Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tucholsky

Supports
VfB Stuttgart
I don't think any of the strings attached will be a problem for remainers. The EU want no Brexit, a customs union deal or May's deal in that order.
I would say it is Revoke Art. 50, EEA membership (or something similar), the customs union is not good enough to solve the GFA/Backstop/"Ireland" Problem. And getting through with the Withdrawal Agreement without further interruptions for the working structures and policy objectives of the EU.

Cause the whole future relations between the UK und the EU can and should be discussed in during the transition period.

Infra-red

BBC reporting that 17/27 want a long extension. The other 10 do not. Macron advocating for a 30 June deadline.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Reuters reporting EU has agreed on delay until October 31st

With a review in June in case we're naughty
And have to take part in EU elections or leave with no deal in June 1st.

Strange how 27 countries can agree on something in one evening while one country can't agree on anything in nearly three years.

More farce in the HoC to come.

Infra-red

May will definitely now quickly bring her deal back for another vote, with the guarantee of the October extension (and EU elections) if the ERG/Brexiteers vote it down.

The Firestarter

So this UK farcipitation in the EU elections would be fun. Really did not think we would reach that point.

The bottom line is EU is indeed ready to delay forever, despite all the talk.

stevoc

How has every argument been discredited, I haven’t even had chance to debate anything yet except the Irish border with one poster. And I honestly don’t have an answer to that. Did I vote contemplating what would with the Irish border? No, that is a minor detail on why I voted leave. I highly doubt it was major factor for you voting to remain either. It’s just another barrier being put up by the EU to delay the UK leaving.
How the feck has the EU put the Irish border problem up as a barrier to the UK leaving?

Are you suggesting they just invented the Good Friday Agreement and everyone is just playing along as if its a real thing?

No it is actually a very real international peace agreement lodged with the UN 21 years ago that the British government signed up to uphold which makes it very difficult for the UK to leave the EU without breaking it.

Hasn't all the talk of Irish border/Customs Union/Single Market/Backstops etc. these last few years made the penny drop for you that Northern Ireland and the GFA was and is a very real obstacle to Brexit that was barely even considered?

Honestly mate while some of the insults are a bit childish you can't expect to be taken seriously posting shit like this.

spiriticon

After Brexit is done, I think i'm going to stop voting for life. I've realised I simply cannot trust a single person in Westminster to do any sort of job properly. The last few weeks have just been utterly ridiculous.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
After Brexit is done, I think i'm going to stop voting for life. I've realised I simply cannot trust a single person in Westminster to do any sort of job properly. The last few weeks have just been utterly ridiculous.
People not voting got us in to this mess.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
How the feck has the EU put the Irish border problem up as a barrier to the UK leaving?

Are you suggesting they just invented the Good Friday Agreement and everyone is just playing along as if its a real thing?

No it is actually a very real international peace agreement lodged with the UN 21 years ago that the British government signed up to uphold which makes it very difficult for the UK to leave the EU without breaking it.

Hasn't all the talk of Irish border/Customs Union/Single Market/Backstops etc. these last few years made the penny drop for you that Northern Ireland and the GFA was and is a very real obstacle to Brexit that was barely even considered?

Honestly mate while some of the insults are a bit childish you can't expect to be taken seriously posting shit like this.
Totally agree.

This sort of attitude is why so many people around the world hate us. We rampaged around taking what we wanted, when we wanted it and now can't even be bothered to take any responsibility for past actions.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
So watching here on television another delay until October. Suspect won’t be the last one.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Can’t resist laughing the anger from the Telegraph journalist asking May if she shouldn’t be apologising for not leaving in 48 hours. :lol:

Everyone is lying here. I suspect they don’t want the United Kingdom to leave in Brussels.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Can’t resist laughing the anger from the Telegraph journalist asking May if she shouldn’t be apologising for not leaving in 48 hours. :lol:

Everyone is lying here. I suspect they don’t want the United Kingdom to leave in Brussels.
The best Brexit is no Brexit.

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
Macron was the deciding factor - if not for him, the rest of the leaders would have given a much longer extension. Mind you, I doubt if it would have made a difference - if this isn't sorted by October 31, it won't be sorted six months after that, either.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
It's pretty farcical, anyone really believe they won't just extend forever if no other choice?

They should have just stuck to the 29th of March and forced the UK to make a decision on something.

In terms of that decision, nothing changed since December, we still have the same awful options, the "deal", no deal or no Brexit.