Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Charlie Foley

"The Tory party is no longer the Tory party" he states. Reads to me like he is a long time Tory voter who has finally been fecked over by them. I have little sympathy for people like him who voted Tory for years (probably because he thought they was good for businesses) knowing they fecked over most of the country.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I'm not excusing it but it's exactly what happened. They didn't question these grand promises and this is where we are.
But they still got the answers to the questions they didn't ask, they called them Project fear.

JPRouve

Scout
I can't think of an idiom or expression which means to dismiss/not listen to something despite strong evidence.
In this situation the closest would be:"There's none so deaf as those who will not hear."

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
/thread. Loads more in this boat. Something has to give surely for this to start getting some traction on the news?

That‘s great for UK‘s wine producers, right.
If there were any, but still there is your growth potential.

MoskvaRed

5 million Chinese immigrant visas... I hope the brexiteers are happy now they have taken back control of their borders

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-55357495
It’s the right thing to do (albeit 25 years too late) but I am immediately suspicious when this bunch of shysters and idiots in the UK government does something reasonable. Presumably they are hoping some rich Hong Kong people transfer their wealth to the UK. Now that we no longer need to worry about the 80m Turks moving here...

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
It’s the right thing to do (albeit 25 years too late) but I am immediately suspicious when this bunch of shysters and idiots in the UK government does something reasonable. Presumably they are hoping some rich Hong Kong people transfer their wealth to the UK. Now that we no longer need to worry about the 80m Turks moving here...
Probably... plus I think China would be delighted to loose a million or so people with money who want to push back against hk integrating more into the mainland

Will be interesting to see how many take it up... I remember when the labour government said only minimal people from Poland etc would come over to the uk.

NinjaFletch

That‘s great for UK‘s wine producers, right.
If there were any, but still there is your growth potential.
There's a fair amount and it's pretty good to be fair.

And at the risk of the Francophiles shouting at me, Somerset Brie is better than anything I've had from France recently.

MoskvaRed

As usual, Brexiteers only raise this issue with regard to the EU. Maybe one of the Mail journos should try taking some food into one of their beloved Anglo countries like Australia.

Smores

As usual, Brexiteers only raise this issue with regard to the EU. Maybe one of the Mail journos should try taking some food into one of their beloved Anglo countries like Australia.
Yeah it's weird but i don't think Brexiteers travel that far and wide. I remember we once got really berated by US border officers because as a kid I'd not left my uneaten ham sandwich on the plane but took it with me :lol:

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Yet to see a Brexiter admit they were wrong and apologise
Be waiting a long time. :lol:

You’d think with this great victory there would be a lot to point to, to ‘rub in our faces’, but alas there is nothing.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
These people were driven by selfishness and bigotry above all else. It was all fine as long as it did not affect them.

JPRouve

Scout

I know that it's a random account but the narrative is a popular one and perplexing.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

I know that it's a random account but the narrative is a popular one and perplexing.
More like breaking up with your partner and then being angry because they changed the locks, their Netflix password and won't let you drive their car.

JPRouve

Scout
More like breaking up with your partner and then being angry because they changed the locks, their Netflix password and won't let you drive their car.
Exactly, it seems that for some choosing to leave the EU shouldn't have any consequence, EU member states shouldn't take back control of their own territory and the UK should be able to do whatever they want as if nothing happened.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Exactly, it seems that for some choosing to leave the EU shouldn't have any consequence, EU member states shouldn't take back control of their own territory and the UK should be able to do whatever they want as if nothing happened.
I'm going to assume that a lot of cnuts people who voted for Brexit are golf cnuts members of a golf club. With that in mind I'm not sure they would be too happy about me turning up and demanding a free game of golf even though I'm not a member.

They would probably get in their Audi or Jaguar and tut as they drove on the wrong side of the road making traffic swerve out of the way.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff