA Cup tie. That's our 3 top scorers and one of our main creative players

Its not just the players that weren't there though it's the players who were on the pitch, with VDB and Martial on a bad day you're essentially playing with 9 men

The Purley King

I’m not sure how anyone can look at the Leicester fans on this forum and actually want them to qualify for the Champions League.
When the alternative is Liverpool, its an easy choice..........
Was annoying though, listening to that plank Sutton wank on about how well Leicester were playing, when they were struggling against our reserves and only squeaked through due to a set piece.
Despite his David Brent like tendencies I quite like Rodgers and will be good to see them in the CL again, his sides play some decent stuff at times.
He's also manged to morph Ndidi into prime Fernandinho in that he manages to commit 7 or 8 fouls every game without getting booked. Was amazing to watch him chop down player after player and somehow escape punishment.