Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MoskvaRed

:lol:

Firstly well done for having so much confidence while also talking so much shite. Clearly those labour giants you mentioned have had a effect on you.

I thought losing a referendum and then losing EU elections(The Brexit Party won)might show to some that this country doesn't like or want to be in the EU(And sadly you'll lose if there's another referendum)

You've had your shite marches, you've painted your faces blue and yellow and have spent millions of pounds trying to change people minds. Of all which has made the country hate you even more.

It turns out brexit isn't about the breakdown of liberal politics, English nationalism or that neoliberalism has failed. Brexit happened because Corbyn didn't talk to enough Yorkshire coal miners and failed his a levels.

Truly breathtaking political analysis you've got there mate.
I’ve waited 6 months to respond to your rude, arrogant response but it appears I was right. Time to reconsider or will you just disappear into your Chomsky videos? Cheers for 5 more years of Tories by backing an unelectable candidate who anyone who has spent more than 2 weeks in the Notth of England could have told you was unelectable. This is on you and the other Corbyn enablers. Well done.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
I’ve waited 6 months to respond to your rude, arrogant response but it appears I was right. Time to reconsider or will you just disappear into your Chomsky videos? Cheers for 5 more years of Tories by backing an unelectable candidate who anyone who has spent more than 2 weeks in the Notth of England could have told you was unelectable. This is on you and the other Corbyn enablers. Well done.
:lol: fecking hell that's a long time to hold a grudge

MoskvaRed

:lol: fecking hell that's a long time to hold a grudge
Fair comment but with some pro-Corbyn posters who re-tweet from Momentum sources 20 times a day there seemed no point arguing. Anyway, it’s a small consolation - I am utterly depressed by tonight’s results.

lsd

The Oracle
God himself can't stop Brexit now

C'mon God remember the Titanic do your stuff again

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I’m going into full shadenfreude mode from now on. There’s plenty of dick heads I know who voted for this and are set to suffer from this the most. I’m going to be there when it all goes tits up for them.

Rafaeldagold

That Title haha. Brexit isn’t ‘getting done’ Will be about 10 years of trade agreements now.

Just hope Boris goes soft Brexit now as he doesn’t have to pander to ERG but we’ll see

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
That Title haha. Brexit isn’t ‘getting done’ Will be about 10 years of trade agreements now.

Just hope Boris goes soft Brexit now as he doesn’t have to pander to ERG but we’ll see
Why would he go soft brexit now? His deal is hard as brexit can be.

Skills

Snitch

More of the conservative party is going to be that ERG type. Those are the type of candidates they would've fielded to win labour leave seats.

lewwoo

Banned from the general election thread. It seems if you dont agree with the status quo you are silenced.

Oo0AahCantona

I’m going into full shadenfreude mode from now on. There’s plenty of dick heads I know who voted for this and are set to suffer from this the most. I’m going to be there when it all goes tits up for them.
Im the same, then what my brother said to me brings me back to despair, how people in mine and his situations who didnt have supportive parents to brute force us to some relative degree of success and didnt vote for this end up completely fecked. he's diabetic as well and isnt looking forward to paying 300 quid for his novorapid insulin.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Are you really questioning why you were banned and then continuing to WUM?
He is.

Is it a wum though or somebody enjoying their party winning? If I was a Labour supporter gloating about winning would I be banned?
By repeating yourself over and over looking for reactions? It's clear to most of us what you were up to, it was even amusing for a brief moment. Then you over did it, maybe stick to Facebook it's more your style.

lewwoo

He is.

By repeating yourself over and over looking for reactions? It's clear to most of us what you were up to, it was even amusing for a brief moment. Then you over did it, maybe stick to Facebook it's more your style.
You got me. Darn it. Good night.

Banned from the general election thread. It seems if you dont agree with the status quo you are silenced.
I don't know about you specifically, but I suspect it’s all the insults that have been thrown around. It’s got nothing to do with any political stance.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I think Johnson will go for a soft Brexit now that he doesn’t need the ERG on board.

DFreshKing

I think Johnson will go for a soft Brexit now that he doesn’t need the ERG on board.
I doubt that, he campaigned for Brexit and if it's soft it will fail. If he wants to lead for the long term then it not only needs to 'be done' but it needs to be a success. That can only be achieved with quick sweeping trade deals around the world that require the EU to give a free trade deal or lose the vast buying power of the UK to new markets like Africa, India, Asia and america. Either way with the huge majority Boris will get exactly the kind of Brexit he has wanted all along - it's going to be interesting to see how that looks.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Depressing. What makes it more depressing is why we are leaving.
Immigration.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Depressing. What makes it more depressing is why we are leaving.
Immigration.
I keep going into a kind of self defence mode and thinking that in reality my situation is probably not going to be terrible. In a few months time I'll finish Uni and should have a good job.

Then I remember that I'm a white male with a Uni education and that there is so many people who are not in my position and it makes me sick to the stomach that the comforting thoughts I'm having are borne out of white privilege and over half the country do not have the same security blanket. There's plenty of Turkeys who have voted for Christmas and to be honest they can go feck themselves and I hope it's every bit as painful for them as I expect it to be. The ones who didn't vote for this are the ones I'm hurting for and I'm not even talking just about Brexit. I'm talking about the communities who have been treated like dirt by the Tories like at Grenfell, Windrush, people on universal credit, people with disabilities who have been declared fit to work and anyone who is going to require medical treatment or who have family members who will over the next 20+ years.

JoaquinJoaquin

I keep going into a kind of self defence mode and thinking that in reality my situation is probably not going to be terrible. In a few months time I'll finish Uni and should have a good job.

Then I remember that I'm a white male with a Uni education and that there is so many people who are not in my position and it makes me sick to the stomach that the comforting thoughts I'm having are borne out of white privilege and over half the country do not have the same security blanket. There's plenty of Turkeys who have voted for Christmas and to be honest they can go feck themselves and I hope it's every bit as painful for them as I expect it to be. The ones who didn't vote for this are the ones I'm hurting for and I'm not even talking just about Brexit. I'm talking about the communities who have been treated like dirt by the Tories like at Grenfell, Windrush, people on universal credit, people with disabilities who have been declared fit to work and anyone who is going to require medical treatment or who have family members who will over the next 20+ years.
Good post. Pretty much my thoughts to.

Like I have said to gloating Tories today here at work this morning ''you have made your bed now, lets hope Brexit works out, because if not it is on YOU". Most haven't had a comeback to that.

DavidDeSchmikes

The Tories have won the constituency where Grenfell happened......

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
The Tories have won the constituency where Grenfell happened......
I know it's the ultimate kick in the stomach for the night but it's not a surprise when you consider where Grenfell is located.

Supports
Ajax
There's actually a fairly good chance Johnson will try to NOT get Brexit done.

As in, he won't allow his treaty to be ratified. Why? Then he won't be the one putting a border down the Irish Sea.

Instead, I expect him to try to do either of these two things:

Scenario 1
If he actually wants to get out of the EU, he'll try to get the EU to kick the UK out, so not only would he get his coveted No Deal Brexit, he would blame any issues that No Deal will definitely cause on the EU. Any lack of trade agreement progress would then also be blamed on the EU. He won't want a quick EU trade agreement anyway, because it would get in the way with his US trade agreement. He'll first want to ensure there's an agreement with the USA before even considering new trade relations with the EU. Which won't be forthcoming any time soon. This scenario is likely to backfire eventually as people get tired of more and more Brexit related bullshit. However, for many it will just be more evidence of Brussel's perceived hostility towards the UK and setting the UK up to fail.

Scenario 2
From his record, all he ever cared for was power over the UK and for that he had to consolidate the right end of the spectrum and destroy the Brexit Party/UKIP and any Tories with sense getting in the way. Promising he was the Brexit-Messiah was his means to get there. Yet, he may not actually want to be seen as responsible for the destruction of the UK's economy or the selling out of British public, industry and services to the US. In that case he might just try to keep the status quo going, until he'll find a good enough excuse to revoke Article 50. I would suspect his argument would be that the UK was being screwed over with unfair trade deal offers and strongarmed into remaining in the EU by the EU. So basically he was thwarted by bullies from getting a good deal and thereby forced to stay in the EU as a vassal state, but no worries, because with the Tories in charge they'd fight the good fight against The Brie-Kraut Continent. He'll wager the electorate will have forgotten his promise five years later, while he and the tabloids will keep blaming the EU for anything negative happening to the country in the meantime (in particular the NHS), the "theft" of industry that leaves for the mainland (thus for increased unemployment), higher taxes (stating it all goes to Spain and such), and portray it as a way of the EU trying to get back at the UK's citizens for attempting to leave.

By the way, perfect way for Russia to position themselves as the "Real Friend of the UK" too. Either way, I expect Russia will try to use the UK to circumvent its own embargoes soon enough. Plenty of Tories receiving Russian money apparently. Will we ever see that damning report Johnson's government refused to release?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

I work in an investment bank and fortunate enough to make nearly 3 figures a year. I won't be hurt much by Tory policies but I will never...ever vote for them. Let me say why.
I came to this country from Nigeria in 2010 on a student visa. My parents had mortgaged their home to send me to university. My tuition fees were about ten times the average yearly income back home. However, I am now a citizen. When I chose to study in the UK, we still had that automatic two year post study work visa. Was the main reason I and some of my friends chose to come here. As soon as we came, Theresa May abolished it.
Over the past decade, I have witnessed how the Tory party have bastardized the immigration debate. It's painful to see. Any foreign student trying to get a permanent job in the UK that qualifies will attest to this. It is easier to get blood from a stone. The Tories have made it such an horrible task that the vast majority of students don't even bother to look for jobs after they graduate. I was within four days of going back home when I got a job after applying to over 100 places. Some companies had called me for interviews, ask for my documents, see I am not a citizen and tell me not to bother. Most of my friends The damage Theresa May has done will never be forgiven. I remember having to register with the representative of the home office like four times a week during uni. You would see long queues of foreign students waiting to register their names like some sort of refugee camp. We had to get permission to travel for anything over 3 days.
I have never seen a society so obsessed over an issue that has very little real impact. The areas most concerned with immigrants are areas that have very little of it. Before I arrived I used to see the UK as a bastion of a liberal progressive society. It is not.
The working class people that voted for this lot can enjoy their vote.

Oo0AahCantona

Good post. Pretty much my thoughts to.

Like I have said to gloating Tories today here at work this morning ''you have made your bed now, lets hope Brexit works out, because if not it is on YOU". Most haven't had a comeback to that.
The depressing beauty is that they will never be held accountable, when Brexit fails it will be the fault of the EU not the torys. the buck will always be passed on.