Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Glad someone told this idiot to shut up and then she barks on about humility in politics when her and the man she shags Richard Tice have been stirring up hatred everywhere they go.

Love the way she acts all offended when it was her that made the rude interruption in the first place. Dipshit grifter.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
The most ridiculous parts of the Northern Ireland Protocol issue were firstly, that there never seems to be any concern about what goods could enter the UK or GB from Ireland or the rest of the EU through Northern Ireland. Secondly the DUP brought up an issue the other day saying they couldn't sell to GB because of the NIP. You can sell what you like , dear chaps. Furthermore Labour bought into this argument.

Pff.

Drawfull

The most ridiculous parts of the Northern Ireland Protocol issue were firstly, that there never seems to be any concern about what goods could enter the UK or GB from Ireland or the rest of the EU through Northern Ireland. Secondly the DUP brought up an issue the other day saying they couldn't sell to GB becasue of the NIP. You can sell what you like , dear chaps. Furthermore Labour bought into this argument.

Pff.
Are Labour about to be sideswiped here? Starmer is nailed to the BiB mast, is it beyond the realms that the Tories switch it onto themselves as the party that is trying to fix?

Paul the Wolf

I will never vote Tory again (although i did for a long time until Covid really), but if they pull this off, it'll be tragic and politically-brilliant at the same time. I get why Labour haven't gone anti-Brex the last few years, and didn't see this coming - but surely they should've?
They should have from the beginning - I don't remember either Corbyn or Starmer being ardent remainers or making passionate speeches about the EU pre- referendum. There were a few Labour pro-EU speakers before and after the referendum but very little from the leadership.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I actually don't know what the Irish media are rambling on about. Any time I've gone shopping I've had no issues getting veg, loads of stock. It was far worse during early Covid.
My local Aldi hasn’t got even 1 cucumber for at least a week. Shortage of tomatoes compared to usual. Loads of peppers though

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
It can't be the same. He mentioned 2 channels. That's not the same as before. One channel that are for goods going to the EU will still be subject to full inspection, if I'm understanding it correctly.
Yes. He thinks so. But it has been since the UK left. Also it's not quite the same. Anyone with an eagle eye will spot the differences. Which is probably why the ERG and DUP will object to it.
The Stormont break I like which means that in order to object to any new EU law the DUP have to be in place in Stormont.

Endless discussions which will probably set the thing back to square one.
Oh I wasn't even thinking about those details, just the fact he seems to be saying that having access to uk market and eu market is a great thing for northern ireland. I mean, that was basically the situation of the whole uk, so if it's so great and full of opportunities, why leave the eu at all...

Paul the Wolf

Oh I wasn't even thinking about those details, just the fact he seems to be saying that having access to uk market and eu market is a great thing for northern ireland. I mean, that was basically the situation of the whole uk, so if it's so great and full of opportunities, why leave the eu at all...
Exactly.

But he did also mention the opportunities of Brexit but we still don't know what they are.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
I have a friend in liverpool who had a collectibles store and he closed this week after 15 years. Most of his sales were online to the eu and because of the extra custom charges, his costumers changed to german and french stores. If you tell him about brexit opportunities I think he would punch you in the mouth.

Last edited:

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
It's cheaper for me to buy mature cheddar from our English store then to by any shit dutch cheese from the supermarket. In that respect I haven't noticed any change.
Obviously, no one wants English cheese, christ.

crossy1686

career ending
Good luck! I need to improve a lot on my actual Spanish, but I think I will make myself fluent by then as the deadline/earliest opportunity approaches
Nice one, good luck with that. I'm sure you'll make it if you want to, it's just a matter of forcing yourself to make a prat of yourself multiple times until you get it right.

madzo2007

By the sounds of it this is the best the UK are going to get from the EU. Its pretty much back this agreement or we are back to square one and endlessly going round in circles until Labour take over and the cycle begins again.

What happens if Parliament vote the framework through but those at the DUP who say no everything don't back it?

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
It's cheaper for me to buy mature cheddar from our English store then to by any shit dutch cheese from the supermarket. In that respect I haven't noticed any change.
Phew! If there's one issue we were worried about, it was the price of English cheese in the Netherlands. We can breathe easily now.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
By the sounds of it this is the best the UK are going to get from the EU. Its pretty much back this agreement or we are back to square one and endlessly going round in circles until Labour take over and the cycle begins again.

What happens if Parliament vote the framework through but those at the DUP who say no everything don't back it?
Hopefully tell the DUP to feck off and that if they don't get back to power sharing, their salaries will be stopped.

Rooney24

the deal will pass in parliament but they won’t return to Stormont. Which at this point is exactly where I think we are heading

redshaw

Sunak says being in single market and UK makes Northern Ireland 'world's most exciting economic zone'

How many will fall for this? Just think - just over two years ago the whole of the UK was in the "world's most exciting economic zone."
Perhaps he's talking about the exciting backdoor action to the UK that will be going on.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Just a point regarding an imported product from UK being cheap and easy to obtain, no calamity. Trade has not stopped
Do you reckon that are the products that being exported from big corporations that employ less people (per products sold) , pay less taxes and have the legal capabilities to afgord the extra paoerwork and taxes or small companies that struggles with the latest. What you cheese tastes say?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Does that mean that now the UK will / can channel all services, goods in Northern Ireland and make it some sort of EU market heaven? Maybe it's not that straight forward though.
That's my concern. If its the case then Brexit would be worth it.

Stanley Road

Renaissance Man
Do you reckon that are the products that being exported from big corporations that employ less people (per products sold) , pay less taxes and have the legal capabilities to afgord the extra paoerwork and taxes or small companies that struggles with the latest. What you cheese tastes say?
Dunno. Dont care

Paul the Wolf

See Johnson is still trying to make himself relevant:

Johnson says he thinks the UK is more influential in Europe now, outside the EU, than it was before.
I genuinely think it is true that we are now more influential in Europe, about foreign policy, because we’re outside it, outside the EU structure, than we were when we were in.

Johnson said:
There’s no point now in just emulating the high-tax, high-spend, low-growth European model.We should think not about raising corporation tax but cutting corporation tax to Irish levels or lower

No one ever told him Ireland was in the EU?

And the old classic:
Johnson claims (not for the first time) that “Brexit saved lives” because it facilitated the UK’s speedy vaccine rollout programme.

Conveniently forgetting that the Uk had the highest death toll in Europe.

How long before he's serving time for Treason?