Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

F-Red

Staggering poll shows 94% of readers believe ‘we haven’t got the Brexit we voted for'
BREXIT promises have not been delivered, according to a new poll of Express.co.uk readers.
By NATALIE CROOKHAM
13:40, Mon, May 16, 2022 | UPDATED: 14:03, Mon, May 16, 2022

Be interested to know exactly what they thought Brexit would look like.

In another poll - 100% of readers didn't have a f**king clue what they voted for.
You're talking about Daily Express readers, what did you expect?

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Staggering poll shows 94% of readers believe ‘we haven’t got the Brexit we voted for'
BREXIT promises have not been delivered, according to a new poll of Express.co.uk readers.
By NATALIE CROOKHAM
13:40, Mon, May 16, 2022 | UPDATED: 14:03, Mon, May 16, 2022

Be interested to know exactly what they thought Brexit would look like.

In another poll - 100% of readers didn't have a f**king clue what they voted for.
As far as I can remember, the referendum was a very simple:
Should the UK remain a member of the EU, or leave the EU.
Apart from that, the leave campaign and to a lesser degree the remain campaign were based upon lies and an unobtainable illusion -leave and scare tactics - remain.
Nobody but nobody who voted in 2016 had any idea what the final outcome was going to be because that took many years to conclude including the transition period.
And even now, things have not yet settled down.
And if those who voted leave don't like what has happened, just think for a few seconds what the 48% who voted remain think.
Tough sh1t. Get used to it.
You were sold a lie.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
You'd get more sense from an Irish turnip.

I used to like her song though , "Whiskey in the Jar" by Thick Lizzy
I googled that Thick Lizzy and you better be careful old man, your heart ain't that youthful anymore. :angel:

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Well he does have French lineage on his mother's side and Turkish lineage on his father's.

His son Boris born in the USA - all a bit of a mess, a Turkish delight, no, not even an Eton Mess

Boris - just a soggy mess.
That reads like a quote from Boris after being asked if he was going to help families with the cost of living crisis.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Jesus Christ.

Boris Johnson to reportedly bring back imperial measurements to mark platinum jubilee

Move is an apparent attempt to win support from Brexit voters in seats Tories fear losing

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...mperial-measurements-to-mark-platinum-jubilee
What a spiffing idea Boris.
But why stop at pounds and ounces.
Let's go back to:
Pounds, shillings, pence, thrupenny bits and farthings.
Yards, feet and inches.
Bushels, Pecks, Rods, Chain and Perch.
I am all for choice. But let's move with the times, forward not backwards.

And why stop there.
Lets go back to Workhouses, Poor Law and sending little boys up chimneys to earn a farthing a week.
Gets my vote....

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
They don't want that foreign metric malarkey.

Going full imperial should kill any remaining export trade they had left. Everything is metric.
Everything is metric, (except the US).
But everyone else should really come into line with us shouldn't they, including driving on the left side of the road.

Paul the Wolf

Everything is metric, (except the US).
But everyone else should really come into line with us shouldn't they, including driving on the left side of the road.
If the Uk ships to anywhere in the world including the US, all shipping is in metric. I did it for over thirty years, US companies were our biggest customers. Also the US imperial system isn't the same as the UK. So if they produce in imperial they still have to convert to metric so it is not really related to Brexit, it applies worldwide.

Balljy

If the Uk ships to anywhere in the world including the US, all shipping is in metric. I did it for over thirty years, US companies were our biggest customers. Also the US imperial system isn't the same as the UK. So if they produce in imperial they still have to convert to metric so it is not really related to Brexit, it applies worldwide.
Although it's ridiculous and a pure symbolic move to prove we can "make our own rules". we're not going back to the imperial system. Supposedly the change will be to allow shops to sell in imperial measures again if they want.

No-one will apart from the odd shop sponsored by Rees Mogg I imagine.

Paul the Wolf

Although it's ridiculous and a pure symbolic move to prove we can "make our own rules". we're not going back to the imperial system. Supposedly the change will be to allow shops to sell in imperial measures again if they want.

No-one will apart from the odd shop sponsored by Rees Mogg I imagine.
Of course, it would be another suicidal move, it's just to get the flag wavers going again.

Maticmaker

And why stop there.
Lets go back to Workhouses, Poor Law and sending little boys up chimneys to earn a farthing a week.
Gets my vote....
also.....
Boris might be arguing for the reinstate the 'Corn Laws'... that will be his next 'big wheeze...' grow more at home, (especially as we can't get any from Ukraine) the UK should think of others less fortunate and not be siphoning-off the worlds grain supplies at a time like this.

.... oh yes and gun boats, must have more gun boats, to put the wind up 'johnny foreigner'. Bring back ship building on the Clyde, just the ticket, one in the eye for Sturgeon! ;)

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Applying for an ETIAS online will be easy and fast, since it will not take more than ten minutes to complete and only requires a valid travel document. Once granted, the ETIAS visa waiver will be valid for a period of three years and will be a multiple-entry permit, meaning that it would cover any trips within its validity period.
We'll see how true that first line is but people will over hype it. Getting swabbed for covid was more annoying.

Hopefully King Boris will respond with a system of own to keep those pesky Europeans out.

Paul the Wolf

We'll see how true that first line is but people will over hype it. Getting swabbed for covid was more annoying.

Hopefully King Boris will respond with a system of own to keep those pesky Europeans out.
He already has, EU citizens can't use their ID cards any more, so those who don't want to spend money on passports ( a lot of people) won't go to the UK.

Maticmaker

He already has, EU citizens can't use their ID cards any more, so those who don't want to spend money on passports ( a lot of people) won't go to the UK.
If they are not coming with pockets bulging with euro's, it won't be a big loss then will it Paul ? ;)

Maticmaker

It will be a massive loss, like everything else with Brexit. They're going elsewhere in Europe where they don't need passports. Can spend the money on other things.
Oh sorry.... I thought you meant EU citizens were 'skint' and couldn't afford the passports!

Paul the Wolf

Oh sorry.... I thought you meant EU citizens were 'skint' and couldn't afford the passports!
Why would anyone pay for something they don't need elsewhere. Best part of 400 Euros for a family of four just so they can go to the UK. Unless people travel outside of Europe they don't have passports.
The local school had two trips arranged to the UK but under parent pressure, as they didn't want to pay for the passports, one is going to Ireland and the other to Spain. That's just our local village. Almost no-one has a passport.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
The local school had two trips arranged to the UK but under parent pressure, as they didn't want to pay for the passports, one is going to Ireland and the other to Spain. That's just our local village. Almost no-one has a passport.
I've heard a few similar stories. London school trips being moved to other european capitals because of this extra cost.

Abizzz

Getting more like the United States of Europe everyday then... I hear lots of US citizens don't have passports either ;)
Bet if they were blue more would have 'em.

For the record I don't have one either, I have my US passport and German ID card, anywhere I need to go that needs a passport I just use the US passport. Guess what color it is :drool:

Paul the Wolf

Getting more like the United States of Europe everyday then... I hear lots of US citizens don't have passports either ;)
They've never needed passports. ID cards are free and last 15 years. But they can travel to lots of countries, even overseas territories in South America, Asia and the Caribbean.
Before Brexit - Quick pop over to the Uk for the weekend, flight just a few Euros, all that sort of thing disappearing.

First they want to get rid of the EU workers in the tourist industry, then they get rid of the tourists.