Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Great thread here.

:lol: No sympathy whatsoever for the twats who voted with no idea what their vote would actually entail. Now imagine its not your fancy retirement that's been taken away but education and job opportunities for much younger people instead.

Having said that, I feel its a bit premature to be crying and talking about selling the property, when they have no idea what any future agreement may look like. In the worst case scenario with no deal whatsoever, won't they be able to spend 180 days (ie basically half the year) in two 90 day chunks anyway?

Initially told myself I wouldn't read the Francois letter....then did and immediately regretted it. He and the rest of his group are such infuriating little scrotes.

I will never ever understand why fishing has become such a hot topic. First why it was so important for so many Brexiteers and why it also seems to be so important as a negotiation piece for the EU. It is such a tiny portion of both GDPs and is frankly the shittest source of protein.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Great thread here.

I read this yesterday and as much as I’d like it to be true, the guy is an author and it just read way too perfectly for my cynical brain to accept it was real.

Sigma

As I was born in Scotland, really hope Nicola Sturgeon can get us out of this mess.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
As I was born in Scotland, really hope Nicola Sturgeon can get us out of this mess.
I dont think so... I think the SNP have introduced (non binding) referendum legistation in the Scottish parliament and the crux of the campaign will be the UK dragged us out of Europe against our will

Suspect we will see the referendum vote tied into the scottish election vote in May 2021 and using it (and presuming they win the SNP would also get a majority or at least be by far the biggest party in the Scottish parliament to say its a mandate for Westminster to recognize the result) ... And then we will see lots of arguments about of scotland can rejoin the EU can they use the £ - will they take a share of UK national debt what about customs checks - will scotland have tartan passports etc

Brexit looks inevitable on 31st December though and from that a push for independence from the SNP

Sigma

I dont think so... I think the SNP have introduced (non binding) referendum legistation in the Scottish parliament and the crux of the campaign will be the UK dragged us out of Europe against our will

Suspect we will see the referendum vote tied into the scottish election vote in May 2021 and using it (and presuming they win the SNP would also get a majority or at least be by far the biggest party in the Scottish parliament to say its a mandate for Westminster to recognize the result) ... And then we will see lots of arguments about of scotland can rejoin the EU can they use the £ - will they take a share of UK national debt what about customs checks - will scotland have tartan passports etc

Brexit looks inevitable on 31st December though and from that a push for independence from the SNP
Yeah I doubt we will stay in the EU, I just hope we can limit the time we are out of the EU. I voted to stay in the UK in 2014 (was my first vote as I was 16), but my view has completed reversed since Brexit, so hope that it's possible.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Yeah I doubt we will stay in the EU, I just hope we can limit the time we are out of the EU. I voted to stay in the UK in 2014 (was my first vote as I was 16), but my view has completed reversed since Brexit, so hope that it's possible.
i wouldnt get a vote but if I did I'd certainly vote for an independent Scotland ... I hope the the rest of the UK would also only be out of the EU for a limited time as well or at least by the next election or the one after there is a credible party at least proposing rejoining the EEA if not the full EU
Ive never felt British - I have some affinity towards England though beyond that would say I feel more European so like you hope we can get back there at some point
As for Scotland i think there could be a really interesting dynamic if there is an indy ref (even non binding0 after January as my understanding was that the Eu and Eu countries tried to stay out of indy ref 1as the UK was an EU member, and the debate as to if Scotland could join and how that would work was something they wouldnt be drawn on- after a hard brexit and months of failed talks I suspect they will be much more active in that regards

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
That last paragraph makes my blood boil
I don't want to upset you but he is talking to this type of people who fail to make sense with themselves.

He first disagrees with the idea that all EU countries are free and then says that he knows about a directive that was more than 10 years old and complains about the UK own inaction and the fact that the EU didn't impose that directive on the UK.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Well done Brexit voters. Here is your clown performing for you again:

He's right, the Australia option is a great deal.

(Looks up countries Australia has a trade agreement with):

New Zealand
Singapore
Thailand
Malaysia
China
Japan
South Korea
Hong Kong
Indonesia
Vietnam*
Brunei*
Burma*
Phillipines*
Laos*
Cambodia*
Small Pacific islands **

USA
Chile
Peru
Mexico*

* = Through agreements with multiple countries/organisations like ASEAN

** = Signed, not yet in place

Now admittedly, I haven't done the groundwork here so, for all I know, some of them could be relatively minor agreements which includes only a couple of things.

Regardless, when looking at the first group of countries, I can't help but be struck by one unifying factor that Australia has gone for when prioritising its trade agreements....

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
He's right, the Australia option is a great deal.

(Looks up countries Australia has a trade agreement with):

New Zealand
Singapore
Thailand
Malaysia
China
Japan
South Korea
Hong Kong
Indonesia
Vietnam*
Brunei*
Burma*
Phillipines*
Laos*
Cambodia*
Small Pacific islands **

USA
Chile
Peru
Mexico*

* = Through agreements with multiple countries/organisations like ASEAN

** = Signed, not yet in place

Now admittedly, I haven't done the groundwork here so, for all I know, some of them could be relatively minor agreements which includes only a couple of things.

Regardless, when looking at the first group of countries, I can't help but be struck by one unifying factor that Australia has gone for when prioritising its trade agreements....
Yep. The EU is those countries for the UK. People have had their minds warped.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Yep. The EU is those countries for the UK. People have had their minds warped.
They will only find out the mistake they have made next year - four years have gone by and it's clear they have not understood what they have brought on themselves and think some kind of trade deal with some far off place will solve their problems. Beyond help.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
How are people feeling about Boris welcoming 2-3 million immigrants from Hong Kong?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
How are people feeling about Boris welcoming 2-3 million immigrants from Hong Kong?
I would be very happy to have millions of HKers move to the UK but I suspect, for many reasons (some don't mind China, for many daily life will be almost identical even with the new law, difficult to move away from family and friends and your culture, closer countries where you can still engage with your culture (Singapore, Taiwan etc) the actual numbers we'll see here will be minimal.

I imagine many will take up their option for the BNO status though, in case they do decide to make the move in the future.

Personally, despite what some of the racist Brexiteers think and despite what some of us remainers have stereotyped all of them as, I also reckon immigration won't suddenly drop completely after brexit. We'll still need it but the face of immigration may well change and they will come from different places than they do currently.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Some of them maybe but the UK isn't the only option nor the main destination of their emigration outside of China which are the US and Canada. Your question made it look like 2-3 millions immigrants were on their way to the UK. Your question seemed a lot more alarming than it should.
Sorry I worded it the wrong way.

Paul the Wolf

So 280k applied successfully to gain entry and 49k just walked in even though they may not offer much compared to the 280k right?
But in EU countries you can't just walk straight in , you have to be able to support yourself but the UK decided not to apply that rule.
Non-EU immigration is at its highest level - taking bets on happiness of the majority of Brexiteers.

Remember the arguments at the beginning of this farce that there were too many immigrants taking all the school places, overcrowding hospitals and all the rest of the nonsense. 100k target getting further and further away.
The notice in landlady's windows must now be "No Dogs, No Irish, No Europeans".

Watch them squirm.

Paul the Wolf

So what’s your point Paul? That we should stop the none europeans coming in as well?
No, the UK could always have had control of both EU and non-EU immigration but decided not to. As long as Brexiters are happy that immigration from whichever country the immigrants come from continues to rise. I was also born yesterday.

Steven Seagull

I would hazard a guess that they would vote to lower it, but that's probably for next year when the EU is no longer a scapegoat.
i thought you would have more conviction than that considering everyone is a big racist.

but if people in the UK want to lower immigration, successive governments promise to lower immigration, and yet nobody lowers immigration, who do you blame for the outcome of the vote?

Paul the Wolf

i thought you would have more conviction than that considering everyone is a big racist.

but if people in the UK want to lower immigration, successive governments promise to lower immigration, and yet nobody lowers immigration, who do you blame for the outcome of the vote?
You can't be racist to vote against people of the same race but you can be xenophobic, the other reason was stupidity.
Successive governments, ie the Tories promised to lower immigration but didn't but nevertheless now have a massive majority. Racism and xenophobia comes from ignorance and stupidity. Seems to be a common factor - gullibility and stupidity.
Waiting to see who gets the blame next year for their woes. I suppose it's whoever the tabloids decide.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff

Foreigners? Leftys?

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal

The morons who keep voting for the party breaking that promise?