Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
When does this start getting good?
It's already good. Ignore the Project Fear crap and start waving those plastic flags wooooooooo!!!

I'm still amazed that so many people were fooled into helping tax dodgers at the expense of ruining their own lives.

NinjaFletch

Can you imagine if in 2016 before the Brexit vote the British public were told that there would be a hard border, policed, around Kent. :lol:

Would the "will of the people" have been the same?
'Border round Kent? fecking ridiculous project fear nonsense'

Brexiteers won't admit it but the Remain campaigns biggest failing was underestimating just how stupid the whole enterprise was. The predictions of project fear look tame compared to the reality.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
'Border round Kent? fecking ridiculous project fear nonsense'

Brexiteers won't admit it but the Remain campaigns biggest failing was underestimating just how stupid the whole enterprise was. The predictions of project fear look tame compared to the reality.
it was never going to be anything other than the very worst of very very bad ideas. Ever.

Cameron, the PM who will forever be remembered as the man whose SECOND stupidest idea was to stick his old fella in a dead pig's mouth.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Remember all those Project Fear muppets saying that all the Brexit billionaires who threatened to move elsewhere if we stayed in the EU would move their money overseas anyway? Well.........shit.

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...oves-to-tax-free-monaco-brexit-ineos-domicile

Sir Jim Ratcliffe, UK's richest person, moves to tax-free Monaco

Before he left for Monaco, Ratcliffe was the UK’s third-highest individual taxpayer, paying £110m to the exchequer in 2017-18, according to the Sunday Times tax list.

His decision to quit Britain came soon after he was knighted by the Queen for “services to business and investment”, and the UK voted to leave the European Union.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff

sparx99

Kexit: What would an independent Kent look like after Brexit as internal border announced

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/kent/news/welcome-to-the-republic-of-kent-234343/

Kent online having some fun with the debacle.
I know it’s a bit of fun but currently you could argue there are independent movements for Scotland, Wales, Norther Ireland, Yorkshire, Cornwall and now Kent. I vaguely remember London being talked about as well!

Libertarians must be over the moon!

I know it’s a bit of fun but currently you could argue there are independent movements for Scotland, Wales, Norther Ireland, Yorkshire, Cornwall and now Kent. I vaguely remember London being talked about as well!

Libertarians must be over the moon!
London shows the absurdity of the likes of Scotland complaint that they didn’t vote for Brexit. Far bigger population, far bigger economy - but that’s democracy.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
London shows the absurdity of the likes of Scotland complaint that they didn’t vote for Brexit. Far bigger population, far bigger economy - but that’s democracy.
You don't see the issue with a country that were told to remain in the UK because they were promised that their voices would be heard and that we were better together having a problem with all of that turning out to be shite?

You don't see the issue with a country that were told to remain in the UK because they were promised that their voices would be heard and that we were better together having a problem with all of that turning out to be shite?
We are better together (in my opinion). I have some empathy of course. However, I also believe that times change, and arguments made at the time when we were debating devolution also change. Not only Brexit, but Scotland’s reliance on North Sea oil as an example.

I also think it’s treading old ground, and time to move on. I understand lots of people feel differently, but I’m not here to argue that, and it’s been argued to death over the past 3 years - and its not a debate I will get into.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
The irony of broadly the same Brexiters who argued that the UK were better alone (from the EU) also argued that Scotland would be silly to leave a larger union always seems to get lost.

Last edited:

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
The irony of broadly the same Brexiterrs who argued that the UK were better alone (from the EU) also argued that Scotland would be silly to leave a larger union. always seems to get lost.
Basically

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
The irony of broadly the same Brexiters who argued that the UK were better alone (from the EU) also argued that Scotland would be silly to leave a larger union always seems to get lost.
I mean....this is true but also slightly ironic that many of the people north of the border (and many south of the border who support it) who rightly criticise Brexit, its processes, its voters, its divineness, its lack of plan before the referendum, its difficulty in tearing two very closely linked units asunder....are also often the ones who are keen on Scottish independence, a country far more intertwined to the UK and for far longer than the UK was with the EU.

God only knows what the plan would be there to detach central banks, military forces, governmental debt, currencies, borders, peoples etc etc.

And I say this as someone who hates Brexit, is sick of the Tories and would probably seriously think of voting for independence from the UK if I lived in Scotland (sometimes the heart wants what the heart wants)!

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Scottish independence is an even more stupid idea than Brexit. And that’s saying something.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Not sure why comparisons about Scottish Independence and Brexit are suddenly being made, considering the point that started the discussion was that there's a difference between London and Scotland voting for Brexit mainly because the Scots were promised not to be ignored by Westminster during the Scottish Independence referendum and that we were indeed "Better Together".

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Not sure why comparisons about Scottish Independence and Brexit are suddenly being made, considering the point that started the discussion was that there's a difference between London and Scotland voting for Brexit mainly because the Scots were promised not to be ignored by Westminster during the Scottish Independence referendum and that we were indeed "Better Together".
For what its worth, I'd build a moat around the M25 and tell the rest of you to do one.

I like living in my little (or large!) ethnically diverse, outward thinking bubble. Little England has ruined that for me. And at this point, I don't care if that makes me a liberal metropolitan elite! :D

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
For what its worth, I'd build a moat around the M25 and tell the rest of you to do one.

I like living in my little (or large!) ethnically diverse, outward thinking bubble. Little England has ruined that for me. And at this point, I don't care if that makes me a liberal metropolitan elite! :D
Maybe we need a federal system. The Jock State sounds like a really catchy name.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Maybe we need a federal system. The Jock State sounds like a really catchy name.
Sounds good to me! The less I have to deal with these others, the better. :D

Though I do admit I have a huge soft spot for Scotland and the Scots.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
is there a graph that shows continued COVID 19 impact AND no deal Brexit cos that’s where we’re headed.

That is it - the dark blue line is no deal Brexit , the light blue with a deal and Covid in orange all over the next 20 years. If you add the Covid and no deal togther presuably you get -10% drop which seems rather optimistic.

No deal has been pretty much the intention of the government for a long time. People have been taken for the fools they are and will ultimately be blamed by the government for their woes. "This is what you voted for and you insisted you knew what you voted for". Even though they didn't have a clue what they really voted for and neither did the government.
Insanity.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
EU begins legal action over Boris Johnson's plans to break international law

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/brex...-plans-to-break-international-law/ar-BB19Bd5d
The European Union had called for the UK to withdraw the elements of the legislation by the end of September.

But Mr Johnson failed to change tack in light of Ms Von Der Leyen's warning and the Bill cleared the House of Commons earlier this week.

The European Commission chief confirmed that it will send a “letter of formal notice” to the UK for breaching the terms of its withdrawal agreement with the European Union.

They have said the UK has one month to reply.
so basically nothing has changed as Boris still has the 15th October deadline at the EU summit to agree a deal (which he proclaims as a victory - or he storms off claiming it was him who broke off talks)

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

Worth noting that Sinn Fein remain the most popular party in Ireland according to opinion polls. If they were to be elected to government then Anglo-Irish relations would take a shift and the current government isn't exactly on steady footing atm.