Brentan Rodgers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kostur

海尔的老板
You'd think he invented a fecking wheel the way he talks about playing 343. Is Brucey getting praise for being a British manager playing 352 or 343 if you will?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Who is actually giving Sterling stick in the press? I haven't actually seen any.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
LMA Meeting

"'3-4-3'?!?
"Burn the wizard from the future!"

The Red Thinker

Wait... so more and more the three at the back is being embraced. Villa have done it a few times this season. Now Liverpool are going to adopt it full time according to Rodgers. I'd love to see how the media take to three at the back now. They were constantly on our back for employing the 3-5-2 saying that Louis's lost the plot. Saying it doesn't work in English football. I'd take some constructive criticism of the formation but the standard retort was - "It's just not working." I found that frustrating because if you look at the number of times our individual players make the easiest of passes into misjudged passes and that ends up leading to a chance, it is plentiful. We've often been the masters of our own misery and if we take away all the instances we didn't lose possession to them having a chance, we'd look a lot better.

Now, I bet you'll see the media start talking about individual errors more than formations because other clubs have embraced it. Just you watch.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
That's exactly what I thought. I couldn't believe it when I read the article and realised it wasn't satire.
He needs to stop speaking in the third person, it's getting really weird.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Rodgers: "Nobody puts Brendos Rodgeriguez in the corner..."

The Law of Denis

Brendan Rodgers is a Football Genius.
The other night it was a British coach playing 3-4-3 so he has probably thrown the team together. ‘He has played seven midfielders?’ If it was a foreign coach it would probably have been seen as a wonderful tactical idea of playing the game. ‘Sterling playing through the middle – what is he doing? [Lazar] Markovic out wide?’ But that is the key for us – trying to get the players in position who can make us effective.
He lost 3-0. Why on earth is he saying this after losing 3-0 ?

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
What is it with his celebration? I've never seen such an up his own arse celebration as that since Cantona had his chest puffed out! At least to be fair to Cantona he had just produced a moment of genius and if was hard to argue with his celebration. Rodgers doing it is just cringeworthy!

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Got away with some horrific subs. Taking off Markovic when he was their best player was stupid. And sending Sterling to left back when they needed a goal.
I thought taking off Markovic was a good decision myself. He was losing the ball in dangerous positions for them. As was moving Sterling to a deeper position where he could actually run at players.

What is it with his celebration? I've never seen such an up his own arse celebration as that since Cantona had his chest puffed out! At least to be fair to Cantona he had just produced a moment of genius and if was hard to argue with his celebration. Rodgers doing it is just cringeworthy!
It's annoying. A bit irrational for me to get annoyed by it, but I do. :lol:

Zoo

So after freezing out Borini for ages he brings him back in, charged up looking to prove himself. But the player loses his head and gets sent off. Great management.

Robbie Boy

He really is a tosser of the highest order. Imagine him being your boss and having to listen to his self indulged nonsense on a daily basis.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Someone at the club needs to mute him, sick of the constant shite talking.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Rodgers: "Our performance today was better than the 5-1 last year... no doubt about that."

Lol.

Amethyst

It's banter lads, inn't?
Talking about the character of team again, all of his interviews sound exactly the same irrespective of the result. Thought this performance was better than last year's against Arsenal. :lol::p

Last edited:

Trizy

Rodgers: "Our performance today was better than the 5-1 last year... no doubt about that."

Lol.
Did he actually say that? I think the fella visually impaired, he just got lucky last year and everyone thinks he's a genius but he just turns up to games and tries judge them from the actions of the crowds because little Brandon cannot see 2 feet in front of him.

R'hllor

"I would understand if they played away and used term "terrible" but to sound that harsh regarding our own pitch.Thats not fair i gave everything to make it perfect" - Reg

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers, speaking to BBC Sport: "There's no doubt we deserved to win the game, our performance level was outstanding. Our performance today was better then when we won here last year 5-1. We had total domination of the first half, and 1-0 was probably about right. But then we gave away a disappointing goal right on half-time, and that can leave you a bit deflated.

"In the second half we continued to press, probe and create, and then all of a sudden we gave away a poor goal. There's no problem with our organisation. It is the decision making that can be our problem, and you cannot make poor decisions if you are going to keep clean sheets. But even down to 10 men we kept penetrating and the goal at the end was the very least we deserved, for the character we showed."

"It was an outstanding performance, our passing and movement on the pitch, which is terrible, was superb.

"We deserved to be one up at half-time and I don't think it was a free-kick in the build-up to their second. Alexis Sanchez dived for me and the referee bought it, but we have to defend better. We lost three duels and we need to win the first one.

"I'm delighted with our performances this week against Manchester United, Bournemouth and Arsenal, it shows we are getting back to where we are.

"At half-time we asked for more of the same with the same movement and then we showed great character to fight back from 2-1 down with 10 men.

"I don't think before this week we have been close to that level of speed and thought. You have to be creative as a coach to find a system that brings you back to that."

Status
Not open for further replies.