Sat, 13 August 2022 @ 5:30pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
    I'm assuming Liverpool will beat us in GW3, so we really need a win here. 1 or 0 points from our opening three games would make for a grim atmosphere.
    our goal difference could be awful too if Liverpool are in the mood to embarrass us

Trex

De Gea
    Dalot, Maguire, Martinez, Malacia
    Eriksen, Fred, Van De beek
    Sancho, Ronaldo, Bruno

FrantikChicken

Think this will be the side. Potentially Ronaldo info for Martial if he’s not fit and I could see him trying Malacia instead of shaw who was poor agaisnt Brighton.
    could definitely see Ronaldo starting yes, it’s hard to tell.

With the back line although there were issues my thinking is he’ll want to give them a few games of playing together for consistency and won’t be in a hurry to make changes just yet.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
    Expect a lot of changes here. Ten Hag wouldn’t of liked what he seen first game. I’d be tempted to play eriksen and VDB, 1 in AM and 1 in CM and obviously they can interchange. Dunno who would be best to partner them with. I’d probably say Fred. That’s just because he’s a tad better then mctominay.

Hughes35

I can't see us getting a clean sheet and I don't see a regular goal scorer apart from Ronaldo..... He has to start!

Think we will scrape an edgy 2-1 win with Ronaldo and a random scorer.

Telsim

De Gea

Dalot
    Varane
    Martinez
    Shaw

Fred
    VdB
    Eriksen

Sancho
    Ronaldo
    Garnacho

Eriksen and Bruno both being on the pitch is way, way too many hail marys for my liking. And I prefer Eriksen over Bruno. VdB was decent against Brighton, and definitely better than McTominay. Fred starts out of necessity. Rashford shouldn't start under any circumstances. Subs should come in early, not in the 89'.

Barely any height in that team, but it is what it is. Do that and maybe we can win. Maybe. If I see McFred I'm tuning out.

Last edited:

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
    Rashford and McTominay are way below the required standard. They need to find a club at their level. Would be alright in a championship team, maybe. Fair play to the manager for benching Ronaldo. Pity it did not work — It’s a pity Bruno didn’t take his first half chance. It’s team building; it is hard to be patient I know. We need to listen to Ten Haag. Key question; is he being supported? Knowing the form of the Glazer-slime at board level, I have doubts, but for now, I’ll suspend judgement.

GMoore23

De Gea
    Dalot - Maguire - Lindelof - Shaw
    Eriksen - Fred
    Bruno
    Sancho - Ronaldo - Rashford

Think Martinez needs more time to settle in and definitely wouldn't trust him in an away game yet.

sdb4884

Complete panic stations if we lose, considering who comes next. I think if we lose to Brentford there will be some sort of fan reaction at Old Trafford the next week.

VivaRonaldo85

DDG
    Dalot Maguire Martinez Malacia
    Fred
    Erikssen Bruno
    Sancho Ronaldo Rashford

3-0 United​
    The ridiculous thing is, IF those players in that team actually started to perform to their capabilities, it’s not a bad side. It’s no league contender but it’s a top 4 XI IMO. The problem is there isn’t one player performing to anything like their capabilities (can’t class the new signings in this category just yet).

FerociousCorgis

there absolutely has to be changes, especially to the midfield. If he goes back to mcfred again he already will be burning a lot of his goodwill, it is literally that egregious of a decision. FBs were absolutely shit last game too. Think those are two spots that need the most changing without going too crazy on the changes.

Tincanalley

Because I thought maguire was ok yesterday. Dalot and de gea were awful as were mcfred.

Maguire would be fine if he had a GK willing to sweep or command his area, who isn't a coward and was confident and able with the ball at his feet. Because with de gea maguire has to take all those responsibilities on as well, he is forced to cover too much and is getting caught out. And that is before we even go into the void at RB and DM that also hampers him massively.
    Good points, good post

Tincanalley

This week has been extremely long, and we are only halfway through. Somehow, I am really looking forward to another game with the foolish hope that we will somehow improve and play a good game against Brentford.

In reality, it's a toss-up.
    Close.

Chip

Brentford 3 - 1 United.

We'll start off promising in the first 10-15 minutes, slowly fade away, get caught on the break twice around '30. We'll spend second half chasing a comeback in vain - maybe getting a single goal from a penalty before conceding for the third time.

Tincanalley

United will win this fairly handy. 2 or 3 nil. The knee jerk will spin off somewhere else. But it’s far from ideal… all aspects, planning, etc. I don’t know much about Rabiot … we will soon find out.

el diablorojo

Supports
    Brentford
    Looking forward to this one, last Sunday we took a point of another team that did the double over us last season so now time to set the record straight with United too. Having said that I thought last season we were playing you at the right time too and look how that turned out :)

I hope we press you like we did early weeks of last season to Arsenal and Liverpool at home - seems like that is the way to play you at the minute. We were a bit too respectful of Leicester in the first half and only really went at them when 2-0 down. I think we need a fast start Saturday evening and we could be in with a shout of an upset.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
    I'd expect Ronaldo to start but I never bother with trying to guess full line-ups

OverratedOpinion

We will win 3-1 and those that plead for patience with Ten Hag until the first stumbling block will all be joyous again.

OverratedOpinion

Looking forward to this one, last Sunday we took a point of another team that did the double over us last season so now time to set the record straight with United too. Having said that I thought last season we were playing you at the right time too and look how that turned out :)

I hope we press you like we did early weeks of last season to Arsenal and Liverpool at home - seems like that is the way to play you at the minute. We were a bit too respectful of Leicester in the first half and only really went at them when 2-0 down. I think we need a fast start Saturday evening and we could be in with a shout of an upset.
    Eriksen hat trick

3-1

The 1 for you comes from Toney who inspires Ten Hag to sign him. You sign Arnautovic as a replacement.

stoinz

i'd like to see
    DDG
    Dalot Maguire Martinez Malacia
    Eriksson
    Bruno Iqbal
    Sancho Ronaldo Gernacho

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
    If we play like we did in the second half the other day I fancy us to be too strong. What we can’t do is start shit again and be 2 goals down. We also can’t start well and let them back into it.

Given its guaranteed we will be shit in either the first or second half, I’m hoping we play poorly in the first half but manage to escape going behind, then play better second half and get a late winner. 1-0, Eriksen.

el diablorojo

Supports
    Brentford
    Eriksen hat trick

3-1

The 1 for you comes from Toney who inspires Ten Hag to sign him. You sign Arnautovic as a replacement.
    You'd only gazzump us at the last minute and take him as well on a 5 year deal at £450k a week.... what's the phrase - muppets rejoice??

Jaap

Love to see this;

De Gea
    Dalot Varane Martínez Malacia
    Fred
    Bruno (c) Eriksen
    Sancho Ronaldo Garnacho

Won’t be but one can hope.

united for life

Not what I think hell pick but what I’d be tempted to do after that.

De Gea
    Dalot - Varane - Martinez - Malacia
    Garner
    Bruno - Eriksen
    Sancho - Ronaldo - Garnacho​
    i’d like to see this set up too. Why keep going with the same players. To get different results, we need some shaking up in the lineup. This isn’t bad

Trophy Room

I guess we can use the heatwave excuse when we lose again this weekend? The team is after all from the North(west).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

2.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 434 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Brentford win
  • Draw