Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Silva

Pound already at it's lowest in 30 years, markets taking a thrashing, calls for independence referendums in Scotland and Northern Ireland. Whispers that Brussels will look to make an example of us. Just how bad will the shit show get? Or is there light at the end of the tunnel?

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Pound already at it's lowest in 30 years, markets taking a thrashing, calls for independence referendums in Scotland and Northern Ireland. Whispers that Brussels will look to make an example of us. Just how bad will the shit show get? Or is there light at the end of the tunnel?
I believe this is a train, covered in spiders.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Independence referendum for Scotland & NI are fair calls to make, they voted overwhelmingly majority to stay, compared to England & Wales.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Adam Boulton has just spoken about rumours in Labour circles of calls for Corbyn to resign as leader.

Ubik

Adam Boulton has just spoken about rumours in Labour circles of calls for Corbyn to resign as leader.
Will happen. If we're going to fight off UKIP in the north he cannot be leader.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
We now get to make our own trade agreements and play by our own rules... Which will be a huge advantage as the queue to trade with us dwindles and dwindles.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Would NI band together with Scotland or (dare I say - yes, on a night like tonight I do) the ROI?
There has already been NI politicians saying they want to engage in a debate to merge with ROI.

After today, I truly believe that anything is possible; no matter how stupid, reckless, or whatever else.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Christ there's going to be some real whiney end of the world shit in here isn't there?

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
I'm imagining it will all look a bit like Fallout by the end of it.

Minimalist

The greatest example in a long time why you don't do full blown democracy. Average person is dumb and then half them are even dumber.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Will happen. If we're going to fight off UKIP in the north he cannot be leader.
Do you think they should make a long term appointment, or someone who can get to grips with the Brexit issue straight away? Jarvis or Cooper you might say.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
As long as Labour continue to support immigration substantially it's unlikely any leader is going to make a significant different in the north. That seems to be the harsh reality if this referendum and last year's election are anything to go by.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
A summary of the key things I think that will happen:

- Pound will continue to fall but eventually rise a bit and stabilise in a week or two. But similar to the level it is now.
- The disparity in the UK but also within England itself cannot be ignored. In my view Scotland will certainly push for independence and will get it, NI may do something but I just don't know enough about sentiment in NI. Within England... I really don't know. But it's so big that it can't be ignored.
- Multinationals will seriously be considering moving out of London. It is all linked. One of the reasons for London is its access to European markets - gone. Another reason is because of its access to financial services - and they are intrinsically linked.
- Cameron must call a general election and resign. Corbyn should also resign.
- The EU is in trouble. Internal pressure from EU sceptic parties (although I really don't know enough about some of the countries to know how significant sentiment is against the EU in Europe) may cause further similar votes. The economy will suffer because of the potential of such votes.
- We will go into recession for sure.

Ubik

Do you think they should make a long term appointment, or someone who can get to grips with the Brexit issue straight away? Jarvis or Cooper you might say.
Don't know. Not even saying this from left/right point of view, it may well be that someone on Corbyn's side of the party resonates more with northern voters, but he himself is not the one that can do it.

But maybe the party are just fecked.

cyberman

This could be massive for the border counties in Ireland. Border patrols are going to be a massive headache and political suicide for anybody willing to push for it. Odds are this wont happen and have some concessions to get around this.
These counties become a legal smuggling enterprise onto ourselves. A gateway to deal with the EU and be on the right side of this mess.
This either becomes huge for us in Donegal etc or our daily life just becomes a little bit more awkward.

AshfordLad

EU will be very very tough in any negotiations to keep the other 27 in line. This would be a long drawn painful process.

I cant even begin to think what happens if Cameron falls and there is a re-election.

JackXX

I'm abroad so didn't vote. Feel indifferent about it all really. I think the vote represents people of the U.K. not feeling represented by any political parties and that extends to the EU. From what I've read/heard I think this vote was about a lot more than the EU tbh. Majority of politicians are clearly out of touch.

I was kind of leaning towards leave (not confident that the EU can carry on without huge problems in the long term) but most of my family wanted to remain so I'd have preferred that outcome really.

I am interested to see what happens in Europe now. From what I understand the UK aren't alone in having an unfavourable view of the EU.