Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
So shameless :lol: it’s actually getting funny how much they can take the p… out of all of us and the rest of us morons seem to cheer them to the rafters :lol:

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
A ship will promote UK around the globe. These guys are shameless.
What is it even supposed to achieve? When's the last time that sort of thing had any noticeable effect? (Assuming it won't be a controversy-stirring ship like that abortion boat.)

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Are they still trying to blame Covid for the empty supermarket shelves when everyone knows it's Brexit that caused it?

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I mean, is it even surprising?

This was always going to be the approach - blame all the extra costs of Brexit on the EU's bitterness that the UK left and reclaimed its former glory. It is exactly the Government's approach to the Protocol.
How dare they notice we have left the EU and treat us as if we are no longer part of the EU.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Jesus that’s an infuriating read.
Come on. Nobody could have predicted this and the Remoaners wasted 5 years of preparation time trying to tell people exactly what would happen instead of waving flags on their funeral March. There is simply no way the required amount of people could have been employed to do exactly the amount of work that everyone knew would be necessary.

Balljy

That just blows the mind, how the feck are the negative effects of Brexit that everyone warned about (and were told by Boris and co. would not happen) somehow reasons why the UK was right to leave. What a bunch of weapons.
What really frustrates me about that segment is that when a rational argument is put to them the response is to bring vaccines into it. It's just bizarre and nothing to do with the conversation.

We're not in the EU anymore so will be subject to the same visa charges as other non-EU countries so it's nothing to do with bitterness. How can they not understand that?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
After all that winning they're still not happy, it seems.

Brexiters waiting at the station awaiting the arrival of the Brexit train delivering all the benefits.

I want to slap everyone of them. :mad:

JPRouve

Scout
What really frustrates me about that segment is that when a rational argument is put to them the response is to bring vaccines into it. It's just bizarre and nothing to do with the conversation.

We're not in the EU anymore so will be subject to the same visa charges as other non-EU countries so it's nothing to do with bitterness. How can they not understand that?
Even more infuriating, there is no EU vaccine program each country did what it wanted to do, also it's very easy to be vaccinated in France.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Even more infuriating, there is no EU vaccine program each country did what it wanted to do, also it's very easy to be vaccinated in France.
They'll never change no matter what happens;
Most of the major EU countries will pass the UK on vaccinations by the end of August as well. That Owen Jones hedging his bets after Corbyn's and Starmer's Brexit performances. He also thought Venezuela was a well-run country.

Most of the major EU countries will pass the UK on vaccinations by the end of August as well.
Aye, I said this back in Jan when many were so desperately trying to claim the vaccines as a Brexit victory. The UK was always going to quickly be caught up and would still have amongst the highest figures in Europe for excess deaths despite this extremely short lived “victory”.
Not surprisingly that’s exactly what has transpired.

Last edited:

JPRouve

Scout
Most of the major EU countries will pass the UK on vaccinations by the end of August as well. That Owen Jones hedging his bets after Corbyn's and Starmer's Brexit performances. He also thought Venezuela was a well-run country.
A quick look at the full vaccination rates and it seems that the UK is at 58.1% while France is at 59.5%(ECDC's figures). Is that correct?

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
No words.
Mind numbing and infuriating stupidity.

If it weren't for my decision to dissociate for my mental health, think I'd be banging my head against the wall in tears again.

They can't understand the concept of being a 3rd country.

Also had to laugh at the 'we're an open country' line. I know so many non Europeans who even before Brexit would come to Europe, travel around the mainland with the Schengen and avoid the UK. Either because the fees and general attitude of our visa staff are prohibitive or they'd get randomly rejected with no explanation, even as they got the Schengen without issue.

And they're still babbling on about vaccines ffs. They're about 6 months late.

Idiots.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Also had to laugh at how £6 is going to make the holiday unaffordable now.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
A quick look at the full vaccination rates and it seems that the UK is at 58.1% while France is at 59.5%(ECDC's figures). Is that correct?
I'd imagine you're looking at the UK total population there (including children) and adults only for France.

I do know that Spain has 100% overtaken the UK in terms of fully vaccinated percentage and a lot of other European countries are not far behind anymore.

The 'vaccine brexit victory' (which was always a fake victory as it had nothing to do with being in the EU) was always going to be short lived.

Not to mention that even if it wasn't, the triumphalism about it from some was incredibly strange. Even if the mainland continued to lag behind, its not a good thing to have your neighbours, biggest trading partner, biggest destination of your tourists, the biggest source of tourists to your own country, a place where many British people call home, a place where many residents in the UK come from and still have family, struggling because of raging covid.

Again. Idiots

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Me too, my first thought was, “feck me the EU visa is cheap as!!” :Then she started banging on about unaffordability :lol:
Had to drop £150 for a visa to China a few years ago!

These people are shameless.

(I should clarify 'these peoples' are Brexiteers like her and not a barely disguised, quasi-racist term about the Chinese).

Last edited:

JPRouve

Scout
I'd imagine you're looking at the UK total population there (including children) and adults only for France.

I do know that Spain has 100% overtaken the UK in terms of fully vaccinated percentage and a lot of other European countries are not far behind anymore.

The 'vaccine brexit victory' (which was always a fake victory as it had nothing to do with being in the EU) was always going to be short lived.

Not to mention that even if it wasn't, the triumphalism about it from some was incredibly strange. Even if the mainland continued to lag behind, its not a good thing to have your neighbours, biggest trading partner, biggest destination of your tourists, the biggest source of tourists to your own country, a place where many British people call home, a place where many residents in the UK come from and still have family, struggling because of raging covid.

Again. Idiots
That's possible.

Paul the Wolf

The last figures from yesterday I saw was France at 53% totally vaccinated but France are vaccinating so many more than the UK over the last couple of months or so that we should overtake them if the current rates of vaccination continue within two weeks . Some countries have already overtaken the UK and others will do so very soon. So even that Brexit lie will be another one for the bin soon. But it will be ignored.

Paul the Wolf

Aye, I said this back in Jan when many were so desperately trying to claim the vaccines as a Brexit victory. The UK was always going to quickly be caught up and would still have amongst the highest figures in Europe for excess deaths despite this extremely short lived “victory”.
Not surprisingly that’s exactly what has transpired.
Brexiters are grabbing hold of anything that they can construe to justify their vote. This sort of thing will get worse as grace periods over the next two or three years end. Things are sure to get even crazier.

Jericholyte2

No words.
It’s such a non-story it’s just pathetic! To say the media peddled anyone highlighting the clear and obvious flaws as ‘Project Fear’ they seam to be doing a very good job of peddling fear and hate, even if it’s about something as trivial as a £6 visa.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Also had to laugh at how £6 is going to make the holiday unaffordable now.
According to the right here in Portugal, Lisbon's 1 euro municipal tax to stay in a hotel would kill tourism in the city. This was about 5 years ago, but some right wingers still moan about it.

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
The last figures from yesterday I saw was France at 53% totally vaccinated but France are vaccinating so many more than the UK over the last couple of months or so that we should overtake them if the current rates of vaccination continue within two weeks . Some countries have already overtaken the UK and others will do so very soon. So even that Brexit lie will be another one for the bin soon. But it will be ignored.
53.7% today in Italy for fully-vaccinated, and there are still massive amounts of people booking appointments. We were late starting when compared with the UK, but we've certainly done well since.

JPRouve

Scout
Yeah the ECDC figure is for +18 years old.

Paul the Wolf

53.7% today in Italy for fully-vaccinated, and there are still massive amounts of people booking appointments. We were late starting when compared with the UK, but we've certainly done well since.
Same in France. Looking at the daily figures the difference is quite staggering, over the past 4 days France have given over 2 million injections whereas UK has given 700k and France has slowed down quite a bit from previous weeks, probably because of the holidays

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Just for the sake of stirring shit. The pound only went up since january 2021. Why is that?