Brentford keep the same kit next season

Nero

Wasn't too long ago two years was the norm.

We stopped doing it at the end of '09.

Surprised clubs took so long to cash in.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Good for them and I hope others follow but I expect that our contract with adidas will stipulate new kits every season so it’ll have to be a future thing.

Andy_Cole

I remember United used to change kits every 2 years. We had a kit launch yearly as it was home and away alternative years.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
Excellent statement. A cynic may argue its just a very small drop in the ocean, but it are vital steps in changing the mindset of a larger audience to think critical about stuff like this.

Rockets Redglare

I remember United used to change kits every 2 years. We had a kit launch yearly as it was home and away alternative years.
We could still do that and probably sell just as many shirts as we do now.

The cynic in me however believes that if we went down to every two years like Brentford we’d probably up the price.

Cloud7

The companies like Adidas, Nike etc will probably demand that the big clubs do yearly kit changes so they can make more in sales. I doubt this idea is workable at one of the bigger clubs. It is a good idea and the thinking behind it is sound, but as usual I think the money will dictate what happens in the end, at least with the super clubs who are all about the money.

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Blackburn’s official club charter used to say that we’d change home kits every 2 seasons, before they quietly dropped it during the mid 00s or so.

I remember our chairman (who overall did an excellent job to be honest) tried to justify it by arguing that fans in general (and not just kids), were excited by a new kit launch.

led_scholes

Yeah changing the kit every year seems to reduce the magic of the kit. On the other hand, it saves you from an awful kit.

Imo, we should at least keep the away kit for 2 seasons (or more).

Lyng

Fantastic move by Brentford.
Its not going to happen but it would be nice if the rest of the league followed suit.

stevoc

Good it's ridiculous that clubs change their kit every year. You can see with the shite designs they spit out most years that a new kit every year is too many.

But to be honest i'm a bit surprised the manufacturers haven't tried to get the big clubs to start changing their kits mid-season as well.

Man Utd: ''Our iconic new home kit for the month of October will honour the glorious Treble season by featuring David May's face emblazoned on the front. Get yours now at https://store.manutd.com/Yeswe'retakingthepissnowbutyoumugswillbuyitanywaylol.''

luck&neat

Wow, I'd totally forgotten that's the way it used to be. So accustomed to the constant new kits. Seems like 2 or 3 lifetimes ago now

JinnerJamie

Small ginger
It used to be mandated I don't know if it was FA instructed or Premier League but things changed around 2009/10 and from then on clubs started pumping out new shirts every season.

Bring back the old system of alternate years and put the away shirt back to 3rd kit when that is replaced.

The Oracle

Remember when we used to have a Champions League kit, and we wore it for 3 x consecutive seasons?

James Peril

Honestly couldn’t care less, they’re hardly saving the planet as some foolishly say. They’ll have a brand new one for their return to the Championship after next season - that’s prety much a given. I like new kits every season, it fuels the fans with optimism and wipes out the shit that happened last year (for a few weeks at least)

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Love it, a clear decision against their own commercial interests that shows they listen to their fans and/or care for the environment (where every little helps).
Honestly couldn’t care less, they’re hardly saving the planet as some foolishly say. They’ll have a brand new one for their return to the Championship after next season - that’s prety much a given. I like new kits every season, it fuels the fans with optimism and wipes out the shit that happened last year (for a few weeks at least)
You sound nice...

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
Are you Mark Lawrenson in disguise? He says we will lose every game 2-0 pretty much every week in his prediction thing on the BBC football site, like him, I think you might just be getting it wrong.

We are keeping the home kit but will be getting a new away kit and 3rd kit, it's a good decision but the cynic in me says would we be doing it if we sold millions of kits around the world....

ReallyUSA

It's an interesting move, and a more sensible thing for a club at that size.