Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
I imagine it will be some system of transferable votes on Monday, to find a majority with broad support - probably either customs union or second referendum, by the looks of things.
As far as I understand it the referendum idea is merely a confirmatory one. I think that means (could be wrong) that Parliament has to agree on a course of action (ha), receive the relevant agreement from Brussels (ha ha) and then must put it to the people.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty

Actually agree with Piers for once
a sizeable portion of the population want to remain, and although a sizeable portion also want to leave, they're split into half a dozen warring camps that can't agree on how and under what terms.

we can't leave until we know how and under what terms, and if we can't agree on how and under what terms we are going to leave, then we can't leave. it's incredibly simple.

there's no leading us out of it, there's just ending the nonsense.

Smores

You had a vote on the motion setting out these procedures and you lost. Standing up now like children moaning ffs

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
563 votes on the referendum option, meaning a lot of MPs had abstained.

bleezy

Does Bercow have some sort of cheat sheet that helps him remember who is the MP for which random area? I barely know who my own MP is, let alone picking them out of a crowd of 400 identical looking blokes.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
BBC News there literally showing 5 old protesters with signs saying how unhappy they'll be with what's happened. Not showing the million that turned up on Saturday that might like it, at least for now.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Pound already at it's lowest in 30 years, markets taking a thrashing, calls for independence referendums in Scotland and Northern Ireland. Whispers that Brussels will look to make an example of us. Just how bad will the shit show get? Or is there light at the end of the tunnel?
Turns out very.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Does Bercow have some sort of cheat sheet that helps him remember who is the MP for which random area? I barely know who my own MP is, let alone picking them out of a crowd of 400 identical looking blokes.
It's his job to know I guess

Oo0AahCantona

Wouldn’t be much more shambolic than if Ernst rohms ghost and a load of brown shirts line parliament at the next vote.

Like what the feck is going on, brexit has broken the country. Surely parliament is actually not fit for purpose? Which is a pretty serious deal.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
If we were to have a public vote what are the likely options?
Ideally three options - May's Deal, most voted for scenario (provided EU agree) and Remain.

For remain to win it must get 50%+ if May Deal and most voted scenario collectively reached 50%+ then the highest of the two is taken as the chosen option.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Do you pizza for tea?

"No."

Then what do you want?

"Kate Beckinsale"

OK, if I had Kate Beckinsale here would you have her instead?

"......no."

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Just go with whichever got the most votes, we never went with what the majority wanted in the referendum.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Ideally three options - May's Deal, most voted for scenario (provided EU agree) and Remain.

For remain to win it must get 50%+ if May Deal and most voted scenario collectively reached 50%+ then the highest of the two is taken as the chosen option.
So an option chosen by 26% could win?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
BBC News there literally showing 5 old protesters with signs saying how unhappy they'll be with what's happened. Not showing the million that turned up on Saturday that might like it, at least for now.
It's fine, give the protestors five years and they'll all be dead from old age anyway.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho

Surely you'd have a transformative vote. With 1st 2nd and 3rd choice and work it that way

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
For a group of people who want Brexit they sure don't seem to like any particular form of Brexit.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
So an option chosen by 26% could win?
If it was one of the two pro Leave votes yes. Think of it like a branching path. You're effectively reading the question "Do you want to leave the EU?" But then saying "If you chose Leave, then choose from one of the two options.

Surely you'd have a transformative vote. With 1st 2nd and 3rd choice and work it that way
Too confusing for big Barry or Clarence McFeckFace to figure out.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Wouldn’t be much more shambolic than if Ernst rohms ghost and a load of brown shirts line parliament at the next vote.

Like what the feck is going on, brexit has broken the country. Surely parliament is actually not fit for purpose? Which is a pretty serious deal.
Seems a load of shit to me. You can totally see how we've got where we are, becoming powerful because it's full of arseholes desperate to look like they've done something, with no moral compass. Desperate to get one over anyone. Whoever shouts the loudest wins. Not because we've been particularly well run to any great extent, and the only reason we've been a well organised country has been for them to rake it in. I'm sure it's always been this way.

Dobba

Wait, people are surprised that Labour MPs would vote against it? Where have you been?

This is literally why they haven't gone balls deep for a 'People's Vote'. The numbers for it don't exist and haven't done at any point in the last 3 years.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
If it was one of the two pro Leave votes yes. Think of it like a branching path. You're effectively reading the question "Do you want to leave the EU?" But then saying "If you chose Leave, then choose from one of the two options.

Too confusing for big Barry or Clarence McFeckFace to figure out.
What about if you want to leave with a customs union, but don't want to take Mays deal no matter what?