Kick-off
Sat, 13 August 2022 @ 5:30pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

NLunited

Mate i guess you did not see AWB come in at the 66th minute in the pre season game against Crystal Palace and basicly looked like bambi on ice?

It was painful to watch. He does not suit ETH tactics at all, he lacks the technique and passing abiolity and football intellligence.

Sorry if im blunt but im fed up with poor players dragging our team down the mud.

Great to hear that i am not alone mate.

I know it sounds silly mate but i rather have Martinez as CDM instead of McFred, we cannot play out of the back cause of the and our overall game breaks down.

Until we have gotten someone in as CDM our best bet is Martinez, he is press resistant and is a smart player with a good passing game.
    Not far fetched, he played many games at Ajax in midfield before he nailed down the left cb spot.

But I don‘t think so.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
    Good for you because he is right.
    I just dont understand what people see in games. AwB is a liability under press. He performs magic on the field i.e. vanishes when he has to track back. Defensive awareness wise he is one of the worst players in the league yet people can't understand why ETH wants to get rid.

Its not just with Awb, I read on here that people would rather watch McFred instead of Rabiot. Its like last season and Brighton last week never happened.

Robindinho

It won't be this, but still...

De Gea

Dalot Varane Martinez Malacia

Garner
    Eriksen Fred

Sancho Ronaldo Rashford​

RuudTom83

Let’s have some positivity!

The coaches have had a full week and a practice match too.

Game 2 for ETH!

Let’s get his first win!

AlexUTD

If you would tell me that the day before we play Brentford in gameweek 2 this season and we havent bought a CDM, RB and a RW i would call you a filthy liar. Fecking hell.

I dont know if to cry or laugh.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
    Easy predictions:
    1. Maguire gets caught with his shorts down in his own offside trap
    2. Our central midfield gets overrun
    3. Rashford runs into a wall of defenders multiple times and then goes on to miss a sitter or two.
    4. Bruno gives away the ball cheaply multiple times and starts rolling around the pitch
    5. We end up dropping points

McTerminator

To be fair you are talking about a side who probably kept the ball for 70%+ of the game.

I think if you dropped that backline into this United side they would have massive problems too (Even though they are all individually better than their United counterparts).
    I agree, but people on here like to make out that small players are a kryptonite in and of themselves and it just isn’t that simple.

Dempsey19

Easy predictions:
    3. Rashford runs into a wall of defenders multiple times and then goes on to miss a sitter or two.
    4. Bruno gives away the ball cheaply multiple times and starts rolling around the pitch

Don't forget Dalot swinging 40 dreadful crosses in.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
    Easy predictions:
    Good list.

It is very interesting which of the two ways Ten Hag goes for this game:
    1. Benches all of the worst under-performers, showing some balls and sending a message that poor performance has consequences
    2. Does what others did before him: decides that benching because of one game will further de-moralize the under-performers and decides to give them another chance, as an encouragement.

Habitual repeat of #2 was one of the reasons for Ole's rapid demise and why we kept seeing Maguire and McFred playing (to be fair, Bruno should have been benched, too). I hope Ten Hag doesn't repeat the same mistake, but I am afraid he will.

DRJosh

Supports
    United minus the Glazers
    Lose this and I think there will be meltdowns across the fan base and coaching staff. And rightly so. I'd take a draw and a good performance.

And.....how ready do we think Garner is to feature regularly as a 6?

Levenstein

------------------De Gea

----------------Garner
    --------------------------------Fred
    -----------------Eriksen
    Sancho----Ronaldo----Rashford (If Martial fit, then Martial)

0:3 United (Ronaldo x2, Eriksen x1)

mav_9me

A draw at best. Not even sure if we're capable of that. We've won 3 games of football since mid February.

Looking at our fixtures, no idea where our first win is going to come. Southampton in week 4 if we can exploit their defensive issues? If not then surely Leeds in week 8?
    I was looking at that. Leeds week 8.

mav_9me

This thread is not on the front. Sign of the times. Sigh.

Draw at best.

MiracleInMadrid

If we were to shake up things, I would like to see:

De Gea
    Dalot Varane Lindelöf Malacia

Martinez
    Eriksen Fred

Elanga Rashford Sancho

We need someone to start the press from the front, hence Elanga starting.
    I can't stand Rashford at the moment, but we have nothing else, and I still believe he will press better than Ronaldo.
    Martinez to be the anchor of midfield, and keeping control when in defensive transition.
    Maguire and Shaw have been horrible for us for at long time, and we need to shake things up down there.

Marcus

De Gea

Dalot Maguire Martinez Shaw

Eriksen (DM)

Fred Donny

Sancho Ronaldo Rashford

Subs (70th minute except Shaw):

Malacia for Shaw (60th minute)

Varane for Maguire

Garnacho for Ronaldo

Elanga for Rashford

justboy68

Just hoping for a fresh looking lineup and not more of the same old. As long as we get something different then I'm happy whatever happens. No McTominay, give Malacia and Garnacho a go.

Longlivekeano

————————-DdG————————-

Dalot——Varane—-Martinez—Malachia-

—————-Donny—-Fred———————

————————Eriksen————————

—Sancho——-—Ronaldo——Garnacho

Dan_F

————————-DdG————————-

Dalot——Varane—-Martinez—Malachia-

—————-Donny—-Fred———————

————————Eriksen————————

—Sancho——-—Ronaldo——Garnacho
    Close but I reckon Eriksen in midfield, Bruno at 10 and Rashford on the left. Also find it unlikely that he’ll drop Maguire that quickly after backing him as captain

lex talionis

No to McTominay, yes to Ronaldo.

I’d be tempted to start Garnacho over Rashford but the boy isn’t ready yet for a start in what really is now a must win fixture, unless we’ve decided to get on with the global meltdown now.

OpenIntrovert

What i presume is going to happen is that ETH will choose a formation that will not be a 4-1-2-3. He knows he doesn't have the midfielders who can make the 4-1-2-3 robust, so he will put in more numbers in the midfield to play with the existing squad. I am thinking 4-1-4-1 with Rashford and Sancho becoming wingers, McTominay and Bruno in the center and Martinez/Garner as a DM. Ronaldo will be the lone CF.

This time, it will be a win :)

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
    A lot of people having eriksen in over Bruno . Don’t think that will happen to be honest, think they both start, he put eriksen deeper against Brighton second halve and we looked miles better so I think he’ll go with that from the start. Who partners him remains to be seen. Think he’ll go for Fred. Hoping Malacia starts at LB and garnacho in for rashford. Also Varane in for Maguire but that’s just being to optimistic. Think we have enough to win today. 3-0 to us

pocco

loco
    Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
    What i presume is going to happen is that ETH will choose a formation that will not be a 4-1-2-3. He knows he doesn't have the midfielders who can make the 4-1-2-3 robust, so he will put in more numbers in the midfield to play with the existing squad. I am thinking 4-1-4-1 with Rashford and Sancho becoming wingers, McTominay and Bruno in the center and Martinez/Garner as a DM. Ronaldo will be the lone CF.

This time, it will be a win :)
    I feel like we can't drop Eriksen at the moment. He's the only competent midfielder we have. I'd rather see Bruno sit it out.

OpenIntrovert

Am I daft for hoping we'll win and put in a convincing performance, to the level we're all then hoping we can take a point from Liverpool?

I just hope to god that Brighton game was an anomaly. To lose would be a disaster with our upcoming fixtures.
    You are not daft. Its called being a supporter. We always must have optimism even if we have to play the entire academy due to a catastrophic injury crisis.

I was actually quite excited when we had the massive injury crisis in 2015/16 season resulting in LVG playing many youngsters against Arsenal. We won that game which I still enjoyed a lot.

I am not sure when we will be back to our glorious years, but I will still be optimistic even if we get thrashed today and against Liverpool.

OpenIntrovert

I feel like we can't drop Eriksen at the moment. He's the only competent midfielder we have. I'd rather see Bruno sit it out.
    I think it depends on how the coaches have analyzed Brentford's pressing approach and their midfield shape. Eriksen is very good when he has space but against a midfield that doesn't give you spaces, you will need more aggression.

One possibility is that ETH might use Eriksen as a regista with a physically aggressive 3-man midfield covering him. Could be a McTominay, Fred and Garner central midfield with Rashford up front and Sancho in a second striker role in a 4-1-3-1-1 shape. The fullbacks will need to support the attack more for this formation to work, so i am thinking Dalot and Mallacia.

Teja

It won't be this, but still...

De Gea

Garner
    Eriksen Fred

Sancho Ronaldo Rashford​
    One can hope :D

But yeah Bruno's going to start and it'll be Eriksen - Fred - Bruno midfield I assume.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
    I have the feeling this game will be very important for how our season turns out.

Lose here and it can spiral out of control.

Win here and the tone is set we are somewhat capable.

Olecurls99

We need a response here and for the players to show something. Drop Bruno, Maguire and Mctominay

De Gea
    Dalot Varane Martinez Shaw
    Donny Fred
    Sancho Eriksen Rashford
    Ronaldo

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

2.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player