Brendan Rodgers | Rejoins Celtic on 3 year deal

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Always makes me laugh when I cast my mind back to Celtic fans apoplectic with rage that he left them to go to ‘only Leicester’. The chap obviously is incredibly ambitious and fancied himself to salvage his reputation in the Premier League and he’s done that with aplomb inside three years.

Rodgers wouldn’t publicly admit it but he undoubtedly saw Leicester as a stepping stone towards nailing a ‘big 4’ job and I’ll be shocked if that doesn’t materialise sooner rather than later for him.
Actually, if he can keep this up at Leicester, and Spurs and Arsenal don't improve soon, then we might have to start talking about a top 5, and he'd be in it without changing jobs.
His 1st trophy.
In England I suppose you mean?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Why would he leave if he get's them in the CL? if he gets them to CL, I think the owner will spend more than what Spurs and Arsenal will for example. It's a side move for Brendan at best, at this point.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
I'm still not convinced he's a title winning manager, but he's certainly on his way to changing that opinion,

I really hope Leicester stick with him and get top 4 (if only to keep Liverpool out), and that he doesn't take the Spurs job, because that seems a massive poison chalice.

FA Cup and top 4, this season, and a decent showing in Europe next season, and he's pretty much proven every doubt people have about him wrong.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Always makes me laugh when I cast my mind back to Celtic fans apoplectic with rage that he left them to go to ‘only Leicester’. The chap obviously is incredibly ambitious and fancied himself to salvage his reputation in the Premier League and he’s done that with aplomb inside three years.

Rodgers wouldn’t publicly admit it but he undoubtedly saw Leicester as a stepping stone towards nailing a ‘big 4’ job and I’ll be shocked if that doesn’t materialise sooner rather than later for him.
Fans are always going to be angry when their manager sneaks off in the middle of the night, a night before a huge away game slap bang in the middle of a title race. It was a snake move. He could've waited until the end of the season. As for the "only Leicester" part... well, the man himself confirmed Leicester are a smaller club than Celtic so of course fans are going to be angry. It isn't like he left to go to Man Utd or Liverpool.

No matter your thoughts on why he left, it's how he left that rankles.

keithsingleton

Would anyone take him here at Utd? Anyone...anyone ?
Yes yes yes I would. I've grown to like he over the years. If things don't turn out well for Ole United will have Brendan on the short list for sure. He deserves his chance. Let's be honest he was unlucky not to win it at Liverpool back in 2014.

He's got a great temprement, doesn't show arrogance to other clubs. Hell yeah I'd give him a try with what managers are available at the moment.

Congrats Brendan and Leicester.

On a side note. Wouldn't it be great to have owner/owners like Leicester.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Why would he leave if he get's them in the CL? if he gets them to CL, I think the owner will spend more than what Spurs and Arsenal will for example. It's a side move for Brendan at best, at this point.
Money?

Also you know he'll want to prove himself at one of the "big" clubs in England after failing at Liverpool.

He'll end up back at Chelsea at some point, I'm convinced of it!

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Yes yes yes I would. I've grown to like he over the years. If things don't turn out well for Ole United will have Brendan on the short list for sure. He deserves his chance. Let's be honest he was unlucky not to win it at Liverpool back in 2014.

He's got a great temprement, doesn't show arrogance to other clubs. Hell yeah I'd give him a try with what managers are available at the moment.

He was very complimentary about us when Leicester played us a couple of years back. Really threw his support behind Ole. Wonder if like a lot Norn Irn folks he grew up a fan of Utd because of George Best

Paul_Scholes18

I think he is a better manager than Ole, but do not see him take us to the levels we need.
He is not the highest elite level that we would need to beat Pep.

If we go with someone a step under that we might as well let Ole keep doing his job.
He knows our squad now and might have better eye in the transfer market for our needs.

Zen86

Good for him. Hopefully he can hold on to the Top 4. I don’t mind him as a manager even if he did manage the scousers.

Giggs' right foot

If it doesn't work out with Ole - absolutely. He was great at Swansea, Liverpool - Celtic, and Scotland in general I know feck all about - and now at Leicester. Absolutely worth a punt in the future if things go south - but his contract isn't running up until 2025.

Inigo Montoya

You mean an owner who sees the club as part of the community and invests in that. Sees the fans as integral?

Nah, feck off! I want people milking our
Club and having feck all idea what we want

Inigo Montoya

If it doesn't work out with Ole - absolutely. He was great at Swansea, Liverpool - Celtic, and Scotland in general I know feck all about - and now at Leicester. Absolutely worth a punt in the future if things go south - but his contract isn't running up until 2025.
Chelsea it is I feel

keithsingleton

He was very complimentary about us when Leicester played us a couple of years back. Really threw his support behind Ole. Wonder if like a lot Norn Irn folks he grew up a fan of Utd because of George Best
Think Spurs wanted him if you listen to the media ( which I don't ) but can see why if he was approached would say no. Didn't know that about George Best but now that you've told me that I'm even more sure I'd give him a go at our place.

If United did go for him he wouldn't turn us down.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He’s done very well with Leicester & they’ve got a few very good players in their squad. Happy for him & hopefully this will give them the confidence to finish in the top 4.

Idxomer

Actually, if he can keep this up at Leicester, and Spurs and Arsenal don't improve soon, then we might have to start talking about a top 5, and he'd be in it without changing jobs.

In England I suppose you mean?
Right.

GingerGenius

I have always thought Rodgers would have been a great candidate for the United job, but obviously with his connection to Liverpool that will never happen now.

I remember reading 'Living on the volcano' by Michael Calvin and he spoke at lengths to Rodgers and his coaching ideals and ethos would have matched our values perfectly.

Obviously, I hated it at the time but he did a great job at Liverpool, he's the best British coach around in my opinion.

On another note, I'm chuffed for Jonny Evans to win the FA Cup, he's a great guy - I dare say I'd still have him in our side now.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
He grew up a Celtic fan.

Unless you mean were United like his 'English team'? In that case, I dunno, but knowing him he'll claim to have been a boyhood fan of whoever is paying his wages at the time.

edit: Turns out his favourite English team were Sheffield Wednesday :lol:

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
He grew up a Celtic fan.

Unless you mean were United like his 'English team'? In that case, I dunno, but knowing him he'll claim to have been a boyhood fan of whoever is paying his wages at the time.

edit: Turns out his favourite English team were Sheffield Wednesday :lol:
He said he supported Sheffield Wednesday in England, as a family member played for them when he was young.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Money?

Also you know he'll want to prove himself at one of the "big" clubs in England after failing at Liverpool.

He'll end up back at Chelsea at some point, I'm convinced of it!
IIRC he's already around the 4th highest paid manager in the league, Spurs and Arsenal come with all the pressure of a big club but without the support from above, could see him going to Chelsea or either of the 2 Manchester clubs but not Spurs or Arsenal

mu4c_20le

Still think Levy will get his man, at least he'll push for it. There will be a collective sigh of relief from leicester fans when they finally appoint someone else.

The Hilton

Out Chelsea'd Chelsea today, looks like Leicester have gotten over their wobble.

Still, the match in mid week is actually bigger, a loss and they're in serious danger of dropping out of the CL.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Out Chelsea'd Chelsea today, looks like Leicester have gotten over their wobble.

Still, the match in mid week is actually bigger, a loss and they're in serious danger of dropping out of the CL.
I hope they make it into top 4 . But I do not agree with it being bigger than tonight for Leicester. Do you think you will see scenes like you did post game if they finish top 4?

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City

depends on Liverpool, I can see a Big Sam master class tomorrow for instance

The Hilton

I hope they make it into top 4 . But I do not agree with it being bigger than tonight for Leicester. Do you think you will see scenes like you did post game if they finish top 4?
Well given that the players celebrated beating our reserves on Tuesday with just as much vigour it can't be far off!

From a long term point of view its bigger, players will care more about CL football than an FA Cup win.

I do hope they make it though, if nothing else because it keeps one of Chelsea and City out.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
in all honesty I Want top 4 obviously but if we come 5th now I won't care

The Hilton

depends on Liverpool, I can see a Big Sam master class tomorrow for instance
I'd be delighted with that, but they're relegated now so an early goal will likely kill any resistance.

On paper, and on form, Liverpool should be strolling through their remaining matches.