Brendan Rodgers | Rejoins Celtic on 3 year deal

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Where are all the pundits clamoring about Evans being the best defender on the current United squad if he had stayed? Leicester’s defensive record has been dog shit as well.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Where are all the pundits clamoring about Evans being the best defender on the current United squad if he had stayed? Leicester’s defensive record has been dog shit as well.
our defence has lost all its confidence, a combination of the manager twatting around with the system and poor play behind them

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
How invigorating to watch us today and listen to Ralf having been linked to this imposter. Not a chance in he'll he'll figure in the conversation at the end of the season.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
His Leicester are all over the shop. He has done great up until this season but he doesn't seem to be able to stop them shipping goals. He's a good manager, not a great manager. Let that be the end of any conversation linking him to the Man Utd job.

AshRK

had a go at fans for booing the performance then after spending 2 years talking about fighting the big boys said we have been over achieving, fans remember what he said in his own introductory press conference he said we should be fighting for top 6, so that's what we expect now he starts with excuses.
Thanks for that. Yeah that's a sign of someone who is slowly losing his control. I feel like many coaches , his life at a club lasts for 3 years. He runs out of ideas. I feel you lot have seen your peak under Rodgers. He did a good job and honestly should have got at least one top 4 position. But the FA cup win was a nice story.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Reckon you can tempt Potter in the summer maybe?
that's who I want
Thanks for that. Yeah that's a sign of someone who is slowly losing his control. I feel like many coaches , his life at a club lasts for 3 years. He runs out of ideas. I feel you lot have seen your peak under Rodgers. He did a good job and honestly should have got at least one top 4 position. But the FA cup win was a nice story.
I've always felt he would go this summer but now I want him to

hobbers

Should get rid and go for Potter.

Only downhill from here under Rodgers, that's obvious.

AshRK

Knocked out of europa to Conference league. His time at Leicester is up. Hopefully no one from our board even entertain this guy.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Can't believe there actually are United fans who want this certified choker and scouse reject as the next manager. Should ban anyone who ever even entertained the idea.

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
Maybe Conference league is better for them..

They're not Barcelona, Sevilla, West Ham, Napoli, Dortmund etc. level but in conference only Tottenham, Rennes and maybe Roma have something more.. They can win it

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Knocked out of europa to Conference league. His time at Leicester is up. Hopefully no one from our board even entertain this guy.
I think Rodgers is still a good coach but for sure he is well behind Poch and Ten Hag anyway.

Im sure we will pursue TH now. Unless city want him, then it might be a problem and we turn to Poch.

Rodgers is surely not a consideration now.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
I don't want to sound ungrateful but Rodgers has got to go, to not qualify from that group is unforgiveable, I also think he has to take responsibility for the injuries, he ousted Dave Rennie (head physio) under whom our injury record was superb then suddenly everyone is going down with muscle injuries, nothing will change whilst Rodgers is here now, he's lost the players and is rapidly losing the fans. Pull the plug now

Telsim

Once a bottler, always a bottler. Good ol' Brendan. Mental he was even connected to us. I sincerely hope this was coming from his PR team.

AshRK

I think Rodgers is still a good coach but for sure he is well behind Poch and Ten Hag anyway.

Im sure we will pursue TH now. Unless city want him, then it might be a problem and we turn to Poch.

Rodgers is surely not a consideration now.
He should not be for a consideration for anytime. He is a decent coach but not to coach a club like United. He would be a disaster here.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Maybe Conference league is better for them..

They're not Barcelona, Sevilla, West Ham, Napoli, Dortmund etc. level but in conference only Tottenham, Rennes and maybe Roma have something more.. They can win it
Not unless they sack Rodgers. He's alergic to European competitions - in the last two seasons he had Leicester City in the Champions League places then also had them falling away on the final game or two to end up qualifying for just the Europa. Last season he had them get knocked out of Europa League in the round of 32 and should have done better against Slavia Prague with the squad they had.

He's really underachieved with them.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
I feel more grateful to have Rangnick every single day :lol:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He should not be for a consideration for anytime. He is a decent coach but not to coach a club like United. He would be a disaster here.
I think for now yes. But managers are not different to players in the context of growth. They can learn and peak at different times.

Hes obviously going through his first really rough patch at Leicester but the achievements hes made in his career at his age is worthy of commendment. Lesser managers have held posts at top clubs for far less.

hobbers

Bodgers mighty record in Europe continues :lol:

Ten Hag's Ajax: 18 points out of 18 in the CL group stage, 20 scored 5 conceded. Total dominance.

Rodger's vastly more expensively assembled and higher paid Leicester: knocked out of B tier European competition by Napoli and Spartak Moscow.

There were actual United fans wanting us to hire him above all other options a month ago. People on our own fecking board rated him higher than Ten Hag.

Last edited:

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
He's just very shit at this European thing.

ManagerCompetitionClubGamesWDLGFGAGDW %
RodgersCLCeltic121381034-248%
RodgersCLLiverpool612359-417%
RodgersEuropaLeicester146442618843%
RodgersEuropaCeltic10406714-740%
RodgersEuropaLiverpool146442321243%

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Conference is his level in Europe. His European (CL) record is pathetic for someone who some think is a good manager…hes not

always_hoping

Someone please explain to me why they wanted him at United? Absolute madness.
Probably a stab in the dark/guess by Samuel Luckhurst and a lot of people still don't realise he's more miss than hit with the news he publish.

AshRK

I think for now yes. But managers are not different to players in the context of growth. They can learn and peak at different times.

Hes obviously going through his first really rough patch at Leicester but the achievements hes made in his career at his age is worthy of commendment. Lesser managers have held posts at top clubs for far less.
I don't think he is made to manage a top club who wants to win tittle. He is a decent coach but not every decent coach should get to manage a club like United. Also, it's not like his football is very expansive and fun to watch. He had limitations and gets found out more often than not. Fortunately he won the FA cup or else his time would have looked as a failure especially with him bottling top 4 twice.

mu4c_20le

Probably a stab in the dark/guess by Samuel Luckhurst and a lot of people still don't realise he's more miss than hit with the news he publish.
Think he meant the Rodgers fanboys who were all smug when we said he's at his level. They have been pretty quiet lately.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Think he meant the Rodgers fanboys who were all smug when we said he's at his level. They have been pretty quiet lately.
As I said before: it was beyond me how he had fecking fanboys on a Man Utd forum. Unless they’re all Northern Irish or something

RUCK4444

He's doing a great job (of hopefully ending our supposed interest in him)

That said I'm surprised he's doing this badly, I don't want him as manager here but I've always thought he was decent.

AshRK

He's doing a great job (of hopefully ending our supposed interest in him)

That said I'm surprised he's doing this badly, I don't want him as manager here but I've always thought he was decent.
He is decent but with limitations. I feel with all due respect teams like Leicester are his level and even their fans would know their team is better than this. He will never survive here which is why when fans say he should manage us I don't understand. He will be under immense scrutiny from day one and any sort of bottling will not be tolerated and even the press will hound him.

Having said that I feel if he is sacked arsenal should hire him. He will do a much better job than arteta.