Brian Brobbey

dasty

Agreed. He’s hardly breaking the bank, much like Malacia so why the meltdown?
Unlike Malacia who actually did pretty well for PSV, this guy looks a bit like some muscle guy you saw in the gym playing football... His touch and technique is very awkward. If you cringe seeing Lukaku's technique, this guy's attempt to dribble will definitely give you seizures. Still young though and can improve a lot, but at the moment he doesn't look anywhere near ready to play for us.

SATA

Is he the Ajax version of Emile Heskey judging from most of the posts i read here? To be fair, Heskey was a very decent striker coming up from Leicester

Dominos

I’ve backed him all the way. If he brings this dude he is honestly going to fail. The club needs to step in on this one.
To be fair I'm not passing judgement on this one as I've not watched him.

But generally speaking we need to find a happy medium between club targets and managerial targets. We know our scouts have let us down over the years but we can't allow the manager to hand over a shopping list with no scrutiny from the club over whether they're the right player, whether they fit into the balance of the squad given current players we have etc.

It feels like Ten Hag has been given a completely free reign which may turn out very well for us, but we could just as easily be sat here in a year or two asking why the club didn't veto certain decisions and just handed over complete control.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
If you are unfortunate enough to have the surname "Brobbey", why would you name your kid Brian?

Chief123

Isn’t BB at the start of his career whilst Odeon was at the end? What’s the actual comparison here?
What I’m saying is just because he’s available on the cheap he’s not a good option. He doesn’t have the quality if we are aspiring to improve.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I’ve backed him all the way. If he brings this dude he is honestly going to fail. The club needs to step in on this one.
Bit of an exaggeration... We need depth in attack. There isn't the funds to spend more after Martinez and Frenkie who are still the main 2, obviously. So we buy him on cheap as depth and then revisit Antony/a striker next summer.

evil_geko

People already against ETH and know better than him I see, usual Caf.

PoTMS

A signing like this would start harbouring doubts over Ten Hag. He's an Ighalo type signing except we actually would pay another club actual money.

Chairman Steve

I’d be happier if he was coming in with someone like Dybala as well, as a ‘low risk, potential high reward’ project. It’s not like we’re signing him for £30m or something. If he got 10 goals in all comps next season for us, I’d consider that a success.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
The 15 mill could be added elsewhere. Somewhere better. Much better.
FdJ and Martinez (or other CB) are our big ticket item. As for the rest, it seems clear that we're shopping around for free agents and cheap options. You say that better options are out there, and there may well be, but are there any out there for that kind of money? Quite possibly, but everyone is a punt at that price. At least EtH knows what he'd be getting.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
A signing like this would start harbouring doubts over Ten Hag. He's an Ighalo type signing except we actually would pay another club actual money.
Fecking Caf, ey :lol:

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Not the most natural footballer I've ever seen, plus he's very awkward in possession.

But what do I know? In Ten Hag we trust.

Yakuza_devils

If ETH can pull this off, he will be the best manager since SAF. Forget about Klopp or Pep. This is a miracle if he end up like Drogba.

We need an rvn

Great reaction - let's all start getting the boos ready for his first touch as well shall we

ETH obviously thinks there is something there he can work with, or felt he was ready to be unleashed or he wouldn't be going for this.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Is this Ronaldo's replacement then?

Why's this coming about all of a sudden?

If ETH wanted this lad and he's so cheap, why didn't we sign him weeks ago and have him on the tour, settling into the squad?

MrSingh2002

I see pride. I see power.

Looks a handful and he's strong and fast. If Ten Hag thinks he can use him then why not. Still want Nkunku though.

PoTMS

€20m on him would be an absolute colossal waste of money when we could just promote one of our own. Seriously what is this Ajax obsession? At least before it was actually one of their good players.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I watched him play before especially watching him full 90 min against PSV in the final cup, he was bad in that game. Poor first touch in that match which surprised me that he was Ajax player at that time. But anyone ten Hag wants, I’m fully behind him.

Mainoldo

Bit of an exaggeration... We need depth in attack. There isn't the funds to spend more after Martinez and Frenkie who are still the main 2, obviously. So we buy him on cheap as depth and then revisit Antony/a striker next summer.
Bro Dybala is free and 6 times better than this kid. If it’s that tight those are the sort it decisions you make. Not a buy a player who would struggle at Aston Villa.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
If we sign this oaf for any amount higher than a bag of potatoes, I'm going to lose it.

croadyman

So utterly underwhelming, someone show us something that can make this feel more positive

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Dutch Ighalo. Do not want.
Never seen him play. Any good?

ManRed

He is worth exactly quoted price. Doubt he will be our first team striker anytime soon and a different option from the bench. If Martial and Brobby are our strikers going into the season then God help us!

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
I'm sure he is an elite athlete that is putting up big metrics in the gym. For 15m I would not be opposed to it. With 5 subs it might be nice to have a brick shithouse who can press for the last 10 minutes of matches.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I'm sure he is an elite athlete that is putting up big metrics in the gym. For 15m I would not be opposed to it. With 5 subs it might be nice to have a brick shithouse who can press for the last 10 minutes of matches.
He also clearly could handle the technical demands of an Ajax training session as well, so he won't be technical limited either.

In my eyes, the same reason we are willing to pay so much for De Jong is the same if we were to pay a small fee for Brobbey. We believe the relationship the manager has with the player will allow us to get the best out of him.

DevilRed

For 13m?

Why not take a punt.

Looks an absolute unit of a human being. Would have no issues with the physicality of the prem.

But If we are being honest, he doesn't look very good.

His goals record last year was very poor.

Mostly potential at the moment?

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Just shut down the scouting department of we're going after every Ajax player from last season.