Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
The way this Government is playing politics over the Protocol is honestly what has angered me the most about all of this, all the way back to Cameron thinking he was a political genius by calling the referendum.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Fcuking hell. “This queue is due to idiots… while they sit in a queue”. The cognitive dissonance to see everyone else in the queue as having invalid reasons as you validate your own reasons for being in the queue is horrifying.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
I saw a chart a couple of weeks ago showing the regions of the UK, and the ones having the lowest stocks were in the south of England. Wish I had kept it now.
Obviously panic buying tipped it over the edge but why is there only panic buying in the UK? Do gullible people only believe what's in the press; we know the answer, we found that out over five years ago.

It will happen again.
Its not panic buying. My local station is still out of fuel. As are the two nearby. People can’t fill up full tanks. We can’t get fuel from refineries to stations quick enough. Normal BAU is not possible right now in many areas.

Of course panic buying is a problem. It made a small problem into a big one. But people haven’t started driving more, they filled up and are now avoiding trips. We should have fully stocked petrol stations. They’re still closed.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
The way this Government is playing politics over the Protocol is honestly what has angered me the most about all of this, all the way back to Cameron thinking he was a political genius by calling the referendum.
I think they’ll end up triggering Article 16 to suspend the protocol and then be forced into a humiliating climbdown once a real trade war starts.

Smores

I think they’ll end up triggering Article 16 to suspend the protocol and then be forced into a humiliating climbdown once a real trade war starts.
I await the day the UK agrees to rejoin and these Tories try spin it as the plan all along. We'll end up on worse terms and they'll claim to have beaten the EU.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Watching this again… it’s just remarkable, isn’t it?

“It is what it is”, is a phrase that’s become particularly popular in recent years with thick cnuts.

It’s a really odd saying in this context - basically like saying, “I have zero insight, want zero insight and am choosing ineffectuality and apathy”.

This is after actively causing the problem itself.

TheGame

Watching this again… it’s just remarkable, isn’t it?

“It is what it is”, is a phrase that’s become particularly popular in recent years with thick cnuts.

It’s a really odd saying in this context - basically like saying, “I have zero insight, want zero insight and am choosing ineffectuality and apathy”.

This is after actively causing the problem itself.
'It is what it is as long as those immigrants ain't coming in and taking our jobs'. Show them the shortage of workers on farms and in HGV drivers and they still won't come up with a competent response. It's a reflection of society and a clear demonstration a binary referendum such as we had was a stupid idea because no one had a clue what they were voting for when it came to Brexit and 6 years on, people still don't know. I'm still waiting for those famous cards we must hold.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Speaking of festivals, I thought the Festival of Brexit was meant to kick off in autumn? Not heard anything on that in months.
FFS I forgot about that.

They should be MADE to still hold that though… they’re almost trying to act as if Brexit doesn’t exist anymore.

A nice, big Brexit festival would be fecking excellent cuz it’d stop them from denying its existence!

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Is this serious?

And then there's this:

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Is this serious?

And then there's this:

That second person might misunderstand what 'war' means here - and that you cannot very much attack the EU countries one by one if you go to war with a trading bloc.

Is there anyone outside the circle of the Converted that thinks the UK will come out of a real trade war better than it's doing now? How would that happen? (In serious terms, not empty rhetorics.) A trade war would hurt both parties of course, but I would think that the UK would be affected so much more if the EU went all in on this...

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Is this serious?

And then there's this:

It’s almost like the brexit deal they told us was the best thing in the history ever was actually terrible.

The way they insult the public’s intelligence and get away with it is terrifying.

Abizzz

Is this serious?

And then there's this:

The funny thing is all of europe know that the moment Lord Frosts demands are met he pulls new demands from his arsehole, Boris Johnson.

I don't see any point in all of it anymore. We should let Britain be Britain and let them trade with the sea.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Is this serious?

And then there's this:

The whole British government's strategy from when Johnson got to power was to have separate agreements with the EU so at any time they could renegue on one and keep the others.
The EU insisted that it was all tied in together. So if they renegue on one part the whole agreement is lost.

WIthin less than a year it is clear that Brexit is a catastrophe, which was obvious to anyone with any intelligence more than five years ago and will continue to get worse.
The Brexiteers have realised within a year that they're going nowhere, there are no trade deals to be done, to do your the majority of trade with countries thousands of miles away is moronic in all senses especially in a world that is trying to reduce climate problems.

I'm guessing they've reached the point where they're close to saying - Let's go the whole hog. we've nothing to lose.(politically)- there are enough voters who will vote for us as long as we mention horrible foreigners, countries being mean to us, the war and flags.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Is this serious?

And then there's this:

The idea that you can wish for a trade war with the country that forms most of your access to the continent (and is closely allied and part of a union with the rest) is kind of hilarious. These guys are out of their fecking minds. They're literally willing to let the country devolve to the 70's just to try and cling to power off the back of nationalist fervour. If people don't start mass protests soon, its going to actually happen.

WPMUFC

Not sure how many of you listen to The Bunker Podcast, however they had a guest on there for the recent episode that claimed they knew a "card carrying member of the ERG" whom "fantasised about the return of ration books"

around 28:45

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The idea that you can wish for a trade war with the country that forms most of your access to the continent (and is closely allied and part of a union with the rest) is kind of hilarious. These guys are out of their fecking minds. They're literally willing to let the country devolve to the 70's just to try and cling to power off the back of nationalist fervour. If people don't start mass protests soon, its going to actually happen.
I wonder what would happen if Engie and EDF were involved in that trade war and if the Touquet agreement was ditched.

Maticmaker

I'm guessing they've reached the point where they're close to saying - Let's go the whole hog. we've nothing to lose.(politically)- there are enough voters who will vote for us as long as we mention horrible foreigners, countries being mean to us, the war and flags.
Paul, basically I would agree with this; politically the Tories are the only show in town just now especially with the 80 seat majority, but there is a problem for the PM and it isn't really the fallout from Brexit or Covid. Boris has made two big promises for the future that he cannot keep because they are mutually exclusive; he cannot deliver (in time) any meaningful 'leveling Up' (in fact probably can only delay or for example downgrade the progress of HR2) and at the same time deliver on the targets for fighting Climate Change. Boris's personal future as PM (if not the Tory Government) rests on him being successful in both, but its impossible; he is digging a hole and nobody's is offering to take the spade off him!

However help is at hand. Boris needs a distraction and Frost is going to give him one, an all out Trade War with the EU. A time when 'stiffening the sinews and summoning up the blood. Crying God for Harry, etc.' will be the battle cry, visions of the Brits with their backs to the Wall, baying and spitting venom at their enemies, shaking their fists, 'come on son, fancy your chances then' adorn the headlines of certain papers! Rally round the flag, cancel all holidays in Europe, buy Aussie and SA wine, etc. "Dig for Victory' and songs like White Cliffs of Dover etc. are heard everywhere.... coming to an area near you soon!!

Always knew you had that gift of the 'Seerer', Paul ;)

Tarrou

Paul, basically I would agree with this; politically the Tories are the only show in town just now especially with the 80 seat majority, but there is a problem for the PM and it isn't really the fallout from Brexit or Covid. Boris has made two big promises for the future that he cannot keep because they are mutually exclusive; he cannot deliver (in time) any meaningful 'leveling Up' (in fact probably can only delay or for example downgrade the progress of HR2) and at the same time deliver on the targets for fighting Climate Change. Boris's personal future as PM (if not the Tory Government) rests on him being successful in both, but its impossible; he is digging a hole and nobody's is offering to take the spade off him!

However help is at hand. Boris needs a distraction and Frost is going to give him one, an all out Trade War with the EU. A time when 'stiffening the sinews and summoning up the blood. Crying God for Harry, etc.' will be the battle cry, visions of the Brits with their backs to the Wall, baying and spitting venom at their enemies, shaking their fists, 'come on son, fancy your chances then' adorn the headlines of certain papers! Rally round the flag, cancel all holidays in Europe, buy Aussie and SA wine, etc. "Dig for Victory' and songs like White Cliffs of Dover etc. are heard everywhere.... coming to an area near you soon!!

Always knew you had that gift of the 'Seerer', Paul ;)
I wouldn't have thought climate change was a deal-breaker for Tory voters

Smores

I'm almost glad that we're in a region where we're a small player because if we were in the middle east with our current political state we'd be a country on the brink.

You've got to hope this silliness results in a turning point where the public reject etonians using the country to fulfil their search for self importance and legacy.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Nothing is a deal breaker for them. Because they are so reliant on Boris to keep the Tories in power.
They will forgive him for literally anything and everything.

Smores

A lot of them still don't believe in it, there's definitely a sizeable portion of the brexit vote who even if they do believe it think it's massively overstated.

That Julia bitch tweeted to such effect this morning and her feed is full of british flags talking what is effectively denials. It'll be the next culture war, anything to challenge it will be fought.

Maticmaker

May be not for dyed-in-the-wool Tory voter, but Boris got his 'spanking' majority from the not so 'dyed-in-the-wool' who are interested in fighting climate change and even from those beyond the party... don't forget he 'borrowed' votes from elsewhere, as well as the red wall constituencies.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Sammy Wilson talking absolute shite again..

“There’s no need for border checks, except for goods which go from Northern Ireland. And don’t forget, only 4% of our sales go to the EU, and only 5% of our firms actually trade with the EU,” said Wilson.
Would someone like to tell the fecking muppet that the Republic is part of the EU?

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Sammy Wilson talking absolute shite again..

Would someone like to tell the fecking muppet that the Republic is part of the EU?
Just so I get this right - I see he is an MP in the Belfast area and he claims only 5% of 'our firms' trade with the EU. What does he mean with 'our' here, Nothern Ireland? Is he really separating Ireland and the EU in that comment, as you're suggesting? Why would he do that?

Sorry if these are obvious questions; If the answers to my first two questions are both Yes, then I'm genuinely interested in what the answer to my final question is. (If he means that NI doesn't have to care about the EU outside Ireland, someone should explain to him what 'economic union' really means.)

Last edited:

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Just so I get this right - I see he is an MP in the Belfast area and he claims only 5 of 'our firms' trade with the EU. What does he mean with 'our' here, Nothern Ireland? Is he really separating Ireland and the EU in that comment, as you're suggesting? Why would he do that?

Sorry if these are obvious questions; If the answers to my first two questions are both Yes, then I'm genuinely interested in what the answer to my final question is. (If he means that NI doesn't have to care about the EU outside Ireland, someone should explain to him what 'economic union' really means.)
Our is definitely Northern Ireland. The second is my supposition, but I don't see how else it makes even the vaguest semblance of sense. I'd venture a guess that it's total horseshit even without the Republic.